Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to deal with low-ballers

Default Re: How to deal with low-ballers

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    Sometimes. I also encounter people who would bargain too much for my services offered.
    I have quoted a very reasonable price but still insist for more discount. I feel really insulted so I would refer him to a repair shop that will make his day
    Sprinkle some fungus spore and tiny bit of water before assemble their lens back.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    Sprinkle some fungus spore and tiny bit of water before assemble their lens back.
    Bad for reputation...

The best way to deal with lowballer was actually to ignore them. No need to come up with grand scheme of things and waste the whole load of trouble on these peoples. Just ignore them, life is too short to be bothered by these peoples.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123
    The best way to deal with lowballer was actually to ignore them. No need to come up with grand scheme of things and waste the whole load of trouble on these peoples. Just ignore them, life is too short to be bothered by these peoples.
    Yup agree...no need to waste both parties time if the price can't make it then don't sell it.

But some time I will reply to the low baller "how about u sell me that the price u want"

Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post
    Bro Lowballing u is a crime unforgivable. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Haha very true!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Bad for reputation...
    Agree. And also wasted both of our time
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Honestly, only on CS have I ever heard the term 'lowballing'... I guess it's cultural. In some markets in the world, it is common to negotiate down to 10% of the original price. But I've learnt to be more polite in my negotiation, usually ask for best price directly, then don't negotiate further. Sometimes though the guy will come back later if not sold and offer a better price, lol.

Blog Entries

give that guy a pair of underwear. we all have low balls one. if high won't need underwear to hold them in liao.

Lowball still nevermind, I just don't like the attitude of the lowballers, they always say the same things. "I will take it off your hands for $xxx" or "fast deal tonight, $xxx, take the offer". It's like they are doing me a favor by lowballing me.

'But this guy selling at that price!'
    'THEN WHY THE HECK YOU APPROACH ME FOR.'

'This website price cheaper! *grey market lens*'
    'Hello, mine is 100% local set brand new with warranty starting when we buy.' (share a new kit, he take lens, I take body)
    'I don't need warranty!'
    'THEN YOU BUY FROM HIM AT CHEAPER PRICE SAVE 30 BUCKS NO WARRANTY LOR!'
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    Sometimes. I also encounter people who would bargain too much for my services offered.
    I have quoted a very reasonable price but still insist for more discount. I feel really insulted so I would refer him to a repair shop that will make his day
    thank god i didn't bargain for your services cause i thought that you did a decent job for my 18-55 and the d40 sensor cleaning.
    was rather pleased with the servicing.
    managed to sell both away at decent prices, no doubt selling price is low but still within market expectation.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 25th March 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    thank god i didn't bargain for your services cause i thought that you did a decent job for my 18-55 and the d40 sensor cleaning.
    was rather please with the servicing.
    managed to sell both away at decent prices, no doubt selling price is low but still within market expectation.
    uncle fatigue is one of the most reliable ones around no worries leaving my stuff with him

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji
    How about this situation:

EF16-35 brand new local set at reputable shops selling for $2.3k+
    1 year old out of warranty asking for $2k+
    Brand new set at JB for S$1.9k+ with 2 year canon.my warranty.

Do one take into consideration of availability from acorss causeway?
    Will offer of $1.7k deem low baller?

For me, won't make any offer. Just to hear your view.
    Then u can tell the seller what u know about the new item price, and ask him to do his checking.

So long as u got evidence to back up your words, nothing wrong in offering what u think it's a fair price. U have done your research, then it's good for you. Its up to the seller to do his own homework too.

Seller also not stupid lah. He would want to check around the market price first before selling. Sometimes it's a genuine mistake, sometimes the seller is looking for a sucker to take his bait.

For me personally, I will ask around in those 2nd hand shops first for market prices.

i've encountered one particular interesting CSer who tried to 'point me in the right direction' as to how much I should really be selling my dslr.

the member 'advised' me to check out the current on-going price for the camera in USA webbies. yeah right, as if i'm gonna deal with ppl from overseas and their purchase price is very different from ours to begin with.

the member also 'highlighted' the fact that the longer i hold onto my camera, the more its value will drop, especially when the new replacement dslr is out and thus, offered me a low-ball price to take it away from me.

finally, the member commented on a lens that i've put up on sale previously and if the price had been lower, he/she would have considered.

sadly for this member, i sold the dslr much closer to the price i'm holding out for and the lens, was sold at my asking price.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Would anyone care to share experience where you have successfully low-balled?

I'll share an encounter where I had unexpectedly high-balled... I put a lens up for sale. Open for bids for $1 onwards. Yes! $1! I got so many bids. In the end, I managed to sell the lens for 20% more than I had mentally targetted.

Don't know if mine is funny or what. Was selling my d7000, someone texted and offer me his 50inch LG tv to trade. I was like O.O I ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    Don't know if mine is funny or what. Was selling my d7000, someone texted and offer me his 50inch LG tv to trade. I was like O.O I ignored him.
    I ish also got a better and modern, state of the art 57" TV, very Sharp (but it is Toshiba brand though)! Only ~ 120 kg, you want trade?

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Don't waste your time even replying to such person if you have already indicated FIRM or FIXED on your thread. Just simply ignore the person politely. Hope it helps
    There are sellers who stated 'Firm' but when he updates.. the new $$$ is lower.

Be firm but what when you are in need of $$$$???

The basis is both parties must agree..

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    give that guy a pair of underwear. we all have low balls one. if high won't need underwear to hold them in liao.
    If your balls are low, it means you are "heaty". Please drink more "cooling tea".
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345