Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Hi

    Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre set up (1 of those cheap all in one type) so that I can listen to the audio through my DVD home theatre and blue ray movie from the PS3.

    Here's a pic of my DVD player



    I'm guessing that I have to connect a HDMI cable from PS3 to the DVD player?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    you should connect your dvd player to your TV and PS3 to your TV too.. let's say dvd to HDMI 1, and ps3 to HDMI 2
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  3. #3
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    you should connect your dvd player to your TV and PS3 to your TV too.. let's say dvd to HDMI 1, and ps3 to HDMI 2
    Hey voxies09, thanks for your reoly.

    I'm thinking of getting a PS3 to watch movie and a little gaming instead of another all in one Blue Ray home theatre.

    But I can only listen through the speakers of the DVD home theatre if I were watching a DVD movie from it.

    If I want to have the option of listening through the DVD home theatre speakers while watching normal free to air channels or from a PS3, what do I have to connect?

  4. #4
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Oh it, connect audio out from TV to DVD's audio in,

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Born in KK hospital
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Does ur DVD home theatre has a "optical digital in" slot?

    coz u need to use optical cable to output from the PS3 to ur DVD home theatre.

    PS3

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    I connect my PS3 to amplifier through OPTICAL OUTPUT, not the DVD player, and it works. Connect the PS3 with your amplifier via optical cable, PS3 has one. There is also some configuration to do at PS3 menu: 'Audio settings'.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Your setup has NO digital input. Either HDMI or optical. So thats not possible. Get a proper av amp. Or just enjoy sound from the tv. Plug the ps3 to the tv via a HDMI cable.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  8. #8
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canto View Post
    Does ur DVD home theatre has a "optical digital in" slot?

    coz u need to use optical cable to output from the PS3 to ur DVD home theatre.

    PS3


    Quote Originally Posted by StarAlliance View Post
    I connect my PS3 to amplifier through OPTICAL OUTPUT, not the DVD player, and it works. Connect the PS3 with your amplifier via optical cable, PS3 has one. There is also some configuration to do at PS3 menu: 'Audio settings'.
    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Your setup has NO digital input. Either HDMI or optical. So thats not possible. Get a proper av amp. Or just enjoy sound from the tv. Plug the ps3 to the tv via a HDMI cable.
    Thanks guys

  9. #9

    Default Re: Can I connect a PS3 to my DVD home theatre ?

    just use what petetherock suggested, have been using that configuration for both my living and bedroom.
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •