Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What have you seen or experienced "disturbed" you?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i am sure you meant 'former'.
    Oops...yes I meant former..

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    erm, in some other countries I've been too, they also have situations like those listed here, so discourtesy, impolite behaviour, kiasuism is not limited to Singaporeans. Don't shortchange your own people, yah?

That aside, number one on my hitlist are those people who cannot wait for you to alight before rushing on the MRT. One day, just one day, I'm going to simply stand smack in the middle of the door and refuse to move. When they start complaining, I going to sweetly say, "All of you block the doorway until like that, how am I going to get off?"
    hehe
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    My formal colleague....

1. He once had a cold. In a meeting with upper management he was talking away while fluid was flowing from his nostrils, leaving a trail from the nostrils to almost touching the upper lip. He was either not aware or simply ignored it. I pretended I needed tissue to wipe my glasses and went to get a box from another colleague's desk. I left the box on the meeting table and he still did not get the hint. Finally our lady VP got so irritated she told him to wipe his nose in front of everyone.
    I can imagine Roy and other colleagues must be laughing discreetly while this guy wiped up his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    2. He kept his fingernails on both his little fingers long. In a conversation my other colleague and I saw him picked out some food stuck in his teeth with his left fingernail, transferred that stuff from the underside of his left fingernail to the upper side of his right little fingernail, and then believe it or not, stuck his right little finger back into his mouth and swallowed the stuff he picked out from his teeth!

whoa, that sure is gross and Roy must have witnessed the whole procedure, probably taped it up, replayed it twice, to have such detail description.

mmm, i dont think singaporeans are all that bad. there are people who are very courteous & helpful. but of course as humans, we only notice the bad points of people rather than the good.

okay my take.
    yes the usual mrt rush. its quite crazy.

mmm, and i dont know if you guys have experienced this. but i consider myself a fairly fast walker especially when i'm late. & i get very pissed when there's a big group of people walking in front of you. they walk so slow, i could have sworn i saw a snail zoom pass them. i said excuse me but they ignored me the 1st time round. so okay nevermind, it's alright, im just hopping from side to side with urgency.
    i said excuse me the 2nd time & they still choose to ignore me.
    i was really late for work, i picked up my hp; pretended to talk to someone albeit in a very loud tone. "sorry but i will be late, there's just this bunch of people who just decided to smell the muddy grass this morning and walking so slowly i could see a snail zoom past them with its slime and all"
    haha, they just quietly parted like how Moses parted the Red Sea to let me cross.

the only other thing is i hate it when they are smoking & they blow the smoke to your direction. only apparent in coffeeshops but the last time i checked, i think smoking is banned in coffeeshops!

Lightbulb

not yet for now, maybe soon. in the newspapers few days ago.

Default What have you seen or experienced "disturbed" you?

a colleague did what all he can do just to get boss attentions and wishes to get promoted in a short time..........regardless of how many people he had offened!

people who hog the ATM machine for a long time even though there's a long queue behind them

No toliet paper in toliet.

HATE PPL WHO SNEEZE AND SPIT EVERYWHERE!!

Some people just can't cover their freeking mouths.... just sneeze right on to the floor.... then some can use their thumbs hold one side and blow ON TO THE FLOOR!!

I was at bugis, happy with film in my bag and I sat down and waited for the train.... saw this ah beng looking, well more like lao beng... standing about 10 meters away...

Bloody hell.... he was about to sneeze, he just turn one side (my side) look down and phreeking sneeze on to the floor.... not once... not twice... but three times.... UrGh!

I've seen ppl spit, spit in drain fine not tat bad. Spit in dustbin, i dont care.. spit on grass... wad the heck..... One old fella, was on the MRT platform just freeking spit on the floor, den use his foot and smeeer the spit all over.. another went to spit NEXT to the bin...

WHAT THE HELL!! Whats wrong with ppl!!

YeS PeOPLe Leaning against grab poles are FREEKING ANOYING!! Told a stupid indian chap off... and HE JUST GOES BACK TO LEANING! Tink wad Maharaja of india's trains..... Pttttf.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    people who hog the ATM machine for a long time even though there's a long queue behind them
    There was about 3 times that I lost it...I told them that the ATM is not a computer or arcade gaming machine.

I think most of the forummers had already covered all those pet peeves of mine here. The one I find missing is here is one of my most hated one. Guys who thinks they have such huge melon size scrotum between their legs and have to sit with their thighs open forcing people to legs aside or prevent others from sitting. And worst are those who goes further by actually keeping shaking their legs too while it is touching yours.

I am not shy to give you a piece of my mind if you caught me on the wrong day and I will shoved back physically.

last time got one picture where the EF 300/2.8L got dunked into the seawater that one then got rusty and worn off liaoz

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    I think most of the forummers had already covered all those pet peeves of mine here. The one I find missing is here is one of my most hated one. Guys who thinks they have such huge melon size scrotum between their legs and have to sit with their thighs open forcing people to legs aside or prevent others from sitting. And worst are those who goes further by actually keeping shaking their legs too while it is touching yours.
    I think you'll kind of enjoy the experience if you are a girl.

I am not shy to give you a piece of my mind if you caught me on the wrong day and I will shoved back physically.
    hey...must be the same chap who sat next to me one day. shaking his legs like crazy. first left leg then right leg. like bloody vibrator.

There was about 3 times that I lost it...I told them that the ATM is not a computer or arcade gaming machine.

There's no rule saying how long you can use an ATM. why wld anyone purposely stay at an ATM for a long time? It has to be they have many transcations/not sure what to press etc.

I have a colleague who has a very very bad habit, He PICK his nose very often, and I mean very often, he is so use to it that he even pick his nose while talking to people. Its like so natural for him. But the rest of our colleague are hinting him to make him conscious of such bad habit.

Many of those things that are mentioned have happen to many of us, sometimes when we try to "counter" such behaviours we are making ourselves behaving like those people we complained about. Insted of being at the receiving end, we may become those who commit such acts.

Its quite a thin line, but as along as we are conscious of our behaviour, we know how to draw the line.

The most important factor is Respect, Self-respect and respect to others.

But such behaviour will Never go away. There will always be here to stay, we can only say so much on the forum, complain to our friends, some will not listen, most doesn't read newspaper forum or are involved in a forum that we have here.

The public transport syndrome, for me I'll will also "fight" for my space, my right and for people who know the "rule" of respect will get the same amount of "respect" or graciousness from me.

Its the same even on private cars. How may of you drivers here have met reckless, inconsiderate, rude, slow, racing, blur drivers.

There are always 'Ugly' people, there are also 'beautiful' people, we must also make more effort to make those people we know be beautiful people. Then the society on the whole will be more beautiful.

As the world says, Singapore services is not there yet.
    I had a very un-impressive service from a coffee shop where i visit very regularly. All i ask is just a cup of plain water for me to eat my panadol and what that auntie did is say if you didnt buy anything i charge u 30cents. I told her juz now i juz bought a cup of milo. And she shouted, take yourself lah! Never give $ still want me to service you.
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Lightbulb

cannot be helped, it is congenital. he he.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    hey...must be the same chap who sat next to me one day. shaking his legs like crazy. first left leg then right leg. like bloody vibrator.
    whichever girls who sit on either/both sides of this chap, it is heavens!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    As the world says, Singapore services is not there yet.
    I had a very un-impressive service from a coffee shop where i visit very regularly. All i ask is just a cup of plain water for me to eat my panadol and what that auntie did is say if you didnt buy anything i charge u 30cents. I told her juz now i juz bought a cup of milo. And she shouted, take yourself lah! Never give $ still want me to service you.
    panadol cannot be taken with milo? must be habitual like when you were growing up that your caregivers always give you plain water with panadol. he he.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast