Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117

Thread: The official announcement: Nikon D4

  1. #41

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Not a quantum leap but glad to see this launch. it's about time that Nikon shown the competitors that they are still a force to reckon. Like.

  2. #42

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Finally it is here. Just in time which I plan to go into Videography beside my photography works.
    Last edited by sammedia; 7th January 2012 at 01:12 AM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    I believed it is "Made in Japan"? Couldn't find any picture of the base of D4...

  4. #44

    Default

    May not be a quantum leap in IQ, but an improvement nevertheless. But the remote control capability, for a pro, that's really something!

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Black Gate of Mordor
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    So, for those of you who are whining and complaining or whatever. How long have you used or extensively tested the D4?. Hypocrites...

  6. #46

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnQuah View Post
    Wonder when will it hit the shops....
    From news, end of Feb...

  7. #47
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 116520
    I believed it is "Made in Japan"? Couldn't find any picture of the base of D4...
    The base says that it is a sample unit, not for sale

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikF601

    From news, end of Feb...
    Wow! One more month...

  9. #49
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnQuah

    Wow! One more month...
    http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33371_1-573...rn-into-flood/

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33371_1-573...rn-into-flood/

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?
    Every??
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  11. #51
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Nikon D4 arrives after leaks turn into flood | CES 2012: Digital photo and video - CNET Blogs

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?
    The dumb ones might go buy the multi-function center companies model........
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  12. #52

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Nikon D4 arrives after leaks turn into flood | CES 2012: Digital photo and video - CNET Blogs

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?
    would you?
    "The only bad thing about this lens is that it's not in my camera bag."

  13. #53

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Ha ha... Let's wait for the production model... who knows it says "Made in Thailand" or "Made in Malaysia"... I guess people will make lots of noise in this thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    The base says that it is a sample unit, not for sale

  14. #54
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,642

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Nikon D4 arrives after leaks turn into flood | CES 2012: Digital photo and video - CNET Blogs

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?
    Photographers who know better buy a camera system, not a single camera.....

  15. #55

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Nikon D4 arrives after leaks turn into flood | CES 2012: Digital photo and video - CNET Blogs

    And one month ahead of the Canon EOS 1D X. But the latter win in nearly every aspects of the spec wor. Will many Nikonian switch side?
    You cant take photos with just a body and without a lens. Y not Look at the bigger picture?
    Switch because at this very moment a camera body seems to be or is much better? Then years later.. Nikon/other system offer better..switch again? 1 must be too rich or too crazy to do such thing. Maybe it work for afew or you..but not me definitely.

  16. #56

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Very tempting but think will stick to my D700 for a while.

    Just a hobbyist so don't think there is a need to upgrade to a D4 unless money too much..........

  17. #57
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Every??
    Nikon D4 vs. Canon EOS 1Dx specs comparison | Nikon Rumors

    Can't wait to see the shootout... possible in April/May/June...

  18. #58
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default Re: The official announcement: Nikon D4

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    You cant take photos with just a body and without a lens. Y not Look at the bigger picture?
    Switch because at this very moment a camera body seems to be or is much better? Then years later.. Nikon/other system offer better..switch again? 1 must be too rich or too crazy to do such thing. Maybe it work for afew or you..but not me definitely.
    Just kidding lah... anyway, as someone on DPreview forum pointed out, actually both the D4 and EOS 1D X are disappointments - they are incremental improvements, nothing revolutionary. The DSLR technology has reached maturity. So unless got a real breakthrough in the basic science/technology, expect more of the same in the years to come.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    I'm so tempted by this camera. I know I need a full frame but I'm torn between this, the upcoming D800 and the good old D700. D3s is great but I dun see y not just get the latest D4.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  20. #60
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye
    I'm so tempted by this camera. I know I need a full frame but I'm torn between this, the upcoming D800 and the good old D700. D3s is great but I dun see y not just get the latest D4.
    Actually, me too

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •