Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

  1. #41
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Really considering letting go of the Leica for this one..... easy to sell. ( get the D4 and the new Fuji X-PRO with the 3 lenses !! )

    But then again the Leica and lens maintains value... mostly.....
    Last edited by Dfive; 6th January 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  2. #42
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    HOORAY! FINALLY! heh heh heh.

    my bank account is screaming out to me~
    Your account with DBS?

  3. #43
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGdUb
    more interested in d700 replacement.
    You mean the 36MP enlarged D7000 sensor one har?

  4. #44

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    D4-exceeding limits?

  5. #45
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Quote Originally Posted by GeonSG View Post
    D4-exceeding limits?
    The limits of wallets.... YES !!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  6. #46
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeonSG
    D4-exceeding limits?
    Ken's not impressed...

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d4.htm

  7. #47
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Ken's not impressed...

    Nikon D4
    Cause he never got a free one to "test" and he prob never got enough $ to "support his growing family" .
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #48
    Member Ylesiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Well, Ken is not the one to believe blindly. He does not see the difference between D7k and D4 (and D3 then as well). That really yucks!

  9. #49

    Default

    His favourite Nikon is the D40, which, of course is an excellent camera, esp for a person of krw's stature.

  10. #50

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Almost went to buy the D700 after this announcement, and then I saw this:
    Nikon D800 in February? | Nikon Rumors

    Been following the comments on the NR site, and a Feb release seems highly likely!
    check out this photo: http://i.imgur.com/ZPpNA.jpg
    They definitely look like D4 • D3x • D300s • D800 • D700

    Guess I'll wait til Feb before I purchase
    "The only bad thing about this lens is that it's not in my camera bag."

  11. #51

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    I was waiting for D800, then looked at the supposed spec and saw 36MP, and now I am thinking seriously thinking about getting D700, new or used. 36MP is too much for me, won't need to MP for blowups, but would like to have the low noise capabilities of D700/D3/D3s, or D4, heaven forbids.

  12. #52

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Quote Originally Posted by Foress View Post
    Almost went to buy the D700 after this announcement, and then I saw this:
    Nikon D800 in February? | Nikon Rumors

    Been following the comments on the NR site, and a Feb release seems highly likely!
    check out this photo: http://i.imgur.com/ZPpNA.jpg
    They definitely look like D4 • D3x • D300s • D800 • D700

    Guess I'll wait til Feb before I purchase
    Good to wait for a month if you are not urge to get FX cam..

  13. #53

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Nikon D4 Hands-on Preview

    by Shawn Barnett, Mike Tomkins, Dave Etchells, and Zig Weidelich
    Nikon D4 Camera - Hands-On Preview

  14. #54

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G


  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Thank you Lekima for all the latest updates to the long awaited camera. I think I'm falling in love with this camera
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  16. #56

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    I was waiting for D800, then looked at the supposed spec and saw 36MP, and now I am thinking seriously thinking about getting D700, new or used. 36MP is too much for me, won't need to MP for blowups, but would like to have the low noise capabilities of D700/D3/D3s, or D4, heaven forbids.
    ??? If the D800 is 36MP, ie enlarged version of D7000, it will have at least on par low light capability to D700 if not better.

    This is maths.... since the D7000 and D700 sensor is well documented.

  17. #57

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    ??? If the D800 is 36MP, ie enlarged version of D7000, it will have at least on par low light capability to D700 if not better.

    This is maths.... since the D7000 and D700 sensor is well documented.
    Really, what math? D4's noise is said to be 1 stop better than D3s, and D3s is roughly 1 stop better than D700, don't know how many stops better than D3x. And D800 at 36MP is going to be more densely packed than D3x. If D800 is going to be better than D700 say by 1 stop then it will definitely going to eat into the sales of D4 as the pixel density is so much higher than the 14MP of D4 and loss of 1 stop in noise performance... I don't believe it.

    Anyway, if D800 is simply an enlarged D7000 (i.e. take the same sensor at FX size), then the noise performance would be on par with D7000. Thom Hogan said "the D7000 is not down to D3/D700 noise levels, let alone D3s noise levels. Nevertheless, it reaches unmatched levels for a crop sensor." You may not agree with Thom Hogan, but that is your math.

    If D800 is a 36MP beast, it's noise performance is going to be worse than D700, period. Besides, I have to replace my laptop as well, and add HD space.

    My hope was the D800 was to take the D3s sensor.

    So given the current price-performance situation, my best bet (if D800 is a 36MP beast) is probably still a D700, or a used D3.
    Last edited by diediealsomustdive; 7th January 2012 at 04:55 PM.

  18. #58
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive

    Thom Hogan said "the D7000 is not down to D3/D700 noise levels, let alone D3s noise levels. Nevertheless, it reaches unmatched levels for a crop sensor." You may not agree with Thom Hogan, but that is your math.
    This I absolutely agree. My old D90 cannot make it most of the time at ISO 1600. Now my D7000 usually gives me pretty decent pictures (esp. with PP de-noise) at ISO 1600. But the other day, I went head on with my friend and his D700 at ISO 1600. Sharpest - no fight, I use a cheap Tammy and him the 24-70mm f2.8. But even for noise, I had to surrender. His was very clearly cleaner.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    This I absolutely agree. My old D90 cannot make it most of the time at ISO 1600. Now my D7000 usually gives me pretty decent pictures (esp. with PP de-noise) at ISO 1600. But the other day, I went head on with my friend and his D700 at ISO 1600. Sharpest - no fight, I use a cheap Tammy and him the 24-70mm f2.8. But even for noise, I had to surrender. His was very clearly cleaner.
    The FX sensor will beat all cropped sensor hands down. Wait till u compare ISO 3200 on D700 to ISO 800 on D90. It was a jaw dropping experience.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  20. #60

    Default Re: 6/1/2012: Nikon D4 and AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

    Uncompressed HD output through HDMI! This is sooo obviously aimed at Canon's DSLR video market.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •