Thread: *** Need Advice on Sony Nex 5 ****

Default *** Need Advice on Sony Nex 5 ****

Hi Bros & Sis,

Im kinda new to club snap and photography.
    However i have got hold of the Nex 5 quite sometime back and only somehow had the time to meddle with it.

On my last trip to Japan,I realized with the given 18-55mm, i was having some difficulty getting good shots of far scenery + people with wide background. (Everything looks kinda small, the manual zooming did not really help, probably using the wrong technique )
    Eg: people in front, mountain behind and everything looks small. I had to really position myself real far and low to get the full scene.

I need some advice or suggestions on which type of telephoto lens should i get, will that help ?

Am considering DT 55 - 200mm lens which would fulfill my needs i supposed.
    That said i will have to get the LA-EA1 mount adapter right ?

Thank You

Default Re: *** Need Advice on Sony Nex 5 ****

Quote Originally Posted by eushe View Post
    Hi Bros & Sis,

Im kinda new to club snap and photography.
    However i have got hold of the Nex 5 quite sometime back and only somehow had the time to meddle with it.

On my last trip to Japan,I realized with the given 18-55mm, i was having some difficulty getting good shots of far scenery + people with wide background. (Everything looks kinda small, the manual zooming did not really help, probably using the wrong technique )
    Eg: people in front, mountain behind and everything looks small. I had to really position myself real far and low to get the full scene.

I need some advice or suggestions on which type of telephoto lens should i get, will that help ?

Thank You
    What you mention is landscape photography, am I right. Would be nice if you attach a photo or two for us to better see.

one thing for sure is that it is really difficult to get the entire mountain range and people into one frame without having them look small... I mean mountain is massive, human being is small compared to the mountain, of course it is not possible to put both subject into one frame and have them both look 'large'

As for telephoto lens... yes you can shoot 'closer' to the human subject then you actually was, but you cannot put the entire mountain range in the picture. Learn something about isolating your subjects, see what you really want and the others are just background and foreground. Don't be greedy to get entire scene into your frame... unless you are shooting UWA.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Default Re: *** Need Advice on Sony Nex 5 ****

Quote Originally Posted by eushe View Post

Thank You
    Why not get the e-mount 55-200, or 18-200?
    Alpha