Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Visiting KOREA. Electrical Concerns.. Do help.

  1. #1

    Default Visiting KOREA. Electrical Concerns.. Do help.

    Hie Guys,

    I'll be visiting Korea this Sunday. ANd then I realise there may be incompatibility with the electricity and our products. For those who visited Korea, is there a concern at all ?

    I checked the net, and Korea seems to have 220v 50 hz while Singapore has 230v 50 hz I think. Do I need to buy a fancy sine wave transformer or something ? And what other countries do korea share their plug/pin pattern with ?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hie Guys,

    I checked the net, and Korea seems to have 220v 50 hz while Singapore has 230v 50 hz I think. Do I need to buy a fancy sine wave transformer or something ? And what other countries do korea share their plug/pin pattern with ?

    Thanks.
    check out this site

    http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

    South Korea uses type C/F plugs. Two round pins.

    as for 220v, most device in Singapore supports 220v-240v. As for Camera Batt charger, Mobile Phone charger, Notebook chargers, they usually supports 120v-240v.

    Just check the power adaptor, usually its written on the adaptor for the voltage requirements.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hie Guys,

    I'll be visiting Korea this Sunday. ANd then I realise there may be incompatibility with the electricity and our products. For those who visited Korea, is there a concern at all ?

    I checked the net, and Korea seems to have 220v 50 hz while Singapore has 230v 50 hz I think. Do I need to buy a fancy sine wave transformer or something ? And what other countries do korea share their plug/pin pattern with ?

    Thanks.
    Hello,

    I just visited Korea in June this year with my Olympus cam, and frankly speaking I just brought along a 2-pin converter plug... think there are different kinds available in market, my friend told me just to buy the round one (not the square one)

    Hope it helps...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Western Reaches
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I just plugged in my 2-pin and charged as normal... My friend who has been living there told me no problems.

  5. #5

    Default

    Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?
    should not be a problem, if it's 110/120v like Japan or US, you will need a transformer

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default No Worries mate....

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?
    Hi Marc...

    Dont Worry, 220V is still works fine. I ahev been in and out for the past years and have no issue with chargers and so forth.

    rgds,
    sulhan

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?
    should not be a problem...

  9. #9

    Default

    Ok, thanks Guys. I appreciate it.

    Do not post anymore unless you have something to add alright ?

    Feel bad being bumped up all the time . Cheers.

  10. #10

    Default

    nah, there won't be problems.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •