Thread: Visiting KOREA. Electrical Concerns.. Do help.

Default Visiting KOREA. Electrical Concerns.. Do help.

Hie Guys,

I'll be visiting Korea this Sunday. ANd then I realise there may be incompatibility with the electricity and our products. For those who visited Korea, is there a concern at all ?

I checked the net, and Korea seems to have 220v 50 hz while Singapore has 230v 50 hz I think. Do I need to buy a fancy sine wave transformer or something ? And what other countries do korea share their plug/pin pattern with ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Hie Guys,

I checked the net, and Korea seems to have 220v 50 hz while Singapore has 230v 50 hz I think. Do I need to buy a fancy sine wave transformer or something ? And what other countries do korea share their plug/pin pattern with ?

Thanks.
    check out this site

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

South Korea uses type C/F plugs. Two round pins.

as for 220v, most device in Singapore supports 220v-240v. As for Camera Batt charger, Mobile Phone charger, Notebook chargers, they usually supports 120v-240v.

Just check the power adaptor, usually its written on the adaptor for the voltage requirements.

Hie Guys,

I'll be visiting Korea this Sunday. ANd then I realise there may be incompatibility with the electricity and our products. For those who visited Korea, is there a concern at all ?

Thanks.
    Hello,

I just visited Korea in June this year with my Olympus cam, and frankly speaking I just brought along a 2-pin converter plug... think there are different kinds available in market, my friend told me just to buy the round one (not the square one)

Hope it helps...

I just plugged in my 2-pin and charged as normal... My friend who has been living there told me no problems.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?

Hi, thanks for your replies. I realised...... indeed, some adaptors or chargers have a range of voltage u can use. However, my GP chargers strictly states 230v 50hz . Can I still use it at 220v ?
    should not be a problem, if it's 110/120v like Japan or US, you will need a transformer

Default No Worries mate....

Hi Marc...

Dont Worry, 220V is still works fine. I ahev been in and out for the past years and have no issue with chargers and so forth.

rgds,
    sulhan

should not be a problem...

Ok, thanks Guys. I appreciate it.

Do not post anymore unless you have something to add alright ?

Feel bad being bumped up all the time . Cheers.

nah, there won't be problems.