Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: car rental for new drivers? any lobang?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default car rental for new drivers? any lobang?

    Hi fellow clubsnappers,
    just wondering ..is there any place where new class 3 drivers can rent cars from..checked with a few companies and they only allow holders of more than 1 or 2 years to rent their vehicles....
    just another wonder, if these new drivers dun pratice driving for more than 1 or 2 years, by the time they can rent vehicles, wun they be more dangerous on the roads? just my 2 cents thoughts......

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    474

    Default

    aiya.....take heed of famous saying...

    BUY BUY BUY

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    aiya.....take heed of famous saying...

    BUY BUY BUY
    wah lao..i post here also you can find me....... no money to buy buy buy...

  4. #4

    Default

    just pass, not much rental car company willingly to rent to you.
    too much risk. minimum for car rental is 2years experience, lucky
    if you can find one year experience requirement.

    you have to find owners who's willingly to rent.

    if u ask someone to rent for you,
    n u drive. its illegal. kenna wack or accident.
    its all from your pocket. (regardless u rite or wrong)
    u pay for the damages for the rented car, n you pay for the person who bang u.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    474

    Default

    NS, in yr case, better to get a good 2nd car...preferably 1000cc, easy to drive...and boost yr confidence level. The used car market is extremely bad so I'm sure u can get a good deal.....some may even allow u to drive away without down-payment.
    Pop by Automega-mart.....take yr time to select one or better still, buy from a friend/colleague.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    thanks for all the advices....have to do shopping and homework....sigh....buy buy buy again.....

  7. #7
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    New driver, almost sure to knock the car around, like bumper car.

    I suggest to buy a car that is about to scrap so that even if you drive it like a bumber car, it is okay.

    FYI my first car, the piller knock into me in about 2 weeks.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    New driver, almost sure to knock the car around, like bumper car.

    I suggest to buy a car that is about to scrap so that even if you drive it like a bumber car, it is okay.

    FYI my first car, the piller knock into me in about 2 weeks.
    i also wan to find leh....but i guess i will still drive like a nerd until i get my WRX......hehehe

  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    i also wan to find leh....but i guess i will still drive like a nerd until i get my WRX......hehehe
    When you get your WRX let me know
    and I will give way to you all the time.

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    When you get your WRX let me know
    and I will give way to you all the time.

    Cheers
    ok...thanks...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    there is a car rental company beside mcdonald after the dieppe barrack(1st guard) in yishun that rent cars to new license driver..

    i rented a wira from them in 1998,should be still around..

    forget the name of the company liao..

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    there is a car rental company beside mcdonald after the dieppe barrack(1st guard) in yishun that rent cars to new license driver..

    i rented a wira from them in 1998,should be still around..

    forget the name of the company liao..

    Should be closed liao bcos they spent too much on repair after renting to too many new drivers

  13. #13

    Default

    join the share a car program? i heard its only $30 per yr membership n pay a small amt whenever u use... the rate is cheaper than cab.... but not as convenient as cab.... tsk tsk...and also limited pickup n drop off point

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    already join a car sharing company......just crossing fingers for them to approve me then.......shoot shoot shoot.....

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Hi fellow clubsnappers,
    just wondering ..is there any place where new class 3 drivers can rent cars from..checked with a few companies and they only allow holders of more than 1 or 2 years to rent their vehicles....
    just another wonder, if these new drivers dun pratice driving for more than 1 or 2 years, by the time they can rent vehicles, wun they be more dangerous on the roads? just my 2 cents thoughts......
    BUY BUY BUY

    mai tu liao
    Last edited by digipat2003; 24th November 2004 at 08:32 AM.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    already join a car sharing company......just crossing fingers for them to approve me then.......shoot shoot shoot.....
    remember to buy insurance b4 sitting in his car

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    474

    Default

    better insure yrself heavily. This new driver highly prone to distraction....
    his eyes always zoom in on eye-candies...

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    better insure yrself heavily. This new driver highly prone to distraction....
    his eyes always zoom in on eye-candies...
    ya lor ya lor

  19. #19

    Default

    Try www.hondadiracc.com.sg and www.cityspeed.com.sg.

    these are the car sharing program, sometime they might have promotion and
    you get to join at a low registration fee.

    I am member of above both!

    gary.

  20. #20

    Default

    Yes confirmed, Honda Direct (www.hondadiracc.com.sg) cater to new drivers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •