Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

ask the bros here, for photo editing, u guys r using CS5 or lightroom? any lobangs for lightroom like student price or something like that? thxs.

take note that you are not allowed to do commercial jobs using student license software. You may want to consider this point if you intend to 'sell' your work.

hi bro, thxs for the advice. unfortunately, i'm not keen going into commercial jobs. more of a hobbyist or just an enthusiast phototaker.....just contented for my self achievement and collection. freezing time n keeping them as my own memoirs....haha...

do u hv any take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    take note that you are not allowed to do commercial jobs using student license software. You may want to consider this point if you intend to 'sell' your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Konspire
    thxs for the info and tips. i am still familiarising with the settings to prepare to go manual. it seems that after u r used to it, somehow i felt that you become a light meter built in and also to suit the composition that we want to have as well as control the ambience of the picture.

i also realised that playing with the ISO gives us different kinds of results......best...
    Hi guys does anyone know abt tis Nissin Di622 Mark II Flash or any use tis I'm using d5100 intend to get a flash . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

Hi guys does anyone know abt tis Nissin Di622 Mark II Flash or any use tis I'm using d5100 intend to get a flash . Thanks
    Also Nissin Di 866 Mark II Flash

don't know about that flash bro. some bros said the 866 is good, some says 622 is also good enough n some swears by sb700 or sb900. for me, i purchased a third party speedlight (can't remember what brand) to familiarise with playing the flashes. costs around $120 i think. so far can cater to my practices needs la until i learn how to control the lights luminance......

maybe the bros here can help you....

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post

i think sgcamerastore still have them for CNY prices. check them out. buy one to play with?
    I've got a sb700 but am still learning so my advice can't help much...

backread on page 9 of this forum. it might answer some of your questions.

ask u guys regarding SB700. i saw my fren canon flash, he can control manually the brightness or flash of the flash light to be stronger or lighter. so we can control to not be too bright on the subject, can we do that on SB700? thxs.

You can do that in almost all flash (except for some that only available in TTL mode). It's call the M mode. Which allows you to adjust flash power based on it's full power. Ranging from Full power to 1/128 (or 64) of its full power.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

thxs.....that's what i'm looking at now......now to survey the sb700......hhmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    You can do that in almost all flash (except for some that only available in TTL mode). It's call the M mode. Which allows you to adjust flash power based on it's full power. Ranging from Full power to 1/128 (or 64) of its full power.

Hmm... For SB700 , even in TTL mode, you can power down the flash power by reducing the EV on the flash. This would also reduce the flash output power. There are still a lot more ways but i did not venture in more to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno

Hmm... For SB700 , even in TTL mode, you can power down the flash power by reducing the EV on the flash. This would also reduce the flash output power. There are still a lot more ways but i did not venture in more to test.
    Of cos, I'm just answering the question directly. Showing him SB-700 can do exactly what other manual flash is doing.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Yes bros. i got the picture. Now its up to me to get it n fiddle with it.....thxs for the advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Konspire
    thxs.....that's what i'm looking at now......now to survey the sb700......hhmmm......
    So bro u know where to get the SB700 at Gd price right ...heeee.:..

So bro u know where to get the SB700 at Gd price right ...heeee.:..
    Haha...yes, of cos.

Of cos, I'm just answering the question directly. Showing him SB-700 can do exactly what other manual flash is doing.
    oooh.... hehehe

I bought Nissin Di866 Mark II before CNY and used it on the trip during CNY. Pretty impressed, however, I'm still learning how to use it correctly.

Nissin Di866 Mark II is menu type and you have to dig into menu here and there to browse through the functions.
    Nissin Di622 Mark II is straight forward button type and I like it either cuz I tried during my trip as one of my friends were using that as well.

According to reviews, Di866 is par with SB900. I have never used SB series. As beginner, I don't know how differ. I will share with you all what my pro-photographer friend suggested when I asked for his suggestion.

"Nissin is quite OK. It's not excellent. But, it's worth it with the money you pay. Yes, for an amateur, SB 900 is too expensive. But, when you buy any speedlight, make sure it supports your camera's TTL mode. Ask the shop or Google it whether it supports TTL."

I replied with long post but, somehow it didn't appear. Anyway, I'll cut it short.
    Nissin Di622 Mark II is button base speedlight.
    Nissin Di866 Mark II is kind of menu base speedlight. You need to dig into menu to browse functions.

I myself got Di866 Mark II before CNY and happy about it so far.

ok, talking about that, posting a question here between Di866 MII and sb900. The price are quite a big difference which is favourable towards Di866 MII and it is contending towards SB900.

My question is, for the experts here, i need advices here, is it worth getting the Di866 MII or the SB700? Thxs for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by danielwinn View Post
    I replied with long post but, somehow it didn't appear. Anyway, I'll cut it short.
    Nissin Di622 Mark II is button base speedlight.
    Nissin Di866 Mark II is kind of menu base speedlight. You need to dig into menu to browse functions.

I myself got Di866 Mark II before CNY and happy about it so far.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast