Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

True. But while using the kit lens im able to get 80% of my shots of kids and random street people walking without blury. So the Nikkor should be able to perform much better than the Kit right? However, in terms of focusing speed and accuracy between tamron and nikkor, tamron will win in terms of specs right?

i'm having 10-20mm sigma, good IQ lens n AF is acceptable speed but heavy for a walkaround, anyway, it's not good for street photo cos u need to be very near to the subject. another one is tamron 90mm, good IQ but AF speed a bit slow, probably due to it is a macro lens but light...

nikkor....no need to say, the price tells it all...

Check out slrgear website. They have reviews for both lenses and the Nikon 16-85mm is a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Gribber View Post
    the review like kinda bad for the price tag.
    technogadgets only selling it for $576
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by lewissac

Thanks for the advice! Now I can safely purchase it. Hehe.

Btw, Tianya's filter set is jus additional $30 from the usual Hercules $68.
    U got ur filter already? I oso lookin for filter. Got sample pics to share?

i bought the hercules filter set. their GSS promo got $60 instead or usual price $68. haven't get the chance to use it yet but the packing r good with hard case n all. u can see the set from their website. basic set but enough to start with.

i have just bought a sirui carbon fibre tripod not long ago, anyone knows whether the legs of the tripod can be put in seawater anot ah?

Quote Originally Posted by -star- View Post
    i have just bought a sirui carbon fibre tripod not long ago, anyone knows whether the legs of the tripod can be put in seawater anot ah?
    Better not to take the risk or the metal may corrode over time. Use plastic to wrap the legs. Best are those thin and long plastic bags that shopping malls give out for putting wet umbrellas. Very useful for protecting tripod legs.

Quote Originally Posted by mds80 View Post
    Better not to take the risk or the metal may corrode over time. Use plastic to wrap the legs. Best are those thin and long plastic bags that shopping malls give out for putting wet umbrellas. Very useful for protecting tripod legs.
    ok thank u for the info

Thought he has CF legs? The spike at the ends will still be metal though.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

good idea....time to request for some umbrella plastic cover donation drive....hahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by mds80

I used to use these umbrella sleeves. But too troublesome.

I have been sticking my aluminium tripod in sea water, and everything is fine so fat. As long as proper maintenance is done, I don't see any problem.

Having said the above, please remember to use the bottom 5 inch of the last section when sticking your tripod in the sand. If sand gets into the groove, then you will have a hard time clearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    I used to use these umbrella sleeves. But too troublesome.

I have been sticking my aluminium tripod in sea water, and everything is fine so fat. As long as proper maintenance is done, I don't see any problem.

Having said the above, please remember to use the bottom 5 inch of the last section when sticking your tripod in the sand. If sand gets into the groove, then you will have a hard time clearing them.
    How do you guys usually clean the tripod after use? just wipe with a cloth?

just use clean water to wash off if you happen to shoot in sea water. Usually i would just use a wet cloth to clean my tripod after use.

wondering which wide angle lens some of u are using for landscape? any recommendation? on budget though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capricornian
    wondering which wide angle lens some of u are using for landscape? any recommendation? on budget though.
    I'm using a Tokina 11-16 and I'm loving it haha

Hi guys I wanna ask for the led light beside the shutter release button , is it everytime when I half clicked the shutter button it will flashes? Cos I notice this recently but last time like didn't flash when I half press the shutter..I wondering is it my setting problem?

Quote Originally Posted by -star- View Post
    Hi guys I wanna ask for the led light beside the shutter release button , is it everytime when I half clicked the shutter button it will flashes? Cos I notice this recently but last time like didn't flash when I half press the shutter..I wondering is it my setting problem?
    that's the AF Assist lamp. Helps the camera to focus. You can turn it off under your menus.

Yup it's the AF light and it usually only lights up in darker places to help the camera focus.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

I'm using a Tokina 11-16 and I'm loving it haha
    I m not used to manual focus yet. mayb when I get d7000. wondering sigma 10-20 performance.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast