Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 905

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

  1. #641

    Default

    Eh,

    1)8Gb SD Card
    2)16 SDHC Card
    3) Mini Dry Box
    4) Tripod
    6)Cleaning Kit
    7)SD Card Reader
    8) Manfrotto Agile Sling Camera bag

    Should be all.. The best freebie is the Manfrotto Camera Bag... Sibei awesome! Lol

  2. #642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pooh83
    Eh,

    1)8Gb SD Card
    2)16 SDHC Card
    3) Mini Dry Box
    4) Tripod
    6)Cleaning Kit
    7)SD Card Reader
    8) Manfrotto Agile Sling Camera bag

    Should be all.. The best freebie is the Manfrotto Camera Bag... Sibei awesome! Lol
    Dump the dry box and get ur self a cabinet instead. Saves you the trouble of changing silica gel every week.

  3. #643

    Default

    Hi bro Skim milk,

    Thanks for the advise..

    What other things do I need to know n take note? I am a total noob in photography as well as maintenance

  4. #644

    Default

    For a start like me, i read up magazines from digital photography. I find it useful as it can answer all the qns n functions u hv n those u going to hv. From basic understanding of ur dslr, for all brands, to specializing in macros, potrait, landscape etc. i find it helpful n they throw in a white n grey WB card. They give guides n tips as well. Try them.

  5. #645

    Default

    Hello, can anyone let me know if it is possible to buy the D5100 body alone in Singapore? Thanks in advance.

  6. #646

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by mindeyes View Post
    Hello, can anyone let me know if it is possible to buy the D5100 body alone in Singapore? Thanks in advance.
    Don't think so.

    You can either get the kit lens and sell it at BnS

  7. #647

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Hi nicorn - thanks for the information. Looks like may have to order from Digitalrev (they seem to sell the body alone on their website).

    Another question I need help with: I currently have the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED (I bought it for use with my NEX-5N with an adapter). Can anyone let me know if this lens is compatible with the D5100? On the DPreview (Nikon D5100 In-depth Review: Digital Photography Review), they indicate that the D5100 for "Other Type G or D AF Nikkor - All functions supported except autofocus" and for the "AF-S, AF-I - All functions supported". Can anyone confirm that the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED can autofocus on the D5100? Many thanks in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    Don't think so.

    You can either get the kit lens and sell it at BnS

  8. #648

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by mindeyes View Post
    Hi nicorn - thanks for the information. Looks like may have to order from Digitalrev (they seem to sell the body alone on their website).

    Another question I need help with: I currently have the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED (I bought it for use with my NEX-5N with an adapter). Can anyone let me know if this lens is compatible with the D5100? On the DPreview (Nikon D5100 In-depth Review: Digital Photography Review), they indicate that the D5100 for "Other Type G or D AF Nikkor - All functions supported except autofocus" and for the "AF-S, AF-I - All functions supported". Can anyone confirm that the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED can autofocus on the D5100? Many thanks in advance.
    yes any af-s lens can af on your d5100

  9. #649

    Default

    That's great. Many thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

  10. #650

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by pooh83 View Post
    Hi bro Skim milk,

    Thanks for the advise..

    What other things do I need to know n take note? I am a total noob in photography as well as maintenance
    read up here
    i bought magazines when i first started out. very good for newbies, but after awhile, you find that the info gets repetitive...

  11. #651
    Member eRman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mindeyes
    Hi nicorn - thanks for the information. Looks like may have to order from Digitalrev (they seem to sell the body alone on their website).

    Another question I need help with: I currently have the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED (I bought it for use with my NEX-5N with an adapter). Can anyone let me know if this lens is compatible with the D5100? On the DPreview (Nikon D5100 In-depth Review: Digital Photography Review), they indicate that the D5100 for "Other Type G or D AF Nikkor - All functions supported except autofocus" and for the "AF-S, AF-I - All functions supported". Can anyone confirm that the AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED can autofocus on the D5100? Many thanks in advance.
    DigitalRev?? Kai the host is very original.haha. Maybe u can try BNS if thers anyone that sells body only. Or u can try iphoto@luckyplaza or a few shops arnd funan or even penisula. Sometime u hav to survey for the price that suits u. Make a comparison between the pros n cons. I doubt warranty is valid in sg if u goin to get it from DigitalRev.
    U can browse this magazine BDM's complete guide to digital photography. U can find it at bookstores or there is also a specific camera bookstore in funan. N i do agree that magazines often repetitive so Youtube is also quite a good learning tool too. )
    btw welcome to D5100 family!

  12. #652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tandesmond
    Hi,

    New d5100 user here. Using 18-105mm and 35mm f1.8 lens. Hope to learn more from you all!
    Sama sama... Btw, u got kit lens? Coz I compare 18-55 n 18-105 pictures the quality got different leh.

  13. #653

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakun View Post
    Sama sama... Btw, u got kit lens? Coz I compare 18-55 n 18-105 pictures the quality got different leh.
    Wait till u comapre with the 16-85mm DX... the kit lens can "throw away" as u won't be using it anymore.

  14. #654

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Is anyone using a class 4 sd card with this? How's the video performance?

    I'm actually using a class 4 micro sd with an adapter and I think the video is okay at 1080, 30fps but I haven't tried doing fast-moving scenes so I'm not sure if I would lose any frames.

  15. #655

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Just Got a 35mm 1.8g from TK today. Feels like a good lens. Abit light though.

  16. #656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinerng
    Just Got a 35mm 1.8g from TK today. Feels like a good lens. Abit light though.
    It ought to be small and light! Enjoy!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  17. #657
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by reinerng View Post
    Just Got a 35mm 1.8g from TK today. Feels like a good lens. Abit light though.
    It's a lovely lens. The only lens which I like more is the 50mm 1.8
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  18. #658

    Default

    Imo, both the 50mm and 35mm are the best lens for hobbyist. It will look less intimidating and weigh much less than the trinity lens. btw u may want to look for speedlights to complete the set for low light or off camera flash experiments. BBB virus! Hehe.

  19. #659
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by Adryan Fazly View Post
    Imo, both the 50mm and 35mm are the best lens for hobbyist. It will look less intimidating and weigh much less than the trinity lens. btw u may want to look for speedlights to complete the set for low light or off camera flash experiments. BBB virus! Hehe.
    you are evil!
    in other news, i bought my second speedlight today.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  20. #660
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

    Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    you are evil!
    in other news, i bought my second speedlight today.
    I'm contemplating if I should get my 3rd. haha..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •