Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

Hi guys, asking again, between 35mm dx 1.8g n 50mm 1.8g, which one u'll choose? Reasons? Thxs...

Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

You should give them both a try and see which one suits you better . For me I'll choose the 35mm because it gives a wider view which will be more useful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Konspire View Post
    Hi guys, asking again, between 35mm dx 1.8g n 50mm 1.8g, which one u'll choose? Reasons? Thxs...
    I cannot decide the other time so bought both.... very very seldom use like only 2 times only and now resting in dry cabinet. both are sharp on a dx as I find 16-85 dx optics also the same if shooting in bright lights same sharp thru ought zoom range f5.6 to f11

Thxs guys for the comments. R they useful as a walkabout lens?

Blog Entries

I choose 35mm,

I used both 50mm and 35mm 1.8g b4, ended use more of the 35mm.

to me 50mm is tight, 35mm just nice.

and I sold my 50mm too haha
    Last edited by luckyorange; 21st February 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Lousy de My Flickr

I'll go with the 35mm. Don't own it, but planning to get it. The 50mm is too tight for me. Tried to do street photography with it during CNY at Chinatown, end up too tight n didn't get much photos. I think the 35mm will b just nice.

Wow, gd lucky thing i asked u guys opinions. I nearly got that 50mm thinking that it will be useful when i upgrade to fx but its not like soon. Happens that mysterically the 50mm 1.8g is sold out islandwide so i got to think of sticking to 35mm dx compared to 50mm wif effective view of 75mm on d5100 which i imagine will be quite tight. I guess it will be better to think of present n get the 35mm. Thxs a lot guys......

a lot of people letting go 35mm F1.8G.... go grab...!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    a lot of people letting go 35mm F1.8G.... go grab...!
    but price not really good lei ~.~
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Konspire
    Wow, gd lucky thing i asked u guys opinions. I nearly got that 50mm thinking that it will be useful when i upgrade to fx but its not like soon. Happens that mysterically the 50mm 1.8g is sold out islandwide so i got to think of sticking to 35mm dx compared to 50mm wif effective view of 75mm on d5100 which i imagine will be quite tight. I guess it will be better to think of present n get the 35mm. Thxs a lot guys......
    It's not sold out island wide.. You just need to look for it. I tot I saw a copy of the 50mm at orient photo today but sure if it's F/1.8G or F/1.4G. When I tot the 85mm F/1.8G was sold out islandwide, I found it in the notorious Bally. I bought it at a price even cheaper at other place with cash quotes while I'm using a credit card to make payment. The key here is searching thoroughly.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

50mm f/1.4g still available...anyways, it's the expensive ones. for the 1.8g, the usual suspects shops are sold out. probably those avoided shops like bally still have like bro cowseye mentioned. noob like me usually i follow advice n stay away from those shops but again, it might be a wrong move as bro cowseye had proved. anyways, it's a blessing for me cos i got the 35mm f/1.8g which i think is much better. BnS prices for both lenses r quite weird to me cos no more warranty but still price is lowest 3/4 of the new price. saw 1 post selling the 50mm at a higher price that the new selling price which i found, oklah, quite weird. cos anyways can always wait. most likely if have in stock back i will get it as a 75mm prime on my crop factor. AMK shop told me its coming next week, the rest, dunno. challenger quote me for the f/1.4g at 800+ which i think for the diff of 0.4f i can get a 35mm n 50mm........now eyeing at raynox 250 alrdy......i think soon i siao....

To be honest, for OEM lenses, don't expect the price to drop by more than 1/3 ~ 1/4. They are good lenses and their warranty is only valued as much as an insurance paper. my opinion, a 35mm F/1.8 at $270 is already quite fair even without warranty. There are ppl who sells it like $320 for a piece but that's for them to suffer thr the time of waiting for a buyer.

As for 50mm f/1.4G, I would gladly approached the grey market if I would had known earlier.... It's much lower than street price if you dare to risk and trust their warranty.

Konspire bro, if you want to do macro, I would suggest you rent a real lens to try instead. $30 < $125. only if you like doing this, then you should save for a real macro lens. Raynox is a good piece of glass, but you need a longer telephoto lens such as 50mm or above to use it efficiently in the field (unless you only want to take product shoot such as jewelleries). The true macro shooters also uses the Raynox to produce > 1:1 magnification to achieve compound eye shoots of insects. Which are pretty amazing

hi bro. that's a good valuable advice worthy to take note of. i agree $270 is a fair price la but seldom find it.

anyways, about macro, u were saying it will be effective with a telezoom lens like 70-300mm like that? i was thinking to borrow from a fren to test if i like macros or not. the thing is, i like the picture results n was always amazed to see those creepy crawlies in full blown version where you can see all the details but again, i'm not sure i like taking those pictures or if i have the patience to take those pictures. it's a complete different thing. so i'll do a test drive to see how ist.

another thing you were saying macrophotograpers uses raynox to produce 1:1 magnification, do they use the raynox on a macro lens like a 105mm or a 300mm or the uses it with a telezoom lens? thxs to advice.

or maybe i'll also try a cheaper method first with the reverse rings....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    To be honest, for OEM lenses, don't expect the price to drop by more than 1/3 ~ 1/4. They are good lenses and their warranty is only valued as much as an insurance paper. my opinion, a 35mm F/1.8 at $270 is already quite fair even without warranty. There are ppl who sells it like $320 for a piece but that's for them to suffer thr the time of waiting for a buyer.

As for 50mm f/1.4G, I would gladly approached the grey market if I would had known earlier.... It's much lower than street price if you dare to risk and trust their warranty.

Konspire bro, if you want to do macro, I would suggest you rent a real lens to try instead. $30 < $125. only if you like doing this, then you should save for a real macro lens. Raynox is a good piece of glass, but you need a longer telephoto lens such as 50mm or above to use it efficiently in the field (unless you only want to take product shoot such as jewelleries). The true macro shooters also uses the Raynox to produce > 1:1 magnification to achieve compound eye shoots of insects. Which are pretty amazing
    Last edited by Konspire; 23rd February 2012 at 11:50 AM.

asku bros, is it advisable to keep the flashlights in the dry cabinet? does it fungus like our lenses or body? thxs.

Blog Entries

asku bros, is it advisable to keep the flashlights in the dry cabinet? does it fungus like our lenses or body? thxs.
    Hmm i just keep in the dry cabinet (got space) haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

i ran out of space. didn't forecast correctly the growth of my accessories....haiz...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Hmm i just keep in the dry cabinet (got space) haha

i ran out of space. didn't forecast correctly the growth of my accessories....haiz...
    Hahaha....bro come put some in my dry box mine got space ..

50mm f/1.4g still available...anyways, it's the expensive ones. for the 1.8g, the usual suspects shops are sold out. probably those avoided shops like bally still have like bro cowseye mentioned. noob like me usually i follow advice n stay away from those shops but again, it might be a wrong move as bro cowseye had proved. anyways, it's a blessing for me cos i got the 35mm f/1.8g which i think is much better. BnS prices for both lenses r quite weird to me cos no more warranty but still price is lowest 3/4 of the new price. saw 1 post selling the 50mm at a higher price that the new selling price which i found, oklah, quite weird. cos anyways can always wait. most likely if have in stock back i will get it as a 75mm prime on my crop factor. AMK shop told me its coming next week, the rest, dunno. challenger quote me for the f/1.4g at 800+ which i think for the diff of 0.4f i can get a 35mm n 50mm........now eyeing at raynox 250 alrdy......i think soon i siao....
    Yup I saw 50mm f1.8 G old 2 month old selling more than street's price ..300+ ...

hi bro. that's a good valuable advice worthy to take note of. i agree $270 is a fair price la but seldom find it.

anyways, about macro, u were saying it will be effective with a telezoom lens like 70-300mm like that? i was thinking to borrow from a fren to test if i like macros or not. the thing is, i like the picture results n was always amazed to see those creepy crawlies in full blown version where you can see all the details but again, i'm not sure i like taking those pictures or if i have the patience to take those pictures. it's a complete different thing. so i'll do a test drive to see how ist.

another thing you were saying macrophotograpers uses raynox to produce 1:1 magnification, do they use the raynox on a macro lens like a 105mm or a 300mm or the uses it with a telezoom lens? thxs to advice.

or maybe i'll also try a cheaper method first with the reverse rings....
    It's usable on Nikon's 70-300mm lens. It reduces the MFD from 1.5m to somewhere about 1/4 of it (I think). At the same time, it still gives you ample space between you can your insect friend not to frighten it away. If you are really not sure if you wanna take macro, it would be better to rent a macro lens to try out. Join the macro group outing. Most guys are very friendly and are willing to teach.

You will need 4 things to shoot macro: your camera, a flash, a macro lens (or equilevent macro setup lens) and a plastic disposable plate (not styrofoam). You might be wondering why the plate ^^". It's for diffusion of flash light as it would be too harsh for small tiny area.

Macrophotographer uses raynox on dedicated macro lenses (Such as 100mm macro Canon L, 105mm VR Micro Nikon nano, and some even 200mm micro F/4) to achieve beyond 1:1. It could be like 5:1 kind of magnification! At the same time, they might also use this to increase the focusing distance to achieve the same magnification like 1:1. This is more advantage again skirtish insects such as robberfly when it takes a lot of patience for them to get used to you taking photo of them. And once they do, you can attempt to get closer getting 1:1 or beyond

There's no hard and fast rule which method should you use to achieve macro photography. I was a macro shooter and I find that straight getting a macro lens to try is the fastest learning route. If you dun wish to buy one and spend a lot on it, renting one would be good
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

It's usable on Nikon's 70-300mm lens. It reduces the MFD from 1.5m to somewhere about 1/4 of it (I think). At the same time, it still gives you ample space between you can your insect friend not to frighten it away. If you are really not sure if you wanna take macro, it would be better to rent a macro lens to try out. Join the macro group outing. Most guys are very friendly and are willing to teach.

You will need 4 things to shoot macro: your camera, a flash, a macro lens (or equilevent macro setup lens) and a plastic disposable plate (not styrofoam). You might be wondering why the plate ^^". It's for diffusion of flash light as it would be too harsh for small tiny area.

Macrophotographer uses raynox on dedicated macro lenses (Such as 100mm macro Canon L, 105mm VR Micro Nikon nano, and some even 200mm micro F/4) to achieve beyond 1:1. It could be like 5:1 kind of magnification! At the same time, they might also use this to increase the focusing distance to achieve the same magnification like 1:1. This is more advantage again skirtish insects such as robberfly when it takes a lot of patience for them to get used to you taking photo of them. And once they do, you can attempt to get closer getting 1:1 or beyond

There's no hard and fast rule which method should you use to achieve macro photography. I was a macro shooter and I find that straight getting a macro lens to try is the fastest learning route. If you dun wish to buy one and spend a lot on it, renting one would be good
    Hi bro, thats again a very valuable advice n saves the time n money spent on trial n error. U r good. Keep up with ur advices cos u really earn my respect for ur knowledge sharing. I will heed ur advice. Probably will try to rent a macro lens n really see how it works. Nothing beats from hands on experience.

Eerr...can we rent the raynox as well when we rent the macro lens? Heard anything abt it? If never heard before i'll just inquire it anyways. Thxs again n again.

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast