Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

Thanks Alot bros! Shall try after the exams! Great thread growing here and find myself learning many things as well!

hehe..bro, thxs for the support, my first time helping bros here.....hope my theory stands good. anyways, just to share, my fren tried the built-in flash diffuser. the problem with it is the light still leaks so it's kind of disturbing result as well. but if i'm not wrong, the built-in flash could be control at a certain extend. some where in the manual says it all.......white cloth could do it.

but thing is, i like the photos without flash. the picture setting controls are also good to play with.......the pictures are more gentle to look n gaze at........

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    Konspire said it. ISO set higher, at least 640/800. WB try cloudy also quite nice at times. One other thing to try is diffuse your flash with a white cloth? Or get those diffusers for built in flash(this one I not sure if it's good enuff).

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk
    Konspire said it. ISO set higher, at least 640/800. WB try cloudy also quite nice at times. One other thing to try is diffuse your flash with a white cloth? Or get those diffusers for built in flash(this one I not sure if it's good enuff).
    U can bounce ur flash tat will be better or adjust ur flash compensate I took indoor portrait mostly , looks great when u bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by reinerng
    Hey bros! New here! I realise that I need a flash for indoor photography cause took some shots and when I used the in built flash is like damn strong but when I don't use is damn dark kinda not like black but shadows. Just knew that d5100 don't support ttl . Does this mean that even I mount on the hotshoe I also can't use ext. Flash or is it like I can use any flash? Thanks! Sorry for beating around the bush! Haha. Duno the technical terms!
    U go to setting n u can find flash setting to ttl on for D5100 , get a external flash like SB 700 .

bro, pls teach me how to bounce with the built-in flash?

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    U can bounce ur flash tat will be better or adjust ur flash compensate I took indoor portrait mostly , looks great when u bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Konspire
    DIY a white card n put it in front of the flash? Google it. There r some sites with guides or templates to make such 'bounce cards'.

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

U go to setting n u can find flash setting to ttl on for D5100 , get a external flash like SB 700 .
    Hmm but is it Recommended to get a ext. Flash say if I'm going into indoor very often? Kinda like a cheapo student trying to achieve amazing shots without pro gears. Haha! Poly school fees increased again!!!

to give you a good picture of flash usage, try googling strobist. the sample pics will show you the beauty of playing with light effects for your photography, indoors or outdoors.........

Quote Originally Posted by reinerng View Post
    Hmm but is it Recommended to get a ext. Flash say if I'm going into indoor very often? Kinda like a cheapo student trying to achieve amazing shots without pro gears. Haha! Poly school fees increased again!!!

Hello SB700 la ...

to give you a good picture of flash usage, try googling strobist. the sample pics will show you the beauty of playing with light effects for your photography, indoors or outdoors.........
    Hmm...u never took indoor photo before with ext flash bro it look great much more better than ur build in flash ..

Get bro have u try to take video or manage to get DOF of ur movie ?

hahaha....he mentioned built-in flash mah....then u want to bounce the built-in flash.....so i ask lor....

Hello SB700 la ...

did but not with my new SB700....yet to try but i like it without flash la...anyways, i'm learning to be independent from the flash but will use it to create some effects....still learning bro...still learning....

Hmm...u never took indoor photo before with ext flash bro it look great much more better than ur build in flash ..

yes bro, i did manage to get the DOF effect in movie mode......very nice....

Get bro have u try to take video or manage to get DOF of ur movie ?

hahaha....he mentioned built-in flash mah....then u want to bounce the built-in flash.....so i ask lor....
    Hahaha...

did but not with my new SB700....yet to try but i like it without flash la...anyways, i'm learning to be independent from the flash but will use it to create some effects....still learning bro...still learning....
    It's true bro the pro here recommen using ext flash n NIKON flash is the best of its ttl / ttl function tats no kidding .

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

It's true bro the pro here recommen using ext flash n NIKON flash is the best of its ttl / ttl function tats no kidding .
    NIKON creative lighting .

Hello!

I'm total new to DSLR and am looking at D5100 for the start..

Looking at some reviews/forums, i notice that it does not have a DOF preview button. Does it add to the disadvantages and what is the use of it (I know this question is kinda noob...)?

Quote Originally Posted by shannie89 View Post
    Hello!

Looking at some reviews/forums, i notice that it does not have a DOF preview button. Does it add to the disadvantages and what is the use of it (I know this question is kinda noob...)?
    Well.... i haven't use the DOF button for my other camera.... seriously.... personally I find it not really that useful for me... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by shannie89
    Hello!

I'm not sure how that DOF button works but if u want to preview DOF on d5100, simply use the live view....