Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 60D upgrade path to 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7
    I topped up a little & bought a brand new 60D at Alan Photo Trading just now...
    Y not 7D? The AF is better.

Default Re: 60D upgrade path to 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7 View Post
    I topped up a little & bought a brand new 60D at Alan Photo Trading just now...
    Impulse???

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Impulse???
    I believe he still thinks that his 60D is the best
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

now i noe liao...next body 5D MK III...hahaha!

no lah,jus wan to familiarise with the 60D more...Next body..Canon 5DMKIII...lol

Yup...60D is more suitable for my genre of photography lor...No point spending additional $500-$600 for a 7D now...right?My next target Canon 5DMKIII

Yup...60D is more suitable for my genre of photography lor...No point spending additional $500-$600 for a 7D now...right?My next target Canon 5DMKIII
    Aim for the 1DX

Joking lah. You are correct, explore and get more familiarize with what you have now, no need to ichy hand and keep upgrading until you are sure what your current camera cannot provide you. Then choose whether to get newer lens and equipment or upgrade a new body altogether.

Happy shooting
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Hi Bro,

Sorry dont mean to be nosy but I kinda agree with those seniors when they ask u to get 7D/5D. Getting a 60D when u just sold your 60D is like

Since you have your target set on a 5D why din u get it right away? unless u have deep pocket :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kongfu View Post
    Hi Bro,

Sorry dont mean to be nosy but I kinda agree with those seniors when they ask u to get 7D/5D. Getting a 60D when u just sold your 60D is like

Since you have your target set on a 5D why din u get it right away? unless u have deep pocket :P
    I think he has a gold mine behind his house in his backyard
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Well... in TS defence, I think 60D is a capable system in its own right. And if it suits TS, then by all means, he should get one back (which he had wrongfully sold away in the first place). 7D might be too heavy for his liking after all... and the vari-LCD is a very useful system for many types of genre of photography.

So there really is nothing wrong with getting back a 60D... and as he/she might be upgrading to a 5DmkIII in the near future, it is also alright to get a cheaper body, play with it, familiarise with all the functions, improve his/her photography techniques and the such before upgrading to the FF body.

Who knows... he might even forgo the 5DmkIII and bite the bullet to get a 1D
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Well... in TS defence, I think 60D is a capable system in its own right. And if it suits TS, then by all means, he should get one back (which he had wrongfully sold away in the first place). 7D might be too heavy for his liking after all... and the vari-LCD is a very useful system for many types of genre of photography.

So there really is nothing wrong with getting back a 60D... and as he/she might be upgrading to a 5DmkIII in the near future, it is also alright to get a cheaper body, play with it, familiarise with all the functions, improve his/her photography techniques and the such before upgrading to the FF body.

5DmkIII will be out soon lo...

Quote Originally Posted by rvf79 View Post
    5DmkIII will be out soon lo...
    Yeah? It is rumour... although can be accurate at times. Plus who can give a concrete time where the 5DmkIII is coming out... even if it is around June or December this year. So basically no point getting a 7D now if TS might be changing to this FF camera. He might like to play with the 60D first, get his skills and techniques up, then change... or maybe by then, he might not want to change anymore depending on what is the spec of the 5DmkIII (which might not be what he wanted)
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

or maybe he give up photography.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123