Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Harkamals

S$ 326 bro
    Very good price. Heard many raving reviews on this lens. I will get one soon too
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

Default Re: D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Just Wondering where do u guys normally get ur stuff from? things like battery, battery grip, memory cards(gd pricing) from ? SLRR ? AP ? CP ?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix23x
    Just Wondering where do u guys normally get ur stuff from? things like battery, battery grip, memory cards(gd pricing) from ? SLRR ? AP ? CP ?
    Some of us have our preferred stores, where we may purportedly get superior prices / service.

Others hunt around for the best bargain.

You seem to know some of the preferred stores frequented by fellow CSers. There is no clear winner though.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

So far I found Alan Photo to be most courteous, followed by Bally and Cathay.

SLRR - the gentlemen is nice, the chinese lady in that store has attitude, made me feel as I am a wanderer. Anyway, they had the best price for 35mm on that day. 4$ less than Bally :-/

For memory cards u can try best bargain. Haha. It's a store at the 4th(?) floor of sim lim square. They sell grey sets but have the best prices and will honour their shop warranty.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

For memory cards u can try best bargain. Haha. It's a store at the 4th(?) floor of sim lim square. They sell grey sets but have the best prices and will honour their shop warranty.
    Any price idea on Sandisk 16gb extreme pro ?

Any price idea on Sandisk 16gb extreme pro ?
    Just bought a 32Gb Extreme Pro at 4th floor of Funan last weekend - $149.90. Can't remember the 16gb one how much - $80 may be.

Do note that they are two versions of the same card - 45Mbs and 90Mbs. Both on sale at Funan. So be alert.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Just bought a 32Gb Extreme Pro at 4th floor of Funan last weekend - $149.90. Can't remember the 16gb one how much - $80 may be.

Do note that they are two versions of the same card - 45Mbs and 90Mbs. Both on sale at Funan. So be alert.
    To add: it is really worth it! HUGE difference when shooting continuous.

I bought sandisk extreme HD video 30mb/s 8gb for only $16
    My Flickr

Yeah i can feel the difference when compared to my old blue coloured card. The class 4 one.
    My Flickr

Haha worth it only if you shoot continuous. For me, I feel a class 4 is enough for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Some of us have our preferred stores, where we may purportedly get superior prices / service.
    Others hunt around for the best bargain.
    You seem to know some of the preferred stores frequented by fellow CSers. There is no clear winner though.
    Yup theres no clear winner i guess, haha i been hanging ard and reading hehe even read up this thread from page 1 for Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Harkamals View Post
    So far I found Alan Photo to be most courteous, followed by Bally and Cathay.
    SLRR - the gentlemen is nice, the chinese lady in that store has attitude, made me feel as I am a wanderer. Anyway, they had the best price for 35mm on that day. 4$ less than Bally :-/
    Apparently the chinese lady serve me today haha shes still ok i guess not tat bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Thks bro but i jus bought mine today

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Yup its 80-81 tats the best price i recce from the few camera shops at there today ~ but in the end i didnt get the Extreme Pro, jus felt that enough speed to cater will be nice enough~ at least now i have a 2nd card as backup

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha worth it only if you shoot continuous. For me, I feel a class 4 is enough for my needs.
    yup i agree but having the card to cater ur needs will help u save quite abit of money too ~ maybe in future will upgrade if theres a need.

Yup its 80-81 tats the best price i recce from the few camera shops at there today ~ but in the end i didnt get the Extreme Pro, jus felt that enough speed to cater will be nice enough~ at least now i have a 2nd card as backup

yup i agree but having the card to cater ur needs will help u save quite abit of money too ~ maybe in future will upgrade if theres a need.
    With the d7k, a higher speed means you need larger capacity or you won't be able to shoot much haha
    My Flickr

Another newbee question:
    Before shooting, how can I know the meter reading to judge if picture will be over/under exposed.
    The exposure meter i see in viewfinder is at -+0 value and changes value if I rotate mail dial to my chosen setting. But I don't know if there's a realtime view to read meter mind.

Thanks

Another newbee question:
    Before shooting, how can I know the meter reading to judge if picture will be over/under exposed.
    The exposure meter i see in viewfinder is at -+0 value and changes value if I rotate mail dial to my chosen setting. But I don't know if there's a realtime view to read meter mind.

Thanks
    U can see the meter inside the viewfinder just below the image. The image is correctly exposed only at the 0 mark
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

Offer for memory cards from Groupon..
    http://www.groupon.sg/deals/shopping...92&a=715828071

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

U can see the meter inside the viewfinder just below the image. The image is correctly exposed only at the 0 mark
    Yes I see the meter is at 0, always - is this ok ?

Yes I see the meter is at 0, always - is this ok ?
    What mode you using? Auto or P or A or S or M?

What mode you using? Auto or P or A or S or M?
    Aperture mode.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast