Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Default Re: D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by tweisong View Post
    Ended up with a 18-55mm and going to get a 50mm 1.8g tomorrow.
    Excellent choices. 18-55 should be more than enough for most zoom needs. Actually I'd recommend a 35mm 1.8 instead of the 50mm because the 35mm (roughly) corresponds to what your eye sees. I.e. you won't get any surprisingly wide or narrow angles to your view. IMO the 50mm is a bit zoomed in (unless of course your D7K got FF sensor. )

I shoot with my 35mm 90+% of the time.

Anyway try both at the store and see which one suits you better.
    Last edited by pbear1973; 7th February 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Stuff I'm reasonably proud of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctky1973/

Quote Originally Posted by pbear1973 View Post
    Excellent choices. 18-55 should be more than enough for most zoom needs. Actually I'd recommend a 35mm 1.8 instead of the 50mm because the 35mm (roughly) corresponds to what your eye sees. I.e. you won't get any surprisingly wide or narrow angles to your view. IMO the 50mm is a bit zoomed in (unless of course your D7K got FF sensor. )

I shoot with my 35mm 90+% of the time.

Anyway try both at the store and see which one suits you better.
    but 35mm is out of my budget already. haha. still got some more stuffs to get especially dry cabinet.

save up a bit first then get? my 50mm is hardly used cos it's too tight...
    Now I'm considering getting the 24 or 35mm....

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    but now not working only can make do with the available budget plus 1 more month going to bkk already, need a prime lens.

Quote Originally Posted by tweisong

but now not working only can make do with the available budget plus 1 more month going to bkk already, need a prime lens.
    How about renting the lens for some days instead? If the cost of rental compared to purchase is logical then go ahead and rent. But sometimes the only answer the some problems are "that's just too bad"

worst comes to worst will be. 50mm not suitable then BNS and find 35mm.

does anyone knows how the center weighted function works? ranging from 6mm-13mm and average?

Got my 50mm. Am liking it.

Congrats! It's a nice lens with very nice bokeh. You can consider the 35mm later on.

Hi friends I bought D7000 last December2011. untill 3 days back work fine. suddenly sd card not recognized(free given no brand). Today I bought New Sandisk 16GB class 10 card. Still card cannot recognize. Once I on camera canot turn OFF (Switch in off Mode but LCD always ON). Please help to solve the proble.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gold46 View Post
    Hi friends I bought D7000 last December2011. untill 3 days back work fine. suddenly sd card not recognized(free given no brand). Today I bought New Sandisk 16GB class 10 card. Still card cannot recognize. Once I on camera canot turn OFF (Switch in off Mode but LCD always ON). Please help to solve the proble.
    Thanks
    think need to bring back to NSC liao
    Nikon D60|D7000|MB-D11|18-55VR|18-105VR|55-200VR|50 F1.8|Di866
    http://**********/u2jTNE

Hi Thanks for u r reply. I searched in Google. Turn off camera 15 min, charge battery full (already full), remove SD card and try. Always POWER ON problem solved, camera can turn OFF and ON. But still slot 1 cannot recognized card. Try in slot 2 ok, formatted in camera again change to slot 1 okkkkk. Try some shots good. Happily going to sleep. Any one got this type of problem before?
    Every time I remove SD card from camera, using card reader to transfer photos to computer. Is this is correct way? or connect camera to computer to transfer is correct way?
    Experts please share u r experience.
    Thanks.

Hi Thanks for u r reply. I searched in Google. Turn off camera 15 min, charge battery full (already full), remove SD card and try. Always POWER ON problem solved, camera can turn OFF and ON. But still slot 1 cannot recognized card. Try in slot 2 ok, formatted in camera again change to slot 1 okkkkk. Try some shots good. Happily going to sleep. Any one got this type of problem before?
    Every time I remove SD card from camera, using card reader to transfer photos to computer. Is this is correct way? or connect camera to computer to transfer is correct way?
    Thanks.
    for me i always remove memory card from cam and use my laptop's card reader to transfer the photos
    Nikon D60|D7000|MB-D11|18-55VR|18-105VR|55-200VR|50 F1.8|Di866
    http://**********/u2jTNE

Thanks.
    shouldn't be a problem. I always remove card and use card reader to read. Take note to format SD card in camera instead of using computer. Also take a look at your firmware. Update it if its not up to date (current v1.03).

shouldn't be a problem. I always remove card and use card reader to read. Take note to format SD card in camera instead of using computer. Also take a look at your firmware. Update it if its not up to date (current v1.03).
    Thanks Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold46

Thanks Lot.
    Skim Milk is correct. Never format your SD card or delete pictures using a computer. Doing so can badly trip up some cameras,

Always format or delete with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by pbear1973 View Post
    Skim Milk is correct. Never format your SD card or delete pictures using a computer. Doing so can badly trip up some cameras,

Always format or delete with the camera.
    yap, everytime I get a new card, SD or CF Card... first thing is to format it (using camera).... and after each session, format it using the camera.... so far..... my card long long lasting like the Energiser Rabbit...

24mm. If its F/1.4G lagi better! but the AF-D F/2.8D works simply amazing at a great value.

ever since i departed from using zooms (was previously using 11-16mm), have been in search for a usable wide angle prime for my D7k, and this 24mm falls in nicely for my usage. despite some ppl complaining CAs etc, i find it no problem and the exceptional lightweight lens is pretty good to travel with.

oh yea, D7k owner since last year...

PS: and i was considering the 50mm F/1.8G previously, but went with a 40mm F/2.8G Micro that loses the F/1.8, but is the ideal choice for anyone who is torn between 35mm & 50mm.

congrats for your new buy!

[QUOTE=N-user;772488 my card long long lasting like the Energiser Rabbit... [/QUOTE]

ermm.... i think is duracell...