Thread: d70 focus issues help guys

Angry d70 focus issues help guys

hey fellas have a d70(with kit)18-70mm and an sb800. got it a couple of weeks back. the issue is...focus...my pics ..all of them come out with soft focus..(as in out of focus urrespective of settings.. as in digi vari mode..a mode/shutter priority mode..etc...and no its not camera shake..have tried in daylight n niight time and at fast shutter with varying iso..(just in case)...even bracketed my aperture...so whats wrong?...have a shoot coming up and dont wanna have to do so much post production on my images...if i can help it...is there something im missing??...whats the possibilities?...the lens ?...body?...or both...and if i send it for servicing will nikon take forever?..*aaaarrrrgggghhh*..and btw...is it advisable to use the digi vari programming during event shoots?...or better off switching between aperture and shutter mode?...for the fellas who have lots of experience...could you advise...and no im not the main photog...hahah thank god...im just extra....hhehehe thnks in advance

Deregistered

1) You might want to punctuate your problem it would be easier to read

2) Post some images for show, a picture says a thousand word.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    1) You might want to punctuate your problem it would be easier to read
    the chap can rap pretty well, chanting hundreds of words per breath..

u may be facing a frontfocusing or backfocusing prob...send for servicing u obviously wun get it back on the spot..

SOFT...the kit lens tend to be alittle soft at both ends if tt's wat u are talking about..

after i read it (or attempted to read it), I concluded that this guy has something to do with the funny espn keyboard post.

JOBO: Not sure if you're still reading this, but could it be you have accidentally pressed the focus area? there are four main focus areas in the viewfinder and it is the area where your camera will search to focus on objects.

Using the 4way directional keypad at the back of the camera you can choose where you want the camera to search for the focus, alternatively some people choose to lock it, its slider at the back of the camera beneath the keypad.

I think that might be your problem, look out for a red highlight in the viewfinder when you half-depress your button (I'm assuming you know you should half-depress before shooting). The red highlight is the area where you camera is focussing, if its not the area that you wanted it to be then definetly your pictures will turn out OOF or soft in this case.

Check this and see if it helps.

espn is rite.. my eyes is hurting each time i see msgs like this... why on earth !!!! keyboard spoil meh... the recent increase of damaged keyboards is like the aids diesease.. spread like wild fire...

looks like the keyboard company neeeds to make new keyboards with new enchanced spacebar, improve lifespan of space bars... hahaha

You should also check that it's in AF-Single and not AF-Continuous mode due to release priority in the latter.

Default *sigh*

sorry guys, was in a flurry when i typed the msg.
    Anyways, just an update. this is what the nikon fella said.

1) some batches have this problem and its the body.

2) checked my cam and found everything ok.

3) he did say not to use dynamic focus as its mostly meant for telephoto lens and not my lens 18-70mm

4) conclusion?......have to send images to them to check.....so pending second update....if anyone is still reading this in the first place.

oh thanks for the help fellas will keep this post updated when i get the answers

Cool answers!! eeerrmmm sort of.

ok here goes....

developed my images....4R- really good prints.

nikon said. images if viewed 100% on a pc will come out soft. so its best to view at 70% for an accurate portrayal.

anyway, my take, since im mathematically declined, it still does not gel for me(the explanations). the prints come out good and thats important

. too many maybes here and therefore ive decided to give the matter a rest. let me know if anyones got this same issue..