Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: In praise of colours...

  1. #1

    Talking In praise of colours...


    Shots from around the house. Inspired by my exam readings. Ok back to studying now.

    Any comments are more than welcome.
    Last edited by Gosu_John; 21st November 2004 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Those are pretty cool.

  3. #3

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralCharles
    Those are pretty cool.
    thank you charles.

  4. #4

    Default

    No problem.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Neat !!! does it for me
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  6. #6

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Neat !!! does it for me
    thank you pablo

  7. #7

    Default

    guitar works for me, although I would prefer more green in the guitar photo. overall, an interesting conjure but lacks some coherence between objects. just 2c worth.

  8. #8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by henrylim
    guitar works for me, although I would prefer more green in the guitar photo. overall, an interesting conjure but lacks some coherence between objects. just 2c worth.
    thank you henry, i'll keep those valuable pointers in mind next time I try something abstract like this again.

    You're right about coherence! After adding the signatures and borders in PS, I stood back and looked at it and I realised it lacked a certain coherence to it all, perhaps if the individuals objects in their different positions could relate to each other somehow it would be more impactful.

    For your information, I DID arrange the 4 photos to try to frame the photo, the heart being looking down to the right and the guitar forming a the horizontal bar 'supporting' the photo and the rest just basic preference.

    Any thoughts?

  9. #9
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    hey.. i really like this! hmm exams does have its uses!!

    really, thimbs up here! good use of title too!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    hey.. i really like this! hmm exams does have its uses!!

    really, thimbs up here! good use of title too!
    thank you joho,

    I'm having a headache right now over tommorrow's paper though.

  11. #11

    Default

    Perhaps you could concentrate on what you love most - guitar? music? would pencil+score and guitarboard+strings, guitar bag or guitar picks macros work? how about a shot of a nice cup of coffee next to you working while composing a piece? but dun stress yourself out - study comes first

    by themselves, they are nice. put four together, linked by colours is interesting but may not be impactful because as viewers, we have to figure out how to 'appreciate' this piece of 'art'....

    no worries though, my understanding could be different from what you are trying to achieve.

  12. #12

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by henrylim
    Perhaps you could concentrate on what you love most - guitar? music? would pencil+score and guitarboard+strings, guitar bag or guitar picks macros work? how about a shot of a nice cup of coffee next to you working while composing a piece? but dun stress yourself out - study comes first

    by themselves, they are nice. put four together, linked by colours is interesting but may not be impactful because as viewers, we have to figure out how to 'appreciate' this piece of 'art'....

    no worries though, my understanding could be different from what you are trying to achieve.
    heh thank you henry, my paper for today is since over, and I'm looking forward to the next one then the last one and finally a chance to go out to shoot with my friends.

  13. #13

    Default

    good for you! all the best, and hope you can achieve even better photos.... think before shooting..... it's the best policy...... i learn that a photo can be "technically good" yet totally no impact in a photo.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    West area
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gosu_John

    Shots from around the house. Inspired by my exam readings. Ok back to studying now.

    Any comments are more than welcome.
    I thought exams should end on last Saturday already? Today's the soccer match and opening ceremony for ISG. Goiing? 230pm to 8pm

  15. #15

    Default

    Hi Adzz,

    I'm from NUS architecture, not NTU. My friends in NTU all laughing at us now. sigh... Will be over soon. Have fun!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    West area
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    haha, i just realised also. why did i have the impression that u are from NTU. I came to know about your blog, not thru CS, but from my gf, who reads it. , who after that questions me about things happening at CS. :lol:

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    haha, i just realised also. why did i have the impression that u are from NTU. I came to know about your blog, not thru CS, but from my gf, who reads it. , who after that questions me about things happening at CS. :lol:
    Your gf reads my blog? That's cool. Do I know her by any chance? Monday is the last paper... what a pity not to be able to go down to SITEX.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •