Thread: Nikon D70 Lens Filter

Default Nikon D70 Lens Filter

Is it necessary to get a Lens filter for D70?
    And also what lens filter is good for D70?

Any expert advice?? Thanks in advance!

You will need a filter for evry piece of lens. Primarily to protect the exterior lens glass from dust and srcatches. Most commonly fitted are UV Haze filter or the L37 filter. Quite similar but attenuate different wavelenght of UV rays.

Other type of filters are use to enhance the color of the shots. Like the polarizer cut reflections, deepen blue color of sky. Intensifier is used to bring up the redness color in trees, flower and sunrise/sunset. Some are also used to correct the color of light at different time of the day. Some will say you can use the white balance setting of the camera. This is one way, but not all the time will it give the desirable result. Combine with correction filters may help.

Oh there are many reasons you might use other type of filters like the ND filter. I can go on .... but I think you better go to Camera shop and ask a copy of Hoya Filter booklet and it should give you a genaral idea about filter and their application.

The most important part is do what it take to give a good photograph. If filter can help use them. If artificial reflected light can help use it.

Default filter recommendation

frankly speaking im not into japanese brands... if u really wan a very good filter, i suggest try getting ur hands at B+W filters, made by 1 of d world's best lens producers, Schneider...

Deregistered

*cough cough*

Nikon L37C, B+W are good choices.

cost effective.... hoya super HMC....juz to increase ya choices...

basically for UV filters.....to me its how much u love ya lens...so get one to protect the lens haha...

cheers,,

Erm.... Anyone happens to have the prices for the UV filters... Nikon L37C, B+W and Hoya super HMC??

Deregistered

Unfortunately Nikon doesn't have L37C for 67mm thread size. There is a Nikon NC 67mm thread size filter though, and no, it's not a UV. Price wise, I've no idea.

B+W 67mm should be around 60+, Hoya HMC should be around $35+.

Prices correct as of last quote at TCW last week.

use a B+W MRC 67mm, best choice for ur 18-70 lens