Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are some of the best older lenses for Pentax? Maybe Macro's?

Default Re: What are some of the best older lenses for Pentax? Maybe Macro's?

Vivitar MC Macro 55mm f/2.8 Camera Lens for Canon FD SN 28002477 | eBay

check my flickr and some of the spider shots were taken with panagor 55mm. I paid approx 200 sing for that for 1:1 mag. So canon mt, need not have to change at all..good and sharp and light.

Pentax should come out with 60 to 70 mm macro and I would likely pick one up.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Vivitar MC Macro 55mm f/2.8 Camera Lens for Canon FD SN 28002477 | eBay

check my flickr and some of the spider shots were taken with panagor 55mm. I paid approx 200 sing for that for 1:1 mag. So canon mt, need not have to change at all..good and sharp and light.

Pentax should come out with 60 to 70 mm macro and I would likely pick one up.

marcus
    wrong mount bro... FD is canon's old mount. DSLR uses a different mount. need special adapter to convert and the adapter needs to have corrective optics so image quality will be affected.

For your current Canon body, you should concentrate on one of the following, depending on your budget:

1. Canon EF 100f2.8 USM
    2. Canon EF-S 60f2.8 USM
    3. Tamron 60f2
    4. Tamron 90f2.8
    5. Sigma 50f2.8
    6. Sigma 75f2.8
    7. Sigma 105f2.8
    8. Tokina 100f2.8

All above are AF macro lenses and very suitable for your 400D, if I remember correctly. Try to avoid manual lenses as they will be difficult to use on the 400D.
    Save up and buy one of the above. The Sigma 50f2.8 macro will be the most affordable if you can find one, otherwise the Tamron 60f2. If you need a longer lens, the Canon EF 100f2.8 USM is excellent, and a used copy should be quite affordable.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    wrong mount bro... FD is canon's old mount. DSLR uses a different mount. need special adapter to convert and the adapter needs to have corrective optics so image quality will be affected.

Thats one of the reasons to buy a Pentax

TS, I think Anthony's suggestions above a better.

wah lau, You mean the old vivitar for canon cannot be mounted in digital canon body?

Pentax ones just slot in, easy right and still backward compatibility for m42 with adapter.

Sorry man, I have never try canon body. Maybe time to buy 5Dmark 2, seems to be a very good body and mpe 65 with twin flash light. Tks for the info. I have been living in caves for sometime. CAll myself caveman

Hmmm I am learning something new today.

marcus

wah lau, You mean the old vivitar for canon cannot be mounted in digital canon body?

Pentax ones just slot in, easy right and still backward compatibility for m42 with adapter.

Sorry man, I have never try canon body. Maybe time to buy 5Dmark 2, seems to be a very good body and mpe 65 with twin flash light. Tks for the info. I have been living in caves for sometime. CAll myself caveman

marcus
    wait a while, perhaps there's really a mirrorless fullframe K mount

instead of 5Dmark2, i think 645D more shiok. Can use your 645 A120mm f4 on it

marcus
    yup. canon changed mount when they introduced AF lenses.

i dunno abt 5D and MPE65 man... magnification is less impt to me these days...

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    wait a while, perhaps there's really a mirrorless fullframe K mount

instead of 5Dmark2, i think 645D more shiok. Can use your 645 A120mm f4 on it
    I am waiting for 645D to drop 70 % of current price....wait and wait...

marcus

yup. canon changed mount when they introduced AF lenses.

i dunno abt 5D and MPE65 man... magnification is less impt to me these days...
    You selling your extension tube?

marcus

I am waiting for 645D to drop 70 % of current price....wait and wait...

marcus
    hahaha bet your favourite movie is James Bond
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

You selling your extension tube?

marcus
    no i still want to keep. i went through a lot of effort to find that set!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan09 View Post
    Any recommendations for other macro lenses that will work with a canon(Adapter wise w/ infinity focus) I was going to buy a Canon usm 100mm macro but can't afford newer lenses.
    Pentax has a reverse ring for macro that cost 20 plus dollars and that allows the use of 50mm or 28 mm for morethan 2X magnification. I suppose canon should have that reverse ring, provides a good start for macro at a low cost.

Can someone who has experience with canon mt, comment on this pl.

marcus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12