Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some of the best older lenses for Pentax? Maybe Macro's?

Default What are some of the best older lenses for Pentax? Maybe Macro's?

I'm looking to get some older K/M42 lenses. What are some of the best out there? I've heard of Takumar, are any of these basically good to go? Any other's I should look for? I would especially like some Macro's.
    Thanks..

Default Re: What are some of the best older lenses for Pentax? Maybe Macro's?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan09 View Post
    I'm looking to get some older K/M42 lenses. What are some of the best out there? I've heard of Takumar, are any of these basically good to go? Any other's I should look for? I would especially like some Macro's.
    Thanks..
    are u using these macro lenses for serious 1:1 type of macro? or u just need a sharp MF lens?

Here...
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/penta...tographer.html

There are a myriad of choices, but imho, the ones I mentioned in the thread will set you up pretty well as far a MF lenses go.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    are u using these macro lenses for serious 1:1 type of macro? or u just need a sharp MF lens?
    Not serious macro, but I would like to take a shot at it. These will be mounted on a canon though w/ adapter. I am currently using a FD-50mm but I loose infinity focus on FD lenses.
    Last edited by Logan09; 29th December 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Here...
    There are a myriad of choices, but imho, the ones I mentioned in the thread will set you up pretty well as far a MF lenses go.
    Thanks!

Not serious macro, but I would like to take a shot at it. These will be mounted on a canon though w/ adapter. I am currently using a FD-50mm but I loose infinity focus on FD lenses.
    i see. for m42, the 50mm macro takumar was one i was thinking of getting awhile back but the idea of using an M42 lens for macro was daunting to me - the VF gets darker when u step down.

for k-mount. i have an old panagor 55mm f2.8 macro (it was variously branded as the vivitar as well). its a very sharp lens. not sure how your adaptor works for k-mount. it'll be a shame if u had to perform "surgery" on the mount to use. i've seen some where one had to remove the aperture lever from the mount.

don't take my advise
    I can't bear to see those nice K-mount lenses being lost to posterity due to 'surgery' to mount on a Canon.

Get some takumars instead.

Yes, I know what you are talking about on the dark VF when stepping down. I have the same problem on my FD macro. It's especially hard when you don't have Auto Confirmation. I find my self taking 20+ picture's to get one decent one.lol

I don't have any adapter's yet, and honestly am not familiar with Pentax mounts so don't really know how they lock on. I know one is a screw and one is a bayonet that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    don't take my advise
    I can't bear to see those nice K-mount lenses being lost to posterity due to 'surgery' to mount on a Canon.

Get some takumars instead.
    What do you mean? I have to modify the lenses to fit on the adapters?

Yes, I know what you are talking about on the dark VF when stepping down. I have the same problem on my FD macro. It's especially hard when you don't have Auto Confirmation. I find my self taking 20+ picture's to get one decent one.lol

I don't have any adapter's yet, and honestly am not familiar with Pentax mounts so don't really know how they lock on. I know one is a screw and one is a bayonet that's about it.
    get nikon mount or minolta/konica mount. they are easier to mount on Canon body.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    get nikon mount or minolta/konica mount. they are easier to mount on Canon body.
    I'll get right on that

Bloody hell...
    Dun go about doing "surgery" on whatever lenses..

If you really wanna go K mount, sell your Canon gears and/or simply just swap over to Pentax.. LoL!

Some good old lenses are already so rare, be fair to the younger generations after you..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

cannot like that say people got $LWEE$ wor so try around is good then let us know how it goes hahaha
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Which Canon cam are you using? I owned both the 40D and 5D before and can tell you all you want to know about mounting and using alternate manual focus lenses on Canon bodies. I also owned and used different Pentax mount lenses on Canon bodies before. Send me a PM.
    Home is where the heart is.

Thanks Anthony Lee, PM sent.

Turns out every lens I found/bought was a M42 mount So buying the PK adapter was pointless. I got a cheapy in yesterday a rikenon 135mm f2.8. I think I need to buy a AF confirm adapter as it is pretty hard judging focus on the telephoto lenses compared to macro's.

not sure why you need a pentax lens for macro. on your canon mount.

M42, there is 1:1mag for 50 mm takumar and also 1:2 mag of the almost the same takumar. There is also the yashinon macro m42, 60 mm which I own one. In all these, you will need to have an adapter for your canon mount.

There is also a vivitar 55 mm macro or panagor ones that gives 1:1 mag for canon. That is a good alternatives and you do not need to change the mount at all. Ebay would have that or the 90 mm macro vivitar/panagor. Those are komine made. A better ones will be the 105 macro vivitar that is kiron made and this willl be more exp.

I think your rikenon ones is 1:2 mag max. There is a rikenon macro 105 mm which I came across before but I have never tried that. For a start, vivitar 55 is quite low in cost and that provides 1:1 mag with great sharpness.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    not sure why you need a pentax lens for macro. on your canon mount.
    Any recommendations for other macro lenses that will work with a canon(Adapter wise w/ infinity focus) I was going to buy a Canon usm 100mm macro but can't afford newer lenses.

canon 100mm cannot afford then buy the next cheap one like tamron 90
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

There are 3rd party macro lenses from Tamron, Sigma and Tokina for the Canoon EOS mount. I think even SAMYANG has a macro lenses for the EOS mount.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast