Thread: Minolta 303si is A mode?

Question Minolta 303si is A mode?

Hello everyone,

I inherited a Minolta Dynax 303si from someone who intended to throw it away. I read the manual, but it doesn't say anything about those PASM control I see on a dslr. With only scene modes selections, it seems like a interchangeable lens camera that is permanently on A mode; or am I missing something here?

Any advice/suggestions on how to use this camera? I don't want to misuse it and cause injustice to it.

I have never used a film camera in my life, much less a SLR. Please forgive me if i don't make sense but i need some advice here. I read online that it's quite a good camera (years back), and I'm keen to learn how to use this camera. I even had a film loaded just to try it out.

Thankew
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Default Re: Minolta 303si is A mode?

It's not A mode, it's a SLR with a "full Auto" mode. No PASM controls. The 303si was meant to be an "idiot proof" SLR. Think of it as a point-and-shoot film SLR. :P
    Alpha

Oh yea.. A mode is aperture, this is full-auto.. Am I right to say that all Sony lenses with DT cannot be used with this cam? I hope it works with my F58 though..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Default Re: Minolta 303si is A mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    Oh yea.. A mode is aperture, this is full-auto.. Am I right to say that all Sony lenses with DT cannot be used with this cam? I hope it works with my F58 though..
    Well, DT is meant for crop bodies, so you will get heavy vignetting. But AF, etc, should all work fine.
    Alpha