Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Default Re: Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    I expect the mkIII to be more expensive than the D800, too. Canon can afford that, they are still the 1. in sales. Also, if you price something higher people think it's better. :-$
    The probable reason why the 5DMkII prices held higher than the D700 was its unwavering consumer demand. Demand for most cameras would have slowed to almost non-existent after maybe about 10-12months. But that didn't seem to be the case with the 5DmkII. After the photographers, came waves and waves of videographers. The D700 had its MSRP slashed sometime back because of demand drops I think. It was very close in price to the 5DmkII at launch as far as I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by KangS

The probable reason why the 5DMkII prices held higher than the D700 was its unwavering consumer demand. Demand for most cameras would have slowed to almost non-existent after maybe about 10-12months. But that didn't seem to be the case with the 5DmkII. After the photographers, came waves and waves of videographers. The D700 had its MSRP slashed sometime back because of demand drops I think. It was very close in price to the 5DmkII at launch as far as I remembered.
    What you said makes a lot of sense.. 5Dii attracts not just to photogs like us but also the videographers as well compared to the D700 which only appeal to the photogs..

Well on the bright side that means both the 5Diii and D800 prices will come down faster since both can take video as well as superb photos!
    Nikon & Leica

wah lau.. the 5D Mark II sell-off now so fierce.. see this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...d-mark-ii.html

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare
    wah lau.. the 5D Mark II sell-off now so fierce.. see this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...d-mark-ii.html
    New account, low price, fast sale. What do you think this looks like?

someone kena BBB virus?
    Last edited by gundamseed84; 29th February 2012 at 10:36 PM.

haha.. dunno which lucky snatched a good deal (provided no problem with the cam).

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    haha.. dunno which lucky snatched a good deal (provided no problem with the cam).
    as chengpenguin has mention, New account, low price, fast sale. it MIGHT be fake (trying to crash the 5d MK2 market), Might be real.
    Last edited by Errz; 29th February 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpenguin View Post
    New account, low price, fast sale. What do you think this looks like?
    Someone trying to influence market prices ... Seen it lots of times on other forums.

Dead giveaway: No telephone numbers / emails given. Like that how to FAST sales ???

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    as chengpenguin has mention, New account, low price, fast sale. it MIGHT be fake (trying to crash the 5d MK2 market), Might be real.
    ah I see.. so that's what he meant. sorry ah, I dunno got such evil people do this kind of thing one.

I agree.. Think someone is deliberately trying to crash the price of 5Dii. :/

Anyway I don't think 5Diii/X is going to come cheap, so there will still be market for the 5Dii.
    Nikon & Leica

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    If I had extra money to blow, I would have taken up the offer. The price is very attractive. But my funds are being kept for the 5D Mk3.

Kind of depressing to know that one day my 5D Mk3 will be up for sale for about half of what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    If I had extra money to blow, I would have taken up the offer. The price is very attractive. But my funds are being kept for the 5D Mk3.

Kind of depressing to know that one day my 5D Mk3 will be up for sale for about half of what I paid for it.
    well.. all these stuff are depreciating assets.. especially the body itself

Then you guys start new acct and have WTB threads for higher prices lor to set back the price trend LOL. Not that I am intending to buy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Then you guys start new acct and have WTB threads for higher prices lor to set back the price trend LOL. Not that I am intending to buy anyway.
    Haven't kept track in CS ... but in some other equipment forums, there are indeed people who do that !

Quote Originally Posted by KangS View Post
    Haven't kept track in CS ... but in some other equipment forums, there are indeed people who do that !
    Hmmm...
    Ccrafty, unscrupulous, cunning, sneaky, sly, devious, shrewd, wily, dastardly, scheming... dare I say... underhanded...

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    Hmmm...
    Ccrafty, unscrupulous, cunning, sneaky, sly, devious, shrewd, wily, dastardly, scheming... dare I say... underhanded...
    are u in canada or sg?

anyway 5D2 still so good, price is going down slowly. I'm estimating it just might go down to around that price after the new cam is announce IF it is indeed the 5D3. now several ppl already selling at 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    are u in canada or sg?

anyway 5D2 still so good, price is going down slowly. I'm estimating it just might go down to around that price after the new cam is announce IF it is indeed the 5D3. now several ppl already selling at 2.3
    Quite a big drop. Was at 2.6-2.8 @ BnS when I bought mine from Cathay, EARLIER this month ..

this morning one mint 5D2 (used set) was sold for $2k... missed that offer
    Fujifilm X-Pro1 | XF 14, 18, 35, 56, 60, 55-200 | EF-X20 speedlite

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    this morning one mint 5D2 (used set) was sold for $2k... missed that offer
    want it for 2nd body?

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    are u in canada or sg?

Eleveninth: I am in Canada right now but may be in Singapore in August. Snowing today....

Yes, I agree. Price will continue to go down just as the Canon 5D MkI did and continues to do so. The price of the Mk2 in Canada went down to C$1999 for a few months before and after Christmas. It is currently selling in stores for C$2499. I heard that it is expected to officially go down to the the Christmas level (C$1999) again beginning on Monday. I would expect this to be a worldwide phenomenon.

I would also be interested to see how this affects the Canon 5D classic price as I will be selling it to fund my 5D Mk3.
    Last edited by raydio; 1st March 2012 at 12:05 AM.