Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Default Re: Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Quote Originally Posted by larlarloo View Post
    I'm so looking forward to the improved AF speed/system of the 5D3. I don't own a 5D2 but tried my friend's and hated that it is slow compared to my 7D... but I need the new FF by 1st week of April!

Is it only me or does many of you also like to play with the focal points as you take the pictures?

I'm unfamiliar with dual SD/CF system as mine's only CF. In what ways would a dual SD/CF slot be useful? I only see more pain in getting 2 different cards. I think I actually prefer 2x CF slots like 1Dx more. Can you guys pls enlighten me?
    I can think of two advantages of the dual card set up:

i) Easier for people to upgrade coming from an SD only camera (obviously this would not be beneficial to anyone upgrading from a CF only camera).
    ii) Simultaneous recording or back-up
    iii) Increases capacity or number of photos you can record on a shoot.

I am sure that there are other advantages....

Quote Originally Posted by neech7 View Post
    What's wrong with the design of the 7D? I think the 7D is one of the nicest looking Canon body, along with the 1D/s series.
    nothing really wrong. just a personal preference.

I find that 7D and downwards, the sides are abit rounder compared to the design of 5D and 1D which is more "squarish" and gives a more study and "professional" feel :P

I'm finding it very difficult to get on the Canon Rumours site. Are we expecting a product announcement this week???
    Last edited by raydio; 28th February 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio

I can think of two advantages of the dual card set up:

i) Easier for people to upgrade coming from an SD only camera (obviously this would not be beneficial to anyone upgrading from a CF only camera).
    ii) Simultaneous recording or back-up
    iii) Increases capacity or number of photos you can record on a shoot.

I am sure that there are other advantages....
    Just want to add on regarding the backup feature. This is very important, especially to professionals who take photos for a living. Can you imagine shooting a wedding halfway and you get a CF card corruption? Your photos on the other media will save your reputation.

Another benefit is to shoot different file format into different cards e.g. RAW on CF, JPEG on SDHC. For press, they can straight away submit their JPEG from the SD card without touching their RAWs on CF card.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpenguin View Post
    Just want to add on regarding the backup feature. This is very important, especially to professionals who take photos for a living. Can you imagine shooting a wedding halfway and you get a CF card corruption? Your photos on the other media will save your reputation.

Another benefit is to shoot different file format into different cards e.g. RAW on CF, JPEG on SDHC. For press, they can straight away submit their JPEG from the SD card without touching their RAWs on CF card.
    Yap, this is industrial practice.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

3 more days !!! So excited !!! Hope Canon doesnt disappoint me...

Quote Originally Posted by chengpenguin

A dual card configuration makes more sense if it consists of two slots of the same type.

Sd card class 10 for video.

Quote Originally Posted by ageha

A dual card configuration makes more sense if it consists of two slots of the same type.
    Doesn't make much diff to me... As long as I can backup, any media is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Ya... quite similar path for lens, flash & body..... but most likely, 2012 will be 24-70mm & Flash... but my more detailed plan was getting filters and flash/ light modifier too...

Dropped plans for Lee filters for now and will survive with Tian Ya (since I shoot indoor mostly) and CPL, but could go for Rogue Grid & Gels, flashbender & diffuser...... US price is very cheap but shipping is expensive....

Which 50mm are you waiting for??? I am waiting for 50mm F1.4 replacement, and I like to have ring USM & Internal focus.... This will be 2013 purchase item.

35mm F1.4L II is scheduled to be release in 2013 too base on the leaked pathway from Canon Rumor.... not sure if that is true... but will wait and see..........But if the 35mm USM F2 version is good enough with good bokeh.... I could skip the L.....
    my days of using filter are over now, too lazy these to bring and setup . i am using cokin but many are claiming Lee is good.

yes, i am looking forward for 50mm f1.4 for my 7D. current 35mm f2 is good enough for me as i dont use as often (cant justify the investment with limited usage) only thing i dislike is the toy motor noise, the dogs can get distracted by this sound.

i am looking forward for 5D mkiii for the iso performance but if there is a 7D upgrade in 2nd half, i need to compare their performance to decide which to buy for a second body.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Yap, this is industrial practice.
    With the dual cards... is it possible to use the cards separately while both are seated in their respective slots? In other words, can you target one to be filled up first and then the other?

Quote Originally Posted by raydio

With the dual cards... is it possible to use the cards separately while both are seated in their respective slots? In other words, can you target one to be filled up first and then the other?
    Yes. Can either use it as the 2nd recording media or record different formats or to both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    This feature already exist in 1D bodies. The camera will record to second card once the first card is full.
    Fujifilm X-Pro1 | XF 14mm f/2.8 R | XF 18mm f/2 R | XF 35mm f/1.4 R| EF-X20 speedlite

I'm finding it very difficult to get on the Canon Rumours site. Are we expecting a product announcement this week???
    hahaha can't even access it this morning, the webby keep returning timeout!! LOL!
    server overload probably.

Quote Originally Posted by mfbatzap View Post
    hahaha can't even access it this morning, the webby keep returning timeout!! LOL!
    server overload probably.
    Yes, I've been trying it for the last several hours and no luck. I think that their server(s) are overloaded with overzealous Canon 5D Mk3 information seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    This feature already exist in 1D bodies. The camera will record to second card once the first card is full.
    Most of the users does not have the chance to use 1D series before.
    They have to go through some learning curves.
    They will be experiencing the advatanges of having some functions from the 1D series on the new camera.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

You may have missed it, but it was posted earlier that many are speculating that the original US$3500 figure was for camera PLUS kit lens (24-105 Mk II). The body only should come in at US$2700 (or S$3,400).
    great. hope that comes true!

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413

There are, of course my functions than this. You can also set it to record simultaneously, and choose what file format goes to which.

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    Can we select JPEG for sd n raw for cf card storing at same time?

Yes, I've been trying it for the last several hours and no luck. I think that their server(s) are overloaded with overzealous Canon 5D Mk3 information seekers.
    yeah man.. but managed to get a peek on the leaked photos yesterday.. and 5DMKIII it is! Unless it's a fake photo which canonrumors say was unlikely