Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Needs comment

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Needs comment

    Some photos taken on my recent trip to Langkawi. Needs comments from gurus here.


    Woke up early and took this near to the beach.


    The symbol of Langkawi.


    The only cable station on Langkawi. This is the mid-station.


    Top view from the cable-car station.

    Photos taken with a Canon A95 on AUTO.
    Last edited by greenarrow2k4; 20th November 2004 at 09:59 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi,

    The pictures...too small to see..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Hi greenarrow2k4,

    "The symbol of Langkawi"

    I would prefer to use PS to remove off the small dot on the right. If you could go near it, should try to shoot from another angle too so that a closer view of the bird is make.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harmony
    Hi,

    The pictures...too small to see..
    How to upload BIG photo? The system allows up to a certain limit. Pai Sai, newbie here

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Hi greenarrow2k4,

    "The symbol of Langkawi"

    I would prefer to use PS to remove off the small dot on the right. If you could go near it, should try to shoot from another angle too so that a closer view of the bird is make.
    What's PS? PhotoShop? If I go near to the subject, I might not able to capture the whole eagle. Must I use a wide angle len?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarrow2k4
    What's PS? PhotoShop? If I go near to the subject, I might not able to capture the whole eagle. Must I use a wide angle len?
    PS=Photoshop.

    Usually I will bring one zoom lens and a wide angle along during oversea trip. Wide angle is good for capture scenery.

    Here is one example

    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Nice pic taken here. Say, how u upload such a large file? I've a Canon wide-angle but no zoom. For a compact, don't u think it's a bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

    Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    PS=Photoshop.

    Usually I will bring one zoom lens and a wide angle along during oversea trip. Wide angle is good for capture scenery.

    Here is one example

    Nice pic u got there, DarkForce!
    Korea? The sky is always so blue there. I jus came back from there.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Your pictures are too small! But the eagle shot was not bad. I've been there before and i know that its hard to photograph that eagle. Damn big!

    BTW, which resort did you stay?

    Cable car station


    Its going to rain. Storm clouds just above my head.


    Man lying down on the mountains


    Photos taken using Nikon CP 775 (2MP!)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarrow2k4
    Nice pic taken here. Say, how u upload such a large file? I've a Canon wide-angle but no zoom. For a compact, don't u think it's a bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

    Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah
    Hi greenarrow2k4,

    1) how u upload such a large file?

    - I use PS to resize the photo to 600 x 400 300 dpi
    - Save for web and adjust the Quailty till the size is just below 100 kb

    2) bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

    - When I go oversea, my equipment usually weight about 10kg. I even bring a big tripod too.

    - For travel photography, some photographer prefer light good compact camera. Some would carry heavy gear. Each got they pro and cos so it depend on which group you belong to.

    3) Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah.

    - No problem. There are a lots of senior here who don't mind to share their knowledge with you. Since you got lots of time, you could always prastice more in Singapore first so that you can do better during oversea.

    All the best

    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Nice pic u got there, DarkForce!
    Korea? The sky is always so blue there. I jus came back from there.
    Thanks Evq,

    The sky there is nicer than Singapore but still not as good as NZ and Australia when I was there few years ago.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  13. #13
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarrow2k4
    How to upload BIG photo? The system allows up to a certain limit. Pai Sai, newbie here
    The system are not restricting you.
    Your url is linking a thumbnail instead of the actual picture.

    Look at your URL again, notice there a THUMB before JPG.
    remove that thumb. Most probably you copy thumbnail URL instead of the actual size


    "http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/14679Sunrise-thumb.JPG"
    "http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/14679Sunrise.JPG"

    See the difference?


  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarrow2k4
    Nice pic taken here. Say, how u upload such a large file? I've a Canon wide-angle but no zoom. For a compact, don't u think it's a bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

    Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah
    Are u interested in joining us on 27th Nov?
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...186#post950186
    We are all newbies

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Hi greenarrow2k4,

    1) how u upload such a large file?

    - I use PS to resize the photo to 600 x 400 300 dpi
    - Save for web and adjust the Quailty till the size is just below 100 kb

    2) bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

    - When I go oversea, my equipment usually weight about 10kg. I even bring a big tripod too.

    - For travel photography, some photographer prefer light good compact camera. Some would carry heavy gear. Each got they pro and cos so it depend on which group you belong to.

    3) Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah.

    - No problem. There are a lots of senior here who don't mind to share their knowledge with you. Since you got lots of time, you could always prastice more in Singapore first so that you can do better during oversea.

    All the best

    I brought my 300D, kit lens, Sigma, portable storage, tripod, a video cam for tour.
    Yes, it is heavy, but all worth it!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    I brought my 300D, kit lens, Sigma, portable storage, tripod, a video cam for tour.
    Yes, it is heavy, but all worth it!
    Oh yes bro,

    We both belong to the same type of photographer.

    Sometime I need to carry those gear up to a high hill. By the time I reach there (more than hundreds of staircase), my face turn green liao but still die die must set up the tripod to shoot loh. When it rain, I have to protect my gear and let myself got wet.

    I will leave my storage (portable CD writer) in hotel lah.

    Well, it is hard to find friends to go shooting oversea. When will be your next trip ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Oh yes bro,

    We both belong to the same type of photographer.

    Sometime I need to carry those gear up to a high hill. By the time I reach there (more than hundreds of staircase), my face turn green liao but still die die must set up the tripod to shoot loh. When it rain, I have to protect my gear and let myself got wet.

    I will leave my storage (portable CD writer) in hotel lah.

    Well, it is hard to find friends to go shooting oversea. When will be your next trip ?
    Hahhaa.. talk abt those endless steps up the hill(Jeju Island, Korea) & rainy days...
    Me next trip? Likely next aug/sep. Where would u like/plan to go? I planning for NZ.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    Hahhaa.. talk abt those endless steps up the hill(Jeju Island, Korea) & rainy days...
    Me next trip? Likely next aug/sep. Where would u like/plan to go? I planning for NZ.
    I have not decide yet but hope to go somewhere far away. Must see see first loh.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    I have not decide yet but hope to go somewhere far away. Must see see first loh.
    How far?? Europe?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    How far?? Europe?
    Why not if I can find someone to go with me. Europe is one of the place I am aiming for.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •