Thread: Developing flims

Default Developing flims

Is there any difference in negative quality when a roll of flim is developed between a minilab and a prolab?

cos I want to try out a roll of flim and i was wondering if I develop and print at a minilab @ 3R and then take the negs and reprint at a pro lab. will there be alot of difference between the negs taken at a pro-lab and then reprinting than negs taken at a mini-lab?

Default Re: Developing flims

Originally posted by Necroist
    Is there any difference in negative quality when a roll of flim is developed between a minilab and a prolab?

cos I want to try out a roll of flim and i was wondering if I develop and print at a minilab @ 3R and then take the negs and reprint at a pro lab. will there be alot of difference between the negs taken at a pro-lab and then reprinting than negs taken at a mini-lab?
    Depends. Some of the smaller neighbourhood labs don't handle your negatives well, causing scratches, fingerprints, water stains, chemical stains, etc. When it happens, no pro lab can give you good prints from those negs.

After you spent so much on equipment, so much effort in producing good pictures, it pays to go to a good lab.

Regards
    CK