Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Streats: Why Singapore women go for ang moh men

The highly desired asian man:

Ang moh chasing asian woman:

I'm obviously an angmoh photographer:

Last edited by StreetShooter; 20th November 2004 at 09:06 PM.

Mr Pinkerton himself.

Any statistics to show why Singaporean girls prefer ang mohs? I don't think it is true (from gal point of view).

Very nice series.......

Seems like our young had began the battle......

this is a gd shot.

Nice series streetshooter! I find the "Little bugger" very cute

Anyway my 2cents worth:

From what has being said so far, it seems that the lost of local women to foreign talent seems to be a chronic sore spot in the eyes of some Singaporean men. Is the "problem" as serious as most of the people making it out to be? How many percentage of local women are actually going out with or married to foreigners? Or is there no problem at all and simply a few bruised egos who have "lost out" to foreigners and now venting their spleen?

What's wrong with freedom of choice? If some local girls like and choose to be with foreigners, who are we to tell them to stop their pursuit of love/money/greencards? Or must we dictate to them how to think and how to love?

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    Nice series streetshooter! I find the "Little bugger" very cute

Anyway my 2cents worth:

From what has being said so far, it seems that the lost of local women to foreign talent seems to be a chronic sore spot in the eyes of some Singaporean men. Is the "problem" as serious as most of the people making it out to be? How many percentage of local women are actually going out with or married to foreigners? Or is there no problem at all and simply a few bruised egos who have "lost out" to foreigners and now venting their spleen?

What's wrong with freedom of choice? If some local girls like and choose to be with foreigners, who are we to tell them to stop their pursuit of love/money/greencards? Or must we dictate to them how to think and how to love?
    Alot of SPGs actually wanted to married to AMs coz of $$$. But too bad man, some of those AMs that work here just making use of the SPG for sex service only (not many would want to marry to local gal). Some AMs even have wife back in their native land. They will not want SPG anymore....they say 'sayonara' to those $$$-eyed SPGs. You can see alot of AM hanging around in Orchard area to hook gals that offered ONS.
    Yeah man, those SPG have the right to do whatever they like man, but hope that they does not contacted HIV!

The point ..here is not we are dictating how ppl think nor limiting the freedom of choice..the key here..

3 pts what i mentioned is...? 1) how sensitive are local men to local gers and vice
    versa ..
    2) the commuication factors among men and women
    3) more local men looking for overseas women
    etc...i am not saying i am dictating ...think you ought
    to read the thread i posted carefully ....between words.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The point ..here is not we are dictating how ppl think nor limiting the freedom of choice..the key here..

3 pts what i mentioned is...? 1) how sensitive are local men to local gers and vice
    versa ..
    2) the commuication factors among men and women
    3) more local men looking for overseas women
    etc...i am not saying i am dictating ...think you ought
    to read the thread i posted carefully ....between words.
    You know why more men looking for overseas women?? It is mostly becoz of some super-proud sg gal. They even look down on lower-educated man so the poor man have nothing to do so they look for less-demanding ladies from overseas!

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Ang moh chasing asian woman:

I wonder if anyone did read my thread correctly...its plain english..but read between the words for what it means...not plain simple direct interaction ?

hope someone can help me interpret ...correctly..

Lightbulb ang moh men are better kissers, that's why!

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Lightbulb

does one pic offers the answer to the many perplexing questions raised. maybe he is good because he is experienced with age. hehe.

Lightbulb

your second pic seems to say that her body language suggested she avoided the asian man because he appeared as a tout. She seems to say "not interested". Even her eyes are not looking in his direction.

Lightbulb

kyrie100, your last short paragraph seems to have hit the nail on the head. unfortunately, our local girls seem to head in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    My view is that if they go for ang mohs, then we go for Vietnam or Cambodia lor.

It's the weekend. Just a light hearted response, ok?
    Yeap, they go for the ang moh - an an old, old one with a grey goatee at that - not a young hunk man.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

It's kind of funny to read so many articles that is bashing on SG girls with AM guys, but yet no articles about SG guys with AM/Viet/China/whatever country girls??!?!?!?!?! The other funny thing is.... almost, if I remember correctly, all these articles are written from a man's point of view... Isn't that a bit biased in nature then?

When one starts to rant about such topics.... Won't one starts to wonder why it irks them so much that they have to rant about? Is this jealousy? Is this something to explain away why they could not get a SG girlfriend/wife?

I have always believe that it's quite impossible to met someone's ideal. It's more of you meeting someone and that someone likes you and you happen to like someone, both can accept each other's character.... so you start a relationship....

How about taking a 180 turn and start examing the Sg men.... Are they really that fantastic that they can't understand why they are not being chosen???!?!?! Arn't they as choosy as the other sex?!?!?! They want this, they want that... Oh and they got an ego that if flatten a little there they go.... They tend to be a bit taken back if they are faced with women with stronger characters.... etc...

Is this what people want to see??? We are all human beings... We have our weaknesses, our strengths... Why do we need to bash each other up? Isn't trying to survive this world complicated enough to be fighting each other????

I kind of wonder.... how much percentage of women had married local guys vs others that has created this hugh "crisis" as if you really looked at statistics.... It's the minority and by the way, if i remember correctly, the ratio of guys vs gals in singapore is a little skewed towards the gals... Also... with this "alternative" lifestyle, the no. of people u can chose also reduces...

So.... why spend time doing such things.... isn't it better if we spend more time doing something more meaningful? Or even better, take more photos!!!!

Lightbulb

watch Get Real on monday's night - are singaporean women so hard to love?
    hopefully diana ser will present us with a satisfactory answer to all. he he.

Lightbulb

kyrie100, singaporean chicks are imported from overseas and were, at least once banned from entering singapore because they were an avian flu risk.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast