Thread: Newbie looking for camera.

Default Newbie looking for camera.

Hi all,

I'm new here. Previously was using fujiflim s1500. Looking for advice as I'm going for winter holiday in Korea during jan. any good recommendation/advice for dslr/compact digital cam(either one).

Was looking at Pentax K-R, any advise for this? Your advices is greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Default Re: Newbie looking for camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonbecks View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new here. Previously was using fujiflim s1500. Looking for advice as I'm going for winter holiday in Korea during jan. any good recommendation/advice for dslr/compact digital cam(either one).

Was looking at Pentax K-R, any advise for this? Your advices is greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
    here's the link, probably just above yours and stickyed at that. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbi...amera-buy.html

in fact why dont you stick with fuji since you already have afew(or at least one) lens?
    Last edited by catchlights; 28th December 2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: remove quote
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian

way to go, pushing your own sales products at anyone asking for a new dslr =D

here's the link, probably just above yours and stickyed at that. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbi...amera-buy.html

in fact why dont you stick with fuji since you already have afew(or at least one) lens?
    Show me how you detach the lens from the s1500 please also, fuji has no new dslr after the S5Pro, which uses Nikon F mount. I suggest you understand more before giving advices.

To the TS, the k-r is a good start and will satisfy your need for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Show me how you detach the lens from the s1500 please also, fuji has no new dslr after the S5Pro, which uses Nikon F mount. I suggest you understand more before giving advices.

To the TS, the k-r is a good start and will satisfy your need for quite a while
    can detach. It is the attaching back that is abit more tricky

All you need is a screwdriver... okay, may 2 screwdrivers (one phillip head and one cross head). And if dismantling the screws don't help... get a big mallet or hammer (also can) and smash it down.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

can detach. It is the attaching back that is abit more tricky

All you need is a screwdriver... okay, may 2 screwdrivers (one phillip head and one cross head). And if dismantling the screws don't help... get a big mallet or hammer (also can) and smash it down.
    I thought need a saw and blowtorch

LOL you two are so nasty in the morning to newbies. tsk tsk.

any camera would be fine, so as long as you make sure the camera you buy can operate at low temperatures.

and make sure you take care of the camera properly in cold weather:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/gener...d-weather.html

*hint* look out for camera advertisements showcasing gear usage in winter/cold conditions to get a rough idea what to get

Hi all,

i used the KX previously which had the same sensor as the KR. they are both great cameras that offers very good value for money.

the bundled DAL 18-55 lens is also above average as far as "kit lenses" are concerned. if u like, u could even buy the new cheap DA35mm prime lens together. both are really fun lenses to use and will probably meet 90% of your photography needs on vacation.

@Valkarian lol its a good package!

Shameless advertising

Won't go wrong with the Kr.
    Performance and features are hard to beat at its price.
    Nice small APS-C lenses from Pentax too compared to other makes which is unique to the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I thought need a saw and blowtorch
    it just needs your face then it falls off alr lol.

i saw it was a dslr body accidentally la lol
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    it just needs your face then it falls off alr lol.

i saw it was a dslr body accidentally la lol
    What do you mean by my face?

Thanks for your post and replies!I am new here ,too~Happy to join this family!
    Haha I just want to get a carema to record the little drops of life!

Quote Originally Posted by alyssaly View Post
    Thanks for your post and replies!I am new here ,too~Happy to join this family!
    Haha I just want to get a carema to record the little drops of life!
    What is a carema? Care ma

Just joking lah... Anyway, welcome. But next time please start your own thread. It is really rude to hijack other people's thread.
    Last edited by rhino123; 28th December 2011 at 03:38 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    What is a carema? Care ma

Just joking lah... Anyway, welcome. But next time please start your own thread. It is really rude to hijack other people's thread.
    might be someone with identity crisis? TS and this newbie might be one and the same LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    might be someone with identity crisis? TS and this newbie might be one and the same LOL
    Lol. Definitely not the same. Well I just got my kr yesterday. Still playing with it!

Lol. Definitely not the same. Well I just got my kr yesterday. Still playing with it!
    congrats on your new purchase

you might wanna hang out more in the Pentax sub-forum to learn more about what your camera can do

Yeap. Looking into it. Hahaha

That's simply fantastic! Share with me your experience with it Might change system into Pentax, pink simply attracts me
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

So far so good. Still fondling as Im very new to the dslr family. Haha. Wanted to get the pink one as well. But ended up white one still stand out for me.