Thread: How to retrieve files from a CF Card that has been reformatted and used few times

Unhappy How to retrieve files from a CF Card that has been reformatted and used few times

Hi,

Am in a predicament, i have overlooked the transfer of data from my CF card to my computer.I have since then reused the CF card many times over.I would like to retrieve the images that i have taken on a particular date.Would that be possible? Am using mac.Any suggestion of softwares.Thank you in advance ppl!

Default Re: How to retrieve files from a CF Card that has been reformatted and used few times

very doubtful. The only way to recover it is if the particular data sectors were not re-used yet. If you have used and re-used the CF... I doubt you can find any intact "old" data anymore.
    Alpha

Default Re: How to retrieve files from a CF Card that has been reformatted and used few times

u just use the rescue pro if u have it
    sometimes u still can recover really old images

As Rashkae mentioned: if the sectors of the media are still intact then chances are good for image recovery. But: a single image is stretched over lots of sectors (example: 15 MByte of image file and sectors of 4kByte .. do the Maths how many sectors would be involved) - if only a single sector has been reused for the writing of a new file the old file gone, period. Regardless whether Mac or Win, regardless which software you use.
    EOS