Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to calibrate LCD monitor ?

Default How to calibrate LCD monitor ?

Anyone knows how to calibrate it ?

If you have Photoshop, you could use Adobe Gamma. This was what I did for my LCD monitor. Served me well so far. There are other more advance calibration gadget such as the Spyder from Colorvision. You can visit their website for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    If you have Photoshop, you could use Adobe Gamma. This was what I did for my LCD monitor. Served me well so far. There are other more advance calibration gadget such as the Spyder from Colorvision. You can visit their website for more information.
    how do i use / open adobe gamma ?

spyder --> is it good / better than adobe gamma ?

Deregistered

Actually for me adobe gamma doesn't do any color calibration, it only ajdusts brightness & contrast.

You'd be better off with either a Spyder or Eye-One kits. They're both hardware equipment targetted at calibration CRT/LCD properly.

Check out the printer section at CP and approach any of them on recommendation on calibration and the importance

Quote Originally Posted by dennislim
    Anyone knows how to calibrate it ?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=100544

u can buy this to calibrate
    it's cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by zod

u can buy this to calibrate
    it's cheap!
    it is a software or hardware ? it seems like there is a free mouse ?

it is a hardware calibration unit
    read here for more info
    http://www.i1color.com/products/i1_display.asp

it is a hardware calibration unit
    read here for more info
    http://www.i1color.com/products/i1_display.asp

ex leh ... any cheaper options ...

using SAMSUNG 173T

Deregistered

Yes, you can PM oeyvind he offers calibration services at $50 per house visit. However do note that calibration is a on going affair, recommendation is 1ce a month for new displays, older displays like my 15" Sony, is about 1ce every two weeks.

So down the road, it might be more economical to own one yourself. Otherwise there's always oeyvind

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yes, you can PM oeyvind he offers calibration services at $50 per house visit. However do note that calibration is a on going affair, recommendation is 1ce a month for new displays, older displays like my 15" Sony, is about 1ce every two weeks.

So down the road, it might be more economical to own one yourself. Otherwise there's always oeyvind
    eh ... not calibate one time then no need to calibate anymore ? why there is a must to calibrate it all the time ?

can i do it by printing the photo out from my lcd can compare with the photo and lcd to see how far the color has gone out then adjust the brightness and contrast and print again ?
    will this way works also ?

how do i use / open adobe gamma ?

spyder --> is it good / better than adobe gamma ?
    Try C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration

If Adobe Gamma does not work for you, then consider other options as suggested in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Try C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration

If Adobe Gamma does not work for you, then consider other options as suggested in this thread.
    ha ... don't know leh ... tried using adobe gamma but ... hmmm set the contrast to the max then adjusting brightness like not much difference ...

anybody using the same LCD as me ?
    currently me using brightness 40 contrast 50 ...

ha ... don't know leh ... tried using adobe gamma but ... hmmm set the contrast to the max then adjusting brightness like not much difference ...

anybody using the same LCD as me ?
    currently me using brightness 40 contrast 50 ...
    I have the Samsung SyncMaster 172T. I noticed after using the Adobe Gamma, the print that I got from my Canon IP5000 is very close to what I see on my LCD screen. And one more thing, I am using the MSI graphic card with a DVI output. Not sure if this has something to do with the result I got.

eh ... not calibate one time then no need to calibate anymore ? why there is a must to calibrate it all the time ?

can i do it by printing the photo out from my lcd can compare with the photo and lcd to see how far the color has gone out then adjust the brightness and contrast and print again ?
    will this way works also ?
    overtime, monitors/lcd will age and the colours will shift even if you do not touch the settings. therefore, calibration needs to be done monthly at the least.

depending on where your print out your photo, you are calibrating your lcd to your printer. if your printer colours are wrong, so will your lcd be.

Deregistered

depending on where your print out your photo, you are calibrating your lcd to your printer. if your printer colours are wrong, so will your lcd be.
    And not to mention the surrounding light might fool the print to make you calibrate wrongly.

And not to mention the surrounding light might fool the print to make you calibrate wrongly.
    sighz... no cheaper options (e.g. software to calibrate) but to purchase (the hardware) it ?

Deregistered

Software can't do anything without hardware and vice versa, hardware sensors are more accurate than software.

If you're on a shoestring budget, consider the ColorVision ColorPlus, $219 at CP. EyeOne v2 currently at $500 (dunnot got stocks anot) and Spyer2 Pro at $599 IIRC.

Alternatively, oeyvind offers calibration services for $50 per home visit.

Hope it helps.

If you're on a shoestring budget, consider the ColorVision ColorPlus, $219 at CP. EyeOne v2 currently at $500 (dunnot got stocks anot) and Spyer2 Pro at $599 IIRC.
    you forgot my MO for EyeOne v2 at $450

Just want to know whether this method consider calibrate?

Under the properties-settings-advanced-color management

Got different profile. I chose sRGB Color Space Profile for my monitor. If my camera do support sRGB, will the color be the same and is that what Calibrate mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast