Thread: Anyone uses Noise Ninja??

Question Anyone uses Noise Ninja??

Is it worth it??? Read on Luminous Landscape that its good. The Pro version cost $69.00 USD. a bit expensive... (or maybe I'm just that poor... hehe)

Yes, it is worth it. I bought the basic package for USD$29. Makes my 10D pictures at ISO 800 and especially ISO 1600 even more usable

Yes it is good and fast. I got it during the time when it was first out as I was using a Minolta A1 which is very noisy. Now seldom use because of DSLR. Anyway it is a good program.

Quote Originally Posted by leejiing
    Is it worth it??? Read on Luminous Landscape that its good. The Pro version cost $69.00 USD. a bit expensive... (or maybe I'm just that poor... hehe)

yupz it is totally worth it, when I saw the results, it is almost like upgrading your camera.

cheers

Hello,

Just wanna know if it is easy to use for newbie like me? Is it s standalone programe of some kind of plug-in for Adobe Photoshop? Can some one put in the purchase link here?

It works great... for me it works better than Neat Image

hi guys.. thanx a mil for the info.. will get the standalone version first to try try.

Yo, downloaded Noise Ninja ver 2 and it looks pretty user friendly. Hey, what about those noise profile from PictureCode website? Are they accurate? Anyway downloaded my DSC-V1 noise profile and have to take some noisy shots to try it out man!

those who want the freeware of noiseninja. you can PM me with your email.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

Quote Originally Posted by donkuok
    those who want the freeware of noiseninja. you can PM me with your email.
    Can just download the original from PictureCode website and there are ways to get the licence.

I'm using Noiseware, there's a free home user version. So far, i found it to be gd. Anyone used both Noiseeware & Ninja, can comment abt the two software?

Link to Noiseware:
    http://imagenomic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leejiing

I've had great results from NeatImage. There's also a free version available. Here's a sample image taken at 3200ISO.

Here's a link to other sample images from the NeatImage site.
    Last edited by taiwanapurasteve; 12th December 2004 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    I'm using Noiseware, there's a free home user version. So far, i found it to be gd. Anyone used both Noiseeware & Ninja, can comment abt the two software?

Link to Noiseware:
    http://imagenomic.com/
    i use both. ninja (now is 2.0) is more powerful than noiseware as u can do a lot of fine-tuning. BUT (and its a big BUT to me), its not as 'idiot-proof' as noiseware. u really need to understand how to manipulate all the various colour channel settings on ninja b4 u can get the best results.

noiseware is very easy to use. just go auto-pilot, and let the software handle the noise reduction. it works very well. i tried it out reducing my ISO 1600 image's noise to a very respectable level on my 1st try. however, i know of some CSers who felt that noiseware is too aggressive in noise reduction, resulting in a soft image which requires additional sharpening in PS.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal