Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Traditional Wedding Album Or Digital Wedding Album

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default Traditional Wedding Album Or Digital Wedding Album

    Hiakz!
    now we are suppose to choose the type of wedding album... after seeing the portfolios.. i guess i betta get the digital Wedding album... its $500 more than the traditional wan.. but the colours and graphics are much betta!!

    but i wonder... will be condition of the album gets fade in yrs to go?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Traditional Wedding Album Or Digital Wedding Album

    Originally posted by RuthBaby
    Hiakz!
    now we are suppose to choose the type of wedding album... after seeing the portfolios.. i guess i betta get the digital Wedding album... its $500 more than the traditional wan.. but the colours and graphics are much betta!!

    but i wonder... will be condition of the album gets fade in yrs to go?
    A digital album will not fade. It's all in digital files! If you print them out, then it's no different from a traditional album. But nowadays, the papers like Fuji Crystal Archive, etc are supposed to last very, very long under normal conditions.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Under your skin
    Posts
    533

    Default

    hmm.. interesting.

    what does a digital album consist of? and why issit so much more expensive?

    i would have though it would be cheaper since the incremental cost is almost neligible (compared with print).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by rochkoh
    hmm.. interesting.

    what does a digital album consist of? and why issit so much more expensive?

    i would have though it would be cheaper since the incremental cost is almost neligible (compared with print).
    I would think it's presented in the form of a CD-ROM of images, possibly in a slide-show format?

    The additional cost probably is from:
    1. Labour - of touching up images, adjusting colour balance etc. Very labourious process.

    2. Putting together the slide slow, choosing images which work with one another coherently, selecting the music, royalty for the music, etc.

    Might be others.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    I would think it's presented in the form of a CD-ROM of images, possibly in a slide-show format?

    The additional cost probably is from:
    1. Labour - of touching up images, adjusting colour balance etc. Very labourious process.

    2. Putting together the slide slow, choosing images which work with one another coherently, selecting the music, royalty for the music, etc.

    Might be others.

    Regards
    CK
    they actualli enhance the pics by using computer?
    err.. tts what the boss claims...

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Wah! Getting married! Congrats!

  7. #7

    Default

    My friend got his photography album taken in Johor, he got both the tradisional album as well as a CD that contains a slide show of the photos in the album. He played the CD during the dinner, very nice and new to me. Cost him RM2k+ for the whole package. Cheap I would say.
    DR KOH KHO KING

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default

    ai ya, to me film or digital is the same..... just another way for the so call 'professional' out there to dig some money out of a new investment (their digi cam, computers, etc.). let's look at it at a simple point of view:

    i) Given the technology today, print will start to fade only over a long peroid of time. same as digital print out.

    ii) CD ? humid singapore weather!!! fungi like it a lot... just how many ppl out there will want to buy a air tight case for that CD?

    iii) retouching in PS, slide show, etc. for digital? print also got manual darkroom, then, at the end of the day, still got to pay attention to it presentation, cannot just give the photos in simple fuji or kodak album leh....

    Just my very own personnal point of view.....

  9. #9

    Default

    I think a traditional album is a must. It is easier to share with relatives and friends around. A properly mounted traditional album can last a long time (many years).

    CD...for me this should be a bonus or at little extra cost. In Johor, most wedding shops send their photos to Fuji or Kodak digital machine, and it is just another extra step of saving the digital files into a CD, and later convert to a standard slide show presentation.

    Regarding the CD storage, I believe fungus attack on CD very minor, and you can always burn/duplicate the CD yourself and give to relatives or backup. My few years old CDs are still working perfectly...just a wipe using wet cloth and all the fungus gone.


    DR KOH KHO KING

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    pics not bad taken.. cos taken by professor tan :P

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by RuthBaby


    they actualli enhance the pics by using computer?
    err.. tts what the boss claims...
    Well, that's what I meant by my point [1]. Even in the traditional darkroom prints, the print is phyiscally touched up using paints, etc. Painstaking process. Which is one of the reason why studio shots cost so much.

    Regards
    CK

    P.S. So you found the photographer already?

  12. #12

    Default

    wah, your face look like pirate(your avatar) also got people want.

    anyway, congratuate.

    I think marriage is a once in a life time thingy(unless u thinking of .... div........never mind). Traditional album is a must, you can show it to your child, grandchild next time. But in digital format, it will be faced out or replaced by another media. We are using Cd-rom now, who knows few years down the road this media will be replace by another?? So u going to transfer it to another media? troublesome isn't it? so how many times u have to do this over and over again? who going to do it when u are old?

    never trust or depand too much on digital techology.


    ps: not another digital vs analog thread. but, we need to accept the fact.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default

    never trust or depand too much on digital techology.


    ps: not another digital vs analog thread. but, we need to accept the fact. [/B][/QUOTE]

    All rite!!!! agreed totally!!!!


  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Originally posted by ninelives
    wah, your face look like pirate(your avatar) also got people want.

    anyway, congratuate.

    I think marriage is a once in a life time thingy(unless u thinking of .... div........never mind). Traditional album is a must, you can show it to your child, grandchild next time. But in digital format, it will be faced out or replaced by another media. We are using Cd-rom now, who knows few years down the road this media will be replace by another?? So u going to transfer it to another media? troublesome isn't it? so how many times u have to do this over and over again? who going to do it when u are old?

    never trust or depand too much on digital techology.


    ps: not another digital vs analog thread. but, we need to accept the fact.
    WaHAHaHAHA.. got ... long que... but i onli shortlist him...

    aniwae... its not my wedding... its my sis.. hurhurhur..
    mine still a long way to go...

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by RuthBaby
    WaHAHaHAHA.. got ... long que... but i onli shortlist him...
    Que from Singapore all the way through Sing~JB bridge? wah...whose the "lucky" guy?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Originally posted by Kho King


    Que from Singapore all the way through Sing~JB bridge? wah...whose the "lucky" guy?
    so near meh?
    i go gobalisation!!!

    :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •