Thread: Istanbul + Santorini in Mar?

Default Istanbul + Santorini in Mar?

Hi all,

Just happen that there could be a chance for me to go Istanbul in mid Mar.
    wonder is it a good timing? Would it be too cold?

Actually if cold is still ok (info shows about 6 C min, 15 C max), is it more rain at that period?

also, would it be meaningful to visit Santorini (Greek island) that time, since usually, people visit this place during summer / sept.

Thanks for your input.

Default Re: Istanbul + Santorini in Mar?

Hi,

It is never a miss to visit Santorini. You can checkout if there's any connecting Europe flight from Istanbul direct to Santorini. Try Easyjet, baltic air, Olympic Air and another forgot the two other's name. They are the budget air over there.

If you are going there as a couple it is should be end of winter/Spring. Nice place to go. You can rent a smart car for 2 and roam around with a simple map. spending about 2~3 days should be sufficient to cover the whole island. But to enjoy the beach; perhaps not due to the temperature.

Goto OIA and Fira to view the sunset. It is nice but I do not see it as "beautiful" as what many have claimed. But since you are in Istanbul, are you not visiting cappadocia; I missed visiting that place? Check it out, might be worthwhile to visit.

Default Re: Istanbul + Santorini in Mar?

Quote Originally Posted by rprod View Post
    Hi,

It is never a miss to visit Santorini. You can checkout if there's any connecting Europe flight from Istanbul direct to Santorini. Try Easyjet, baltic air, Olympic Air and another forgot the two other's name. They are the budget air over there.

If you are going there as a couple it is should be end of winter/Spring. Nice place to go. You can rent a smart car for 2 and roam around with a simple map. spending about 2~3 days should be sufficient to cover the whole island. But to enjoy the beach; perhaps not due to the temperature.

Goto OIA and Fira to view the sunset. It is nice but I do not see it as "beautiful" as what many have claimed. But since you are in Istanbul, are you not visiting cappadocia; I missed visiting that place? Check it out, might be worthwhile to visit.
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it
    After some checking, yes it is Olympic air, Aegean Air that flying around that area.
    There is a transit flight from Istanbul via Athens to Santorini. Not as cheap as I hope, but one way about 150 Euro all included.
    Easyjet will start a few flights around that area (Rome - Santorini / London - Santorini, etc) in June / Summer.

cappadocia looks a bit far from Istanbul from map - any idea what is the best way to go there?