Thread: Operating cam below 0 Degree?

Default Operating cam below 0 Degree?

Any ways to make the camera maintain 0 degree and above? =/ Cause i will be taking pics below 0 degree and from what i know the camera will not work until 0 degree..i tried it with my canon -8 it just won't On

Quote Originally Posted by Webbyboy
    Any ways to make the camera maintain 0 degree and above? =/ Cause i will be taking pics below 0 degree and from what i know the camera will not work until 0 degree..i tried it with my canon -8 it just won't On
    I think most pure mech camera will still function in lower than 0 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbyboy
    a. Keep it warm near your body, take it out only when you need to take picture.

b. Buy Cheap Cheap Mechnical Body

I think its best to bring extra batteries. Keep them warm always.
    Haha my old nikon f801 fires like a wild horse in temp below - 10 deg c.

Keep your batteries warm, close to your body.If you have a breast pocket,that would be nice....

It's most probably not the camera, but the power supply. Cold can severely affect power output from batteries. Use lithiums if you are going into really cold weather, and keep it warm....

Thumbs up

this link gives also some good info:

http://www.photo.net/equipment/fstau...oto-protection

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    It's most probably not the camera, but the power supply. Cold can severely affect power output from batteries. Use lithiums if you are going into really cold weather, and keep it warm....
    For a electronics camera, not only the cold affect the power supplies but also affect the LCD display too. Once, my Contax T3's LCD become very dark and slow during cold temp but still fire away. But my Leica M6 works flawlessly!

I brought my old D60 into the chilly -5 degree winds of France and it operated just fine. Batteries also worked ok except for one that conked out. Just remember to tuck your camera in your bag or under your coat when you're not shooting.

for digital cameras, make sure the front shutter open completely when you shoot a pic! my fren's shutter opened halfway without his realiasation, and all his shots are ruined...

always have spare batts with you on cold temperatures, and do not hang the camera outside.

My D100 works perfectly under 0C when I trekked in Nepal. But the battery life is about half, although I keep them close to my body all the time. So bring more batteries.

For those whose SLRs got battery packs, maybe u can gaffer tape those pocket warmers onto the battery packs to maintain the heat on the batteries so that the performance wun suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    For those whose SLRs got battery packs, maybe u can gaffer tape those pocket warmers onto the battery packs to maintain the heat on the batteries so that the performance wun suffer?
    Gaffer tape again???

Read: Gaffer tape to STICK THE POCKET WARMER ON THE BATTERY PACK.