Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation of flashlight for beginners

Default Re: Recommendation of flashlight for beginners

Yes sir,any comment on the Nissin i866 mark II (i tink so)...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7 View Post
    Yes sir,any comment on the Nissin i866 mark II (i tink so)...Thanks!
    I havn't use the Canon 580 EX before. So unable to do a direct compare. But compare to my 468 mk I and di866 mk II

Adv of di866 > Larger coverage, colour LCD, wireless support, sub flash, high speed sync

Dis-adv of di866 > recharge about 4~6 sec (eneloop std batteries, full charge), LCD screen response is slow (and should consume more batt), flash capacitor is noisy

Well... many people had been using the Nissin Di866 (and the newer Di866 mk II) for all type of photography, including the very demanding wedding photography with very little issues. I do heard something about overheating, but I believe all these flashes overheat if you keep on shooting at a fast speed and with little or no interruption to those shots. The good thing about third party flashes was that you can get around 2 for the same price as a 580EXII. They might not have 100% performance as compared to the 580EXII (the big word here is 'might') but I find their performance pretty close.

Anyway, for overheating of the flash issues... get two third party flashes, when one over heat, quickly change to the next one. They are cheap.

Heck, I have a YN565EX which cost me around S$2xx... and it is really good... the only thing lacking is that it cannot be use as a master to other flashes, but that is not a deal breaker for me.

I am considering getting another YN565EX... and if I have found out about this flash in the past, I will not get the 430EXII at all...

So it is up to you actually. For me... I will continue using third party flashes.

(PS. There are report that third party flashes sometime might not give you very consistence exposure... I have not experience that with my actually, but that is something you might want to consider too).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Hi, am a newbie here too. How about YN467 i-TTL? Saw e-bay selling...

Quote Originally Posted by Golagislow View Post
    Hi, am a newbie here too. How about YN467 i-TTL? Saw e-bay selling...
    Yongnuo YN-467 Speedlite Review (Canon / Nikon Flash) | Speedlights.net
    My lousy shots

Thanks Rhino123, this is very enlightening!

Hi bro I newbie in flash photographing intent to get a flash for my D5100 like Nissin Di866 Mark II Flash or Di622 Mark II , I wonder which is more suitable or compatible please enlighten me bro thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    Hi bro I newbie in flash photographing intent to get a flash for my D5100 like Nissin Di866 Mark II Flash or Di622 Mark II , I wonder which is more suitable or compatible please enlighten me bro thanks .
    Both can be used. The thing is... what flash photorgraphy are you intented to go into - portrait? macro?
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Both can be used. The thing is... what flash photorgraphy are you intented to go into - portrait? macro?
    Most probably portrait , bro

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    Most probably portrait , bro
    For portrait uses, whereby you would be quite near to your subject, you don't really need to throw your flash too far, a Di622 mkII is enough for your usage... and it is cheaper too...

However, to get a bigger flash (Di866 mk II, YN 565EX, SB910) would give you a more powerful flash that the Di622 could not. And it can be very useful if you want that power... for whatever usage... just watch out for overheating issues whereby you fired too many shots one after another without letting your flash rest.

Btw... both the Di866 and Di622 support ittl for your Nikon cameras, but I would personally prefer the Di866 because I like its user interface. Do consider Yongnuo... or get the Nikon's SB700 (which is a fabulous speedlite)
    My lousy shots

For portrait uses, whereby you would be quite near to your subject, you don't really need to throw your flash too far, a Di622 mkII is enough for your usage... and it is cheaper too...

However, to get a bigger flash (Di866 mk II, YN 565EX, SB910) would give you a more powerful flash that the Di622 could not. And it can be very useful if you want that power... for whatever usage... just watch out for overheating issues whereby you fired too many shots one after another without letting your flash rest.

Btw... both the Di866 and Di622 support ittl for your Nikon cameras, but I would personally prefer the Di866 because I like its user interface. Do consider Yongnuo... or get the Nikon's SB700 (which is a fabulous speedlite)
    Ok bro thanks I even thought of getting 2nd SB700 but its too risky cost abt $350+ most warranty expired

Bro, in terms of raw power alone, Di622 wins all recent Nikon flashes (except SB-800), the king is Di866 (and mkII) with a GN value of 41
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Bro, in terms of raw power alone, Di622 wins all recent Nikon flashes (except SB-800), the king is Di866 (and mkII) with a GN value of 41
    In that case I don consider to get USED SB 700 its over my budget , might consider Di622,mark II or Di866mark II . Thanks for all the information bros..

Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

In that case I don consider to get USED SB 700 its over my budget , might consider Di622,mark II or Di866mark II . Thanks for all the information bros..
    Bro, dun be mistaken by the GN value (unless that's all you care), there are reasons why you would want to purchase an original flash. Having lower GN value does not mean they are weak in all. Attributes such as accuracy of TTL and flash recycling power are to be considered.

For starters, it's not wrong to go for a 3rd party flash such as Nissin or YN. But you might want to see if you want to jump straight to a OEM flash. There's no right and wrong answer but points for you to consider carefully.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Just get the Canon 580EX II and don't look back... whether simple use or difficult use... it will last you a long time and suitable for all occasion..... why buy one low power one later spend more $$$ to get better one.... buy one time and no need to bother about it anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Bro, dun be mistaken by the GN value (unless that's all you care), there are reasons why you would want to purchase an original flash. Having lower GN value does not mean they are weak in all. Attributes such as accuracy of TTL and flash recycling power are to be considered.

For starters, it's not wrong to go for a 3rd party flash such as Nissin or YN. But you might want to see if you want to jump straight to a OEM flash. There's no right and wrong answer but points for you to consider carefully.
    Hi guys I finally got a new SB700 after consideration . Thanks guys

Enjoy!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow
    Enjoy!
    Hahaha..guess u got a lot more to learn ....

Enjoy!
    I mean I got lot more to learn from u guys are pro bro ..

Enjoy!
    Too excited oleti ..typing error ...heeee..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast