Thread: Need advice on PS workflow

Default Need advice on PS workflow

Hi Guys,

I need advise on how I can improve this photo with Photoshop? I need the work flow please...

Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

Default Re: Need advice on PS workflow

depends on what you're trying to achieve. what were you trying to convey when you took the shot?

me i'd probably chop the upper half off to make it look more pano, straighten the horizon, and boost contrast a little. but that's just me. others might go for the dreamy hazy winter-morning look. or do some sort of cross-process. really depends on individual.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

difficult to say, we don't know what you want to do? What I can see form the ( very compressed ) online version already, is , that it ( the town/ coastline I mean) is not sharp. You can't create details that are not there . So, I might improve the clouds a bit , make them more dramatic, to led the focus away from the unsharp details of the town .
    But, as pasay said, you ask 100 people what to do, you will get 120 different opinions.
    Last edited by Achim Reh; 19th December 2011 at 07:25 PM.

a quick play with curves and Unsharp mask can give something like this, depends on what you want, you may need to tweak the settings a little:

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    depends on what you're trying to achieve. what were you trying to convey when you took the shot?

me i'd probably chop the upper half off to make it look more pano, straighten the horizon, and boost contrast a little. but that's just me. others might go for the dreamy hazy winter-morning look. or do some sort of cross-process. really depends on individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achim Reh View Post
    difficult to say, we don't know what you want to do? What I can see form the ( very compressed ) online version already, is , that it ( the town/ coastline I mean) is not sharp. You can't create details that are not there . So, I might improve the clouds a bit , make them more dramatic, to led the focus away from the unsharp details of the town .
    But, as pasay said, you ask 100 people what to do, you will get 120 different opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    a quick play with curves and Unsharp mask can give something like this, depends on what you want, you may need to tweak the settings a little:

this certinly looks much better...Thanks!
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Achim Reh View Post
    Sorry I just can't find the correct word to describe what I want. Achim just reminded me, I want a more dramatic effect on the clouds & more contrast on the mountains...

actually you didn't need advice on PS workflow...
    You needed advice on what can be done to help a image shine.
    A workflow is a plan that will help experienced users get a image to shine faster.

To make this image pop, i will
    use a square crop,
    turn it into b/w,
    bump the contrast,
    sharpen the peaks
    dodge and burn the clouds to make it more dramatic
    and maybe even a white vignetting

Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim View Post
    actually you didn't need advice on PS workflow...
    You needed advice on what can be done to help a image shine.
    A workflow is a plan that will help experienced users get a image to shine faster.

To make this image pop, i will
    use a square crop,
    turn it into b/w,
    bump the contrast,
    sharpen the peaks
    dodge and burn the clouds to make it more dramatic
    and maybe even a white vignetting
    Tks Bro. Let me try it out...