Thread: Lexar Professional 80X WA Series CompactFlash

Default Lexar Professional 80X WA Series CompactFlash

Does anyone know whether Canon DSLR support the Write Acceleration Technology (WA) of the above memory card. Found out from this site that says it doesn't. EastGear

Any clue??

Yes right? But it depends on the body's write speed too. For 300D, it's very much capped at 1.1mb+/s whereas the 20D is 5mb/s currently. And it seems like the lexar 80x able to meet the 20D's write speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L
    Yes right? But it depends on the body's write speed too. For 300D, it's very much capped at 1.1mb+/s whereas the 20D is 5mb/s currently. And it seems like the lexar 80x able to meet the 20D's write speed.
    Does that mean I need not go for the 80X for my 20D since it is capped at 5mb/s? 40X should be good enough since it has a write speed of 6mb/s.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD
    Does that mean I need not go for the 80X for my 20D since it is capped at 5mb/s? 40X should be good enough since it has a write speed of 6mb/s.
    No, it actually makes a difference. For all cards the maximum speed (shown by XXtimes) are 40-50% realistically speaking.

You can read up the difference here.
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-7303