Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sitex 25th to 28th Nov

Quote Originally Posted by bwilly
    Most of the IT products are comparable to what you can get from SLS.
    Except for the price of some memory cards, about few dollars cheaper only.

If you have no need for the memory cards now, wait, the price will drop.

Most of the vendors are from SLS, pricing comparable also.
    With additional rent of booth, dun expect price of their stuffs to be cheaper from what you can get from SLS.

The price of cameras, normal retail pricing with some goodies bundled in.
    Outside like from AP or MS will give you better price.
    you guys have forgotten abt "loss makers".

there will always be a few like that. so if you're lucky, you could be there just in time to grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon78
    Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, then there was these guy (think he works in Nikon) ask me wat was i testing.

I told him i was looking at the AF speed and D2H was out of the pic considering the noise which was rather obvious even when a flash was activated.

However, this guy claimed that Nikon is how gd n hw gd.... and wat the press pple uses... coz he supplied cameras to the press....

i told him that frm my observation, there are alot of press pple using Canon 1D MK II and still there are some nikon user frm the press, then this guy was so PISSED... he told me if canon is so good... ask me to go buy CANON lor....

I m a professional photographer that have been using Nikon for many years and in studio we uses anything frm sinar, horseman,toyoview, canon, nikon and hasslebland and mamiya....

I was so pissed off by this kind of attitude by the nikon pple and I hope anyone from Nikon will look into this matter and have the proper "training" for the staff.... coz I would say NIKON staff are rather stuck UP.....

Pls note that I m both a canon n nikon user... and a very disappointing NIKON user....

jz my 2 cents....
    From what I have observed in past exhibitions.. the sales person you were talking to is likely one of the nikon resellers and not a nikon staff.

Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    From what I have observed in past exhibitions.. the sales person you were talking to is likely one of the nikon resellers and not a nikon staff.
    the nikon reseller they partnered with this year seems to be APO Photo. who're they? not one of the bigger players. address is given as Lucky Plaza..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Well we always fall under one of these

1) Canon ppt who know only Canon product and know nothing about Nikon product who claim Canon is the best
    2) Nikon ppt who know only Nikon product and know nothing about Canon product who claim Nikon is the best
    3) Canon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Canon is the best
    4) Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Nikon is the best

5) Canon ppt who know only Canon product too well and know nothing about Nikon product who think maybe Nikon is better
    6) Nikon ppt who know only Nikon product too well and know nothing about Canon product who think maybe Canon is better
    7) Canon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Nikon is the best
    8) Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Canon is the best

9) Canon/Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that other brand is the better
    10) so etc .........

No point angry with them as long as we are happy with our own camera.
    haha u forgot the small population of ppl, who knows Nikon and Canon, and instead of saying which one is better, tell the truth and let the customer decide one which brand or which function they really need instead. I.E Nikon good for macro, canon gives good vivid colors(p&s) and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    To be honest, most of the SITEX personnel know nuts about the stuff that they are selling. And I don't think that these Nikon promoters are from Nikon as well. Most probably they are some camera shop.

They are just probably part-timers who want to earn a quick buck by being sales promoters.

I was going around surveying the new products for my organization, and to be honest, how many people there know their products well? When questioned, most of them gave vague/stupid answers, and had to constantly refer back to their brochures for tech specs.

And seriously, I don't think exhibitions are the best ways to request for technical answers. Our exhbitions are not like Photokinas/PMAs (we wished it were), and you're probably better off by going to CP/AP/reading up on the Internet.

Some of them even shot themselves in the foot by giving wrong answers and misleading comments (ie, Ours is the best, blah blah blah...)

If you know that they are giving wrong comments, just keep quiet, and act dumb. At least you know what that they are trying to "smoke" you.

well.. i'm a camera user and i've done photoshoots and such... not all the promoters are terrible.. though i'm a Nikon user myself, i bothered to read up on canon products before promoting them.. but i agree... mosst of the promoters are just part time... or from individual shops which send representitives there

Most Promoters or maybe not ?? are given crash course prior to the exhibition starts and they may not be able to have a firm understanding of the products they are promoting ... in anyway the normal staff should be there to help and supervise them and provides guidance ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234