Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sitex 25th to 28th Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    haha ..... repent ... come to the bright side >>>> Canon and be canonised ...
    Nik Can .... hehe

actually the problem lies in the corporate mentality of Singapore companies .... professional marketing manpower are clustered into the Sales Division and as such they are all trained to believe that their own products are the best and that there is no comparision and Singaporean sales ppl are not trained to accept product comparison - just look at our advertising laws, you are not allowed to compare different brands in any advertisements. As such who is to be blamed .... since birth we are all brainwashed to believe that our own products are always the best in the world, be it the Government, the environment, our products, culture, etc...., in short we are not trained to accept criticism ....we are all kiasu and kiasi.
    surprise to heard someone admit singaporean cannot accept criticism. believe own company product/government/culture is the best can boost spiritual as well.
    there alway pros n cons
    there was a lady told me that canon product is not good also

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nikon78
    Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, then there was these guy (think he works in Nikon) ask me wat was i testing.

I told him i was looking at the AF speed and D2H was out of the pic considering the noise which was rather obvious even when a flash was activated.

However, this guy claimed that Nikon is how gd n hw gd.... and wat the press pple uses... coz he supplied cameras to the press....

i told him that frm my observation, there are alot of press pple using Canon 1D MK II and still there are some nikon user frm the press, then this guy was so PISSED... he told me if canon is so good... ask me to go buy CANON lor....

I m a professional photographer that have been using Nikon for many years and in studio we uses anything frm sinar, horseman,toyoview, canon, nikon and hasslebland and mamiya....

I was so pissed off by this kind of attitude by the nikon pple and I hope anyone from Nikon will look into this matter and have the proper "training" for the staff.... coz I would say NIKON staff are rather stuck UP.....

Pls note that I m both a canon n nikon user... and a very disappointing NIKON user....

jz my 2 cents....
    if you need to get it off your chest, shoot an email to Mr Yasuyuki Ohtsuka, MD, Nikon Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon78
    Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, then there was these guy (think he works in Nikon) ask me wat was i testing.

I told him i was looking at the AF speed and D2H was out of the pic considering the noise which was rather obvious even when a flash was activated.

However, this guy claimed that Nikon is how gd n hw gd.... and wat the press pple uses... coz he supplied cameras to the press....

i told him that frm my observation, there are alot of press pple using Canon 1D MK II and still there are some nikon user frm the press, then this guy was so PISSED... he told me if canon is so good... ask me to go buy CANON lor....

I m a professional photographer that have been using Nikon for many years and in studio we uses anything frm sinar, horseman,toyoview, canon, nikon and hasslebland and mamiya....

I was so pissed off by this kind of attitude by the nikon pple and I hope anyone from Nikon will look into this matter and have the proper "training" for the staff.... coz I would say NIKON staff are rather stuck UP.....

Pls note that I m both a canon n nikon user... and a very disappointing NIKON user....

jz my 2 cents....
    Well we always fall under one of these

1) Canon ppt who know only Canon product and know nothing about Nikon product who claim Canon is the best
    2) Nikon ppt who know only Nikon product and know nothing about Canon product who claim Nikon is the best
    3) Canon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Canon is the best
    4) Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Nikon is the best

5) Canon ppt who know only Canon product too well and know nothing about Nikon product who think maybe Nikon is better
    6) Nikon ppt who know only Nikon product too well and know nothing about Canon product who think maybe Canon is better
    7) Canon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Nikon is the best
    8) Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that Canon is the best

9) Canon/Nikon ppt who know both Canon and Nikon product who claim that other brand is the better
    10) so etc .........

No point angry with them as long as we are happy with our own camera.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Ya, Nikon sales ppl sucks! was there too!

Quote Originally Posted by stout
    Ya, Nikon sales ppl sucks! was there too!
    Now u make me worry, will be going there later. Hope they don't attack me cos my lens is not black in colour
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Now u make me worry, will be going there later. Hope they don't attack me cos my lens is not black in colour
    ur lense is not black? canon L lense user
    hmm.... nikon model is pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    No problem lah. Think I will bring my 400mm there and shoot them from Canon booth loh.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

[QUOTE=nikon78]Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, [QUOTE]

Sorry to OT...so how's the speed and accuracy of the AF on the D70 compared to the F100? Just curious...and how's the noise of the D70 at higer ISO's?

Quote Originally Posted by danster
    Sorry to OT...so how's the speed and accuracy of the AF on the D70 compared to the F100? Just curious...and how's the noise of the D70 at higer ISO's?
    D70 is using the F80 body, which is using the CAM900 module, not like the F100 (CAM1300). F100 will still be faster in terms of AF. Look at www.dpreview.com for the noise analysis of the D70.

panasonic gals quite chio, sony also not bad

Quote Originally Posted by daylight
    panasonic gals quite chio, sony also not bad
    Any pictures?

Default Something happened at Expo today

Wow,

Went there this afternoon. The PA system keep boardcast

"The situation in this building is under control. Sorry for any inconvenient cause"

I still don't know what happened. Just get a free apple t-shirt from apple booth and left shortly.
    Last edited by DarkForce; 26th November 2004 at 07:46 PM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

To be honest, most of the SITEX personnel know nuts about the stuff that they are selling. And I don't think that these Nikon promoters are from Nikon as well. Most probably they are some camera shop.

They are just probably part-timers who want to earn a quick buck by being sales promoters.

I was going around surveying the new products for my organization, and to be honest, how many people there know their products well? When questioned, most of them gave vague/stupid answers, and had to constantly refer back to their brochures for tech specs.

And seriously, I don't think exhibitions are the best ways to request for technical answers. Our exhbitions are not like Photokinas/PMAs (we wished it were), and you're probably better off by going to CP/AP/reading up on the Internet.

Some of them even shot themselves in the foot by giving wrong answers and misleading comments (ie, Ours is the best, blah blah blah...)

If you know that they are giving wrong comments, just keep quiet, and act dumb. At least you know what that they are trying to "smoke" you.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    And seriously, I don't think exhibitions are the best ways to request for technical answers. Our exhbitions are not like Photokinas/PMAs (we wished it were), and you're probably better off by going to CP/AP/reading up on the Internet.
    I totally agree with you on this. Better to do your homework first before leaving for Sitex. Need to know the market prices too, in order to get good deals.

exactly so..
    Do all the homework, go there just grab n go..
    The place is chaos.. parking is killing..

Lightbulb

caveat emptor(let the buyers be aware)

is Fuji digital printing there?
    Last edited by reachme2003; 26th November 2004 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Somebody apparently scanned in all the brochures here

http://www.sajc04s81.org/SITEX/
    hmm..how come i only get A-L. anyone got the M-Z page?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    hmm..how come i only get A-L. anyone got the M-Z page?
    Here:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=102998

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    hmm.... din't notice nikon girl there.... but one girl at Canon booth is just pretty.... not the usual model dressing, but got the Qi4 Zhi2, very friendly also!! must visit Canon booth ok?!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Wow,

Went there this afternoon. The PA system keep boardcast

"The situation in this building is under control. Sorry for any inconvenient cause"

I still don't know what happened. Just get a free apple t-shirt from apple booth and left shortly.
    nothing happened as far as i could see. except that the fire alarm went off just before that.

and true to style, everyone (moi included) continued shopping as if we heard nothing.

and 10 mins later came that announcement without any explanation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast