Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: Sitex 25th to 28th Nov

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    West area
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken111111
    can... but if u're shooting the promoters, ask for their permission first....
    not necessary, IMO. just do some candid shots.

  2. #22

    Default Lexar 80X 512mb for $95

    Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb
    but one thing to note is first 100 entries only... anyway hoping got some great memory card offers...
    just came back from sitex, fyi Eastgear is selling lexar 512mb for $95
    1gb for $169 and 2Gb for $299...wow just 5 months ago i bought the 512 for $195 haha think 6 months later 1Gb CF card will be ard that range to0 haha

  3. #23

    Default Nikon goodie bag

    Hello peeps... I'm totally new here
    Anyone got the Nikon goodie bag from the booth today? What's inside ar? Saw that it was worth S$50.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by actionman
    just came back from sitex, fyi Eastgear is selling lexar 512mb for $95
    1gb for $169 and 2Gb for $299...wow just 5 months ago i bought the 512 for $195 haha think 6 months later 1Gb CF card will be ard that range to0 haha
    Lexar 32X SD 1gb can be obtained for less at song brothers SLS.

    Olympus E-300 is available for
    SG$1699.00
    incs: 2 pieces of 1 GB card
    camera bag
    Incs 1 kit lens
    $100 deposit, pick up camera in 2nd week of DEC

    Lucky draw- one of those who order may get it for
    free if you are lucky

    Pansonic FX7
    $799 comes with 1 256mb SD
    1 spare battery
    1 camera bag.

    ^^ Not a deal.. can be obtained
    else where for cheaper
    IE: $645 + 1 sd 256 card

    You can get cheap batteries from eastgear


    According to my friends who has stalls
    at the show.. the rental for this show
    is quite expensive.

    Babes? I think the 2004 car show was
    much better.

    Regds
    Allan

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malakite
    haha
    i just found out... I working there too!!!! canon booth.
    strangely enuf... i'm a nikon user....
    Tell the Canon customers to buy Nikon?? Oops.. Sure kana flame by Canonians.. hee.. juz kidding okie??

  6. #26

    Default

    Any deals on portable storage? eg: phototainer?

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Somebody apparently scanned in all the brochures here

    http://www.sajc04s81.org/SITEX/

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by actionman
    just came back from sitex, fyi Eastgear is selling lexar 512mb for $95
    1gb for $169 and 2Gb for $299...wow just 5 months ago i bought the 512 for $195 haha think 6 months later 1Gb CF card will be ard that range to0 haha

    If you staying north central area no need to go sitex until so far get memory, MSColor @ AMK sells $169 for 1GB LEXAR 80X

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbyboy
    If you staying north central area no need to go sitex until so far get memory, MSColor @ AMK sells $169 for 1GB LEXAR 80X
    But my buying experience with MSColor was very bad, very bad indeed.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Somebody apparently scanned in all the brochures here

    http://www.sajc04s81.org/SITEX/
    Fwhaa!

    power...

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbyboy
    If you staying north central area no need to go sitex until so far get memory, MSColor @ AMK sells $169 for 1GB LEXAR 80X
    but nothing beats shopping at sitex.

    toys toys toys everywhere you look.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    not necessary, IMO. just do some candid shots.
    Apparently not all promoters feel comfortabled to be photographed...
    I got rejected by a few today...

    Noticed a few motorshow models there.... including 1 of the subaru girl, a mazda girl, an a toyota girl.... there

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Near Bishan Gardens
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    But my buying experience with MSColor was very bad, very bad indeed.
    OT: Care to explain more? I frequent there quite often. Some of their things are not the lowest in the market but they offer very competitive price. So far i buy things from them quite ok leh... Their staff quite friendly...
    Birth Age Illness Death - The Beauty of life

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckbekeong
    OT: Care to explain more? I frequent there quite often. Some of their things are not the lowest in the market but they offer very competitive price. So far i buy things from them quite ok leh... Their staff quite friendly...

    Ya they are quite friendly mah, they even tell me their prices are one of the lowest

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    But my buying experience with MSColor was very bad, very bad indeed.
    Really? Mine (as well as many others here) has always been very good. Maybe you went on a bad day.

  16. #36

    Default

    Most of the IT products are comparable to what you can get from SLS.
    Except for the price of some memory cards, about few dollars cheaper only.

    If you have no need for the memory cards now, wait, the price will drop.

    Most of the vendors are from SLS, pricing comparable also.
    With additional rent of booth, dun expect price of their stuffs to be cheaper from what you can get from SLS.

    The price of cameras, normal retail pricing with some goodies bundled in.
    Outside like from AP or MS will give you better price.

    Check out the printer consumables. I got my Epson cartridges at 20%.
    Look for Sepoms booth, they have one for one offer for their paper.

    4R (4 x 6) 235gm $19.80 for 100pcs pkt - free another pkt.
    cost ~ $0.10 Tested the printout, almost as good as photo studio.

    A4 180gm 20pcs pkt $10.80 free another pkt.
    cost $0.27 per pc for A4 blown up. Tested printout, noted very slight dull in colour. Good price, ignoring cost of ink, less than 30cents for a A4 pic. Worth it..!

    A4 260 20pcs pkt $19.80 free another pkt
    cost $0.495 per pc for A4 blown up. Not yet test, but sample pic printed at Sitex, shown more vibrant.

  17. #37

    Default

    That means actually people cannot get at better deal at Sitex? Maybe should look at other place like SLS from prices before buying.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    That means actually people cannot get at better deal at Sitex? Maybe should look at other place like SLS from prices before buying.
    It is not that you can't get a good deal at Sitex or any other commercialised tradeshows. The original objectives of EX (exhibition) include: launching of new products, new technologies, new players, etc.. Then as the costs of holding such shows became expensive, everyone realised that they can recover some if not all of the costs by selling to the consumers and cutting out the middleman commssion. Also it's the time to get rid of all the obsolate items because the new models will be in soon.
    In the past, middleman commssion is in the double digits and as such consumers realised that they can get some savinsg buying from such shows. Nowadays, middleman's commssion is in the meagre single digit and even if the agents sell direct you can see only slight savings to the "pro" buyers.
    There are pros and cons in buying from such "pasar malan" tradeshows in Singapore. To the "pro" buyers who frequent SLS, etc .. there is actually no need to buy anything from such show excepts for some items that they really need urgently or difficult to find outside, and probably they can save only a little (couple of dollars?).
    But to the many thousands of others (who are not so "pro" in buying IT products) such shows are heaven's sent because they can test out/preview/ compare the full range of such products and also the prices as compared to the published prices are so much difference. As such it is a "perceived" good place/time/value to buy a product they believed is sold at such ridiculous prices because their usual IT shop is either Best Denki/HN? Lucky Plaza, etc... Also they will also received a lot of free goodies not available anywhere else.
    The record sales figures and attendence will attest to the conlusion that such shows provide very good values to the majority consumers.
    always the Light, .... always.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    AMK ave 3
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, then there was these guy (think he works in Nikon) ask me wat was i testing.

    I told him i was looking at the AF speed and D2H was out of the pic considering the noise which was rather obvious even when a flash was activated.

    However, this guy claimed that Nikon is how gd n hw gd.... and wat the press pple uses... coz he supplied cameras to the press....

    i told him that frm my observation, there are alot of press pple using Canon 1D MK II and still there are some nikon user frm the press, then this guy was so PISSED... he told me if canon is so good... ask me to go buy CANON lor....

    I m a professional photographer that have been using Nikon for many years and in studio we uses anything frm sinar, horseman,toyoview, canon, nikon and hasslebland and mamiya....

    I was so pissed off by this kind of attitude by the nikon pple and I hope anyone from Nikon will look into this matter and have the proper "training" for the staff.... coz I would say NIKON staff are rather stuck UP.....

    Pls note that I m both a canon n nikon user... and a very disappointing NIKON user....

    jz my 2 cents....

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikon78
    Well the worst part was that in the sitex show... i was testing the Nikon D70 and checking the AF accuracy n speed, coz i wanted it to be comparable to my F100 AF speed, then there was these guy (think he works in Nikon) ask me wat was i testing.

    I told him i was looking at the AF speed and D2H was out of the pic considering the noise which was rather obvious even when a flash was activated.

    However, this guy claimed that Nikon is how gd n hw gd.... and wat the press pple uses... coz he supplied cameras to the press....

    i told him that frm my observation, there are alot of press pple using Canon 1D MK II and still there are some nikon user frm the press, then this guy was so PISSED... he told me if canon is so good... ask me to go buy CANON lor....

    I m a professional photographer that have been using Nikon for many years and in studio we uses anything frm sinar, horseman,toyoview, canon, nikon and hasslebland and mamiya....

    I was so pissed off by this kind of attitude by the nikon pple and I hope anyone from Nikon will look into this matter and have the proper "training" for the staff.... coz I would say NIKON staff are rather stuck UP.....

    Pls note that I m both a canon n nikon user... and a very disappointing NIKON user....

    jz my 2 cents....

    haha ..... repent ... come to the bright side >>>> Canon and be canonised ...
    Nik Can .... hehe

    actually the problem lies in the corporate mentality of Singapore companies .... professional marketing manpower are clustered into the Sales Division and as such they are all trained to believe that their own products are the best and that there is no comparision and Singaporean sales ppl are not trained to accept product comparison - just look at our advertising laws, you are not allowed to compare different brands in any advertisements. As such who is to be blamed .... since birth we are all brainwashed to believe that our own products are always the best in the world, be it the Government, the environment, our products, culture, etc...., in short we are not trained to accept criticism ....we are all kiasu and kiasi.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •