Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: helpppppppppppppppppp

taufiq, do make sure you have sufficient memory capacity for all the shots that you'll be taking. Also, bring along fully-charged spare batteries just in case. you might want to shoot everything in large jpeg so that the couple have the option of printing big if they wanted. most importantly, if you're not comfortable with the camera yet, use back your familiar equipment or reject the shoot.

btw, I shoot jpegs for events and it's not an issue doing post processing on them. usually, most just need only minor adjustments if any.

And to add... don't forget a backup body. Even if its prosumer or film. You'd never know. And you can't say, "Can you repeat your wedding?" Or better yet, invite some folks here to back you up. Free body plus photog attached.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just out of curiousity have you ever shot with digital before?
    Yes, but not dslr, on 2 different prosumer cameras, I have even done editorial shoots, wedding shoots, product shoots for ads and flyers, on location and in the studio. What else do you want to know. I like you, you are a person with an opinion and not afraid to stand by it. But as I said experiment and judge for yourself.

I read from dpreview a similar post regarding indoor wedding photography. Sorry could not remember the link. Anyway I took down some notes and here it is :

Use Spot metering
    Focus on the face of the primary person
    Set the D70 to +0.3 exposure compensation
    Set the SB800 to regular TTL
    Adjust the flash exposure compensation as follow
    > 0 for white dominant scene
    > minus 1/3 for balanced black/white scene
    > minus 2/3 for black dominant scene

To brighten the background, set the SB800 to wide angle (24mm) and leave it there. Use bounce flash wherever possible.

I tried this at home at night under incandescent lighting and it works fine. For WB I used flash. Perhaps you may want to try this before the actual day and see if it works for you.
    Last edited by Steven; 18th November 2004 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo error (many = may)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Yes, but not dslr, on 2 different prosumer cameras, I have even done editorial shoots, wedding shoots, product shoots for ads and flyers, on location and in the studio. What else do you want to know. I like you, you are a person with an opinion and not afraid to stand by it. But as I said experiment and judge for yourself.
    Don't have to get too defensive, just wondering only.

Blog Entries

I always enjoy a good discussion, it was fun. I would like to meet you. Maybe at the next SEED. But let me get my D70 first, and then I will pick your brains for stuff that I don't know. Cheers, till we meet again.

Deregistered

'tis true, cos only when 'sparring' will one see what the others see.

I don't go to SEED(s), however, most of my evenings are spent @ Spinelli's beside Ruby instead.

My brains are mostly empty, nothing for you to pick

'tis true, cos only when 'sparring' will one see what the others see.

I don't go to SEED(s), however, most of my evenings are spent @ Spinelli's beside Ruby instead.

My brains are mostly empty, nothing for you to pick
    You're like a permanent fixture there.... is the coffee there that good!?
    Hahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    And to add... don't forget a backup body.
    yea yea...i once loaned my DSLR to a fellow photographer becoz his S2Pro died while shooting...and he used a SLR to tahan first before driving over to my place to pick up my DSLR to use for the nite wedding dinner...

well...you never know ...back up is important...

Deregistered

zplus: Aiyoh drink until don't know what to drink liao mostly just sit there and don't order. Cos really dunnoe what to drink

aoelof: What can go wrong will go wrong, even if your friend brought 10 1Ds there, murphy's law will ensure it will go wrong. Heehee... but backup is always necessary

aoelof: What can go wrong will go wrong, even if your friend brought 10 1Ds there, murphy's law will ensure it will go wrong. Heehee... but backup is always necessary
    haha...i agree fully!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    taufiq, do make sure you have sufficient memory capacity for all the shots that you'll be taking. Also, bring along fully-charged spare batteries just in case. you might want to shoot everything in large jpeg so that the couple have the option of printing big if they wanted. most importantly, if you're not comfortable with the camera yet, use back your familiar equipment or reject the shoot.

btw, I shoot jpegs for events and it's not an issue doing post processing on them. usually, most just need only minor adjustments if any.
    thanks...its actuallynot a paid job....there are other photographers...its just that these ppl are friends..and btw..the support here is overwhelming...excellent job on the site...

as for all others who suggested raw....errmmm well...not enough storage...spent almost 3k on the whole gear and have enough to buy 1 gb card..and btw ppl dont flame lah...i come from a manual background...i hate flash and i always play with the shutter and apertures...use a tripod and shutter release...will never go wrong...and yes bracket.

my work is mostly on b/w as its amazing..colour bores me...i see more color in b/w images...so to speak..haha...have worked mostly with view cameras and medium format cams....pentax..etc...so this foray into the digital business is and can be overwhelming as i am from the old school...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123