Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tripod on a budget

Default Re: Tripod on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I see. I'll take that into consideration when I get the next aluminium tripod after this one falls apart.

Hopefully it will last a while, since I have a wooden tripod for sea... That seems to be holding up pretty fine - in part because well, it's "open" and much easier to clean.
    my past experience with sirui tripod is that the screws will start to corrode first. I am referring to the 2 screws on the start of each leg(to tighten the opening/closing leg angles)

Usually there is no need to tighten the legs as they don't get loose easily to the extent that u need to go tighten it.

but its an important point to take note if you shoot in/near the sea. Because if you don't clean these screws and especially the linings inside of it... once it corrodes, you'll realise the allen key will not fit in properly for you to tighten the legs when you want to. And the truth is, it corrodes easily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by takafan View Post
    my past experience with sirui tripod is that the screws will start to corrode first. I am referring to the 2 screws on the start of each leg(to tighten the opening/closing leg angles)

Usually there is no need to tighten the legs as they don't get loose easily to the extent that u need to go tighten it.

but its an important point to take note if you shoot in/near the sea. Because if you don't clean these screws and especially the linings inside of it... once it corrodes, you'll realise the allen key will not fit in properly for you to tighten the legs when you want to. And the truth is, it corrodes easily.
    If you foresee shooting in or near the ocean, it maybe wise to spend a couple of bucks and buy stainless steel replacement nuts, bolts and washers from the hardware store. There is a very good one specializing in all kinds of screws off Sungei road, under the block of flats. Bring your tripod or nuts/bolts/washers there to find the exact match.

I see. I'll take that into consideration when I get the next aluminium tripod after this one falls apart.

Hopefully it will last a while, since I have a wooden tripod for sea... That seems to be holding up pretty fine - in part because well, it's "open" and much easier to clean.
    O_O WOODEN TRIPOD?!

Quote Originally Posted by megain View Post
    O_O WOODEN TRIPOD?!

Products Listing Tripods from Berlebach Tripods

Yes, mine are turning reddish... I should try to clean it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    If you work near Kallang Way, can visit Singapore Spring for comprehensive range of springs.
    Only thing is you'll need to understand the different dimensions and terms 'spring rate', 'free length', 'wire diameter', 'OD', etc., coz the ladies at the counter are a bit... unreliable
    sexist....

but this is so true

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

If you foresee shooting in or near the ocean, it maybe wise to spend a couple of bucks and buy stainless steel replacement nuts, bolts and washers from the hardware store. There is a very good one specializing in all kinds of screws off Sungei road, under the block of flats. Bring your tripod or nuts/bolts/washers there to find the exact match.
    Oh yup i know about that store. It's actually under the multi-storey carpark behind the coffee shop. 2nd store from the left iirc. Hmm.. nuts and washers might be easier, but the Allen-keyed screws I'm not that sure. What I mean is that I'm sure they have something of the same thread size but the head of the screw might not necessary be the same to fit into the slot for the head of the screw. But anyway still worth a try. Much thanks for the suggestion!

Blog Entries

Oh yup i know about that store. It's actually under the multi-storey carpark behind the coffee shop. 2nd store from the left iirc. Hmm.. nuts and washers might be easier, but the Allen-keyed screws I'm not that sure. What I mean is that I'm sure they have something of the same thread size but the head of the screw might not necessary be the same to fit into the slot for the head of the screw. But anyway still worth a try. Much thanks for the suggestion!
    Multistorey CP? different one I think... The one I am talking about is off Kelantan Road side.

They stock a full range of screws, nuts and bolts, including allen key ones.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Multistorey CP? different one I think... The one I am talking about is off Kelantan Road side.

They stock a full range of screws, nuts and bolts, including allen key ones.

I am refering to the one at Kelantan Road too.

There is also another one further down too, along syed alwi road ~

LOL wa so ulu ah. I think I too lazy to go there just to get stainless bolts. Maybe I'll replace them when they really do rust(don't foresee much beach shots yet). Thanks for troubling yourself with the photo though!

LOL wa so ulu ah. I think I too lazy to go there just to get stainless bolts. Maybe I'll replace them when they really do rust(don't foresee much beach shots yet). Thanks for troubling yourself with the photo though!
    Its not that difficult to search for a photo. Its as easy as doing a google search but sometimes people are just lazy.

This place is not difficult to get to. If you know where Sungei Road is, its just right beside. 10mins walk(or 15mins if u are slow), from Bugis Mrt.

If you drive, its just along Jalan Besar and then u turn into Kelantan Lane/Road. Easily accessible.

I just checked TK's website and I realised there's a promotion for T-1204X & T-1205X tripods. So I'm wondering, what's the difference between these 2 tripods and the R series ones?(esp. R1204)

I just checked TK's website and I realised there's a promotion for T-1204X & T-1205X tripods. So I'm wondering, what's the difference between these 2 tripods and the R series ones?(esp. R1204)
    T series tripods, if you check the stats on TK's website , are meant to be more compact. T = Traveller.

The T series tripods allow you to fold the legs in on the tripod head. They are also designed to be smaller, but the maximum height is nothing to shout about compared to the R2004, probably more comparable to R1204.

For the best way to see what I mean, you should head down to see the tripods in reality.

LOL Instead of going to Bugis/Bugis junction... just cross Rochor Road and go down the side street and you're there

You'll find more interesting things @these shops than those @Bugis Juction (stale mechandise) etc

I recommended my bro to buy the R2004 + G20 ballhead, at $159 is a steal for the specs.

Blog Entries

I am refering to the one at Kelantan Road too.
    I go to the other side on Kelantan road near Larut. This one is Kelantan Lane.

There are also a few more, on at Tyrwhitt Road and King George Road

T series tripods, if you check the stats on TK's website , are meant to be more compact. T = Traveller.

The T series tripods allow you to fold the legs in on the tripod head. They are also designed to be smaller, but the maximum height is nothing to shout about compared to the R2004, probably more comparable to R1204.

For the best way to see what I mean, you should head down to see the tripods in reality.
    Don't think I'm getting a T series since I don't see any travelling in the near future. So what does R series stand for then?

Don't think I'm getting a T series since I don't see any travelling in the near future. So what does R series stand for then?
    taller, cheaper.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Regular?

You'd have to ask Sirui.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast