Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Don't fret... still got one more year.
    Why??
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    It's not a rejection of families with low income. School fees still need to be paid. The school fees of private institutions are just as high as those of public schools. The only difference is that private schools are not government subsidized, therefore you have to pay more.

    There's a reason why there are education loans provided by banks.
    O.o, but is the interest very high??
    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    There are other alternatives.. I knew of people from N(T) course, going to ITE, the poly, and eventually Uni.
    Hmm that's very hard. For my school also got 1 alumni but he got Phd too. i admire him.


    Anyone know any route to get into Clinical psychologists with the current N cert i have?? all passes.
    i love SNOOKER and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

  2. #42
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon
    Thanks for your support sister. =)
    Hmmm I think kei is a guyy
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  3. #43
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    Hmm that's very hard. For my school also got 1 alumni but he got Phd too. i admire him.

    .

    Some people are good at studying, some are good at making things (photographers, artists), some are good at doing specialised tasks... Gotta find your 'specialty'. Of course education can never be neglected if you have the means to pursue it. But whatever you do, have a fallback plan just in case (touch wood). This fallback plan should be more concrete than your main plan.

    The commonly quoted quote:

    "We are all geniuses. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb trees, it will grow up thinking it is stupid!"


    NT build up edu to ITE.. ITE build up education to Poly, Uni. Nobody is an expert from the beginning, I'm not an instant learner myself. Step by step, step up.
    Last edited by redstone; 21st December 2011 at 01:04 AM.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Hmmm I think kei is a guyy
    anything you say~~

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Some people are good at studying, some are good at making things (photographers, artists), some are good at doing specialised tasks... Gotta find your 'specialty'. Of course education can never be neglected if you have the means to pursue it. But whatever you do, have a fallback plan just in case (touch wood). This fallback plan should be more concrete than your main plan.

    The commonly quoted quote:

    "We are all geniuses. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb trees, it will grow up thinking it is stupid!"


    NT build up edu to ITE.. ITE build up education to Poly, Uni. Nobody is an expert from the beginning, I'm not an instant learner myself. Step by step, step up.
    i was also thinking of taking step by step, but there is no related course to my psychology dream , my fallback plan is also out, i will go by long step from ite to poly to uni but cannot take psychology so i might be pursuing for business course.
    i love SNOOKER and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    The question is, why do you want to psychology? An arts degree from NUS in psychology will not allow you to clinical psychology unless you intend to do a post-graduate degree.

    Since now you have finished your N levels, I think you should take time to plan your next steps, because whatever you decide to do next, will probably decide the direction your life will go in for
    many years ahead. Coming to forums to seek advice is okay, but ultimately, you have to do your own in-depth research on what courses to take to get to what you want. Sometimes, in addition to
    asking 'what I want to do?', you should consider also asking 'what I can do well?'. Consider your own personality and abilities, then decide what courses will be more suitable for you.

    Don't be disheartened if you find that you cannot follow your interest now, you can always keep it as hobby or interest now. Later when you are more successful in life, you can always try to pursue your
    interest again. For example, I have a friend who finished her uni degree in Comm Studies, worked for 2 years, then left for Australia to do what she always want, fashion design.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    The question is, why do you want to psychology? An arts degree from NUS in psychology will not allow you to clinical psychology unless you intend to do a post-graduate degree.

    Since now you have finished your N levels, I think you should take time to plan your next steps, because whatever you decide to do next, will probably decide the direction your life will go in for
    many years ahead. Coming to forums to seek advice is okay, but ultimately, you have to do your own in-depth research on what courses to take to get to what you want. Sometimes, in addition to
    asking 'what I want to do?', you should consider also asking 'what I can do well?'. Consider your own personality and abilities, then decide what courses will be more suitable for you.

    Don't be disheartened if you find that you cannot follow your interest now, you can always keep it as hobby or interest now. Later when you are more successful in life, you can always try to pursue your
    interest again. For example, I have a friend who finished her uni degree in Comm Studies, worked for 2 years, then left for Australia to do what she always want, fashion design.
    Okay I get what you mean, the current route I know to get into my interest course is to score 9 points for my O level next year in order to get into tp for psychology course if not I will do business it
    i love SNOOKER and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Don't give up! I have an army mate who was once an ITE student, and he went subsequently to Ngee Ann Poly to pursue a Diploma in Nursing, in which he excelled in. He is now offered a scholarship to take up Nursing in NUS. He is even studying Specialist Diploma in Haematology and Blood Banking at Singapore Polytechnic part time now during his NS stint. Despite taking the longer path, we still end up in the same place eventually. Its the never say die spirit that counts.

  9. #49

    Default

    Why study so hard, spend so many years and school fee $, just to work for others for so little $ and pretend that you will love your job ?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168
    Why study so hard, spend so many years and school fee $, just to work for others for so little $ and pretend that you will love your job ?
    Agree. Use the time to get the old man to provide support for life is a much better option.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Telsoon,

    I study in UniSIM and my school employs a team of full time teaching staff (with Ph.D) and a team of part-time teaching staff (with Masters minimally). Though the school fees are high, they become manageable with govt subsidy. I wouldnt call that "using money to buy cert" or that "the school is out to cheat my money", i work hard for the grades.

    You are from the NA stream right? Why are you thinking about part time dip even before you take your Os? It's like conceding the battle before it's fought.. Work hard next year!! Jia you!!
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruikang89 View Post
    Don't give up! I have an army mate who was once an ITE student, and he went subsequently to Ngee Ann Poly to pursue a Diploma in Nursing, in which he excelled in. He is now offered a scholarship to take up Nursing in NUS. He is even studying Specialist Diploma in Haematology and Blood Banking at Singapore Polytechnic part time now during his NS stint. Despite taking the longer path, we still end up in the same place eventually. Its the never say die spirit that counts.
    I know that it may be longer but sometimes the courses in ite cant get in to the desire job i want. I shall work hard to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    Why study so hard, spend so many years and school fee $, just to work for others for so little $ and pretend that you will love your job ?
    Huh?? i dont get what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Agree. Use the time to get the old man to provide support for life is a much better option.
    Support the old man?? can you enlighten me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    Telsoon,

    I study in UniSIM and my school employs a team of full time teaching staff (with Ph.D) and a team of part-time teaching staff (with Masters minimally). Though the school fees are high, they become manageable with govt subsidy. I wouldnt call that "using money to buy cert" or that "the school is out to cheat my money", i work hard for the grades.

    You are from the NA stream right? Why are you thinking about part time dip even before you take your Os? It's like conceding the battle before it's fought.. Work hard next year!! Jia you!!
    Hmm, im from NT stream. UniSIM is famous i know. After my friend enlighten me with private school than i understand. If they dont work hard to study for their private dip, they won't get a dip cert.
    i love SNOOKER and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

  13. #53

    Default Re: Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    I know that it may be longer but sometimes the courses in ite cant get in to the desire job i want. I shall work hard to get it.

    Huh?? i dont get what you mean.

    Support the old man?? can you enlighten me ?

    Hmm, im from NT stream. UniSIM is famous i know. After my friend enlighten me with private school than i understand. If they dont work hard to study for their private dip, they won't get a dip cert.
    What kind of job are you looking at? Perhaps can share your goals with us and we may be able to help/advise/give suggestions to you?

    I qystan is referring to a certain political figure...

    Hehe.. glad that you now have a better view of private schools =)

    So you won't take O levels in school. If you were to take private Os, you need to be very disciplined.. Let us know your career goals and we see?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •