Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

Default Re: Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

Quote Originally Posted by neon2 View Post
    Thanks Fengwei. Yes the K-5 did work better than my K20D, but I experienced some low light AF issues and still getting used to the controls. Just upgraded the firmware so hoping it will solve the AF issue. As for my K20D, I think it will keep it as a backup body since no one is interested to buy in BnS.
    That's one thing i find about Pentax camera bodies... Their resale values are rather bad. But in a way it could be good also, as a deterrence towards upgrading to new bodies every year :P

Quote Originally Posted by redtealongan View Post
    That's one thing i find about Pentax camera bodies... Their resale values are rather bad. But in a way it could be good also, as a deterrence towards upgrading to new bodies every year :P
    the way i see it, i buy cameras to use, not to re-sell so it doesn't really bother me...

1. u can always buy resale cam with warranty
    2. i beg to differ.

Blog Entries

Works both ways I guess.
    Folks who buy a Pentax at the end of the cameras cycle get a good deal.
    Better than some brands die die control price till EOL of product.
    Feels better to buy a 2yr old DSLR at close to what it was when it was launched? (not for me)
    Well a friend of mine did, and thought the reason why the price never dropped was because the camera was damn good

So want to lessen the impact of price drop for Pentax camera bodies?
    Must tahan and buy near the end of the products lifecycle, lor..

Like what pinholecam said, it is best to buy camera bodies after 1 or 2 years after it has been released and the rice will then drop to an acceptable level. It is not always the higher price means the better camera. Pentax has always been value for money.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K3 Silver LE/K5IIs/MZ-S, DA*16-50, Sigma 70-200, FA43 & FA77 Limited, FA*85

hi still able to get the K5 at S12XX?

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    hi still able to get the K5 at S12XX?
    do check with either SLRR (Funan) or Orient Photo (SLS)

both out of stock for now checked eariler today wanted to get! sigh next week OP might have!

Quote Originally Posted by joshua182 View Post
    both out of stock for now checked eariler today wanted to get! sigh next week OP might have!
    always oos... definitely good

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiers View Post
    do check with either SLRR (Funan) or Orient Photo (SLS)
    SLRR only have the K5 with Kit lens..... else maybe, just maybe I will be a Pentax K5 user too....

Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    SLRR only have the K5 with Kit lens..... else maybe, just maybe I will be a Pentax K5 user too....
    U buying tomorrow? I ask about 55-300 also no stock hahaha
    K-3 Black, Sigma 70 F2.8, Tamron 90 f2.8, Silver DA 40 f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    U buying tomorrow? I ask about 55-300 also no stock hahaha
    haaa I was at Funan jalan jalan and pop in to ask.... (after reading such poisonous thread).... ......was also at TK.... the hot selling stuff now is Nikon V1 and Fujifilm X10..... both shops saw customers getting this 2 latest toy.....

Anycase the nice gentleman there told me why don't wait for the new model then decide whether to get the K5... else later new model come out with out of the world specs.... heart and wallet very pain....

haaa I was at Funan jalan jalan and pop in to ask.... (after reading such poisonous thread)....
    ......was also at TK.... the hot selling stuff now is Nikon V1 and Fujifilm X10..... both shops saw customers getting this 2 latest toy.....

Anycase the nice gentleman there told me why don't wait for the new model then decide whether to get the K5... else later new model come out with out of the world specs.... heart and wallet very pain....
    Like that you will never buy a camera. Always waiting for a new model. Just buy and shoot.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K3 Silver LE/K5IIs/MZ-S, DA*16-50, Sigma 70-200, FA43 & FA77 Limited, FA*85

haaa I was at Funan jalan jalan and pop in to ask.... (after reading such poisonous thread).... ......was also at TK.... the hot selling stuff now is Nikon V1 and Fujifilm X10..... both shops saw customers getting this 2 latest toy.....

i've said it before - based on this kind of logic, nobody will ever buy anything liao... dun buy now. wait for new model. new model come out, still dun want to buy, wait for price to drop. wait some more, new model coming out... no end one

frankly, i can understand why mass market consumers will buy the X10 and V1. i just can't see myself doing it...

haaa no lar Bro, I am not one that wait.... if I need, I will buy..... just that I just sold my Canon system, was thinking of going for small system setup.... for simple daily casual anyhow shoot (most of the time), PNS okie.... but for more serious shooting, being trying out a few m43, Nikon v1 system and all that..... the feel just not there..... hate the weight of DSLR but it gets the job done...... But I felt that eventually will go back to DSLR system.....

..... and K5 come along with good price and all that.... so was thinking of maybe trying out Pentax..... with the poisonous injection every time I read..... ... without any system commitment now, easier or maybe tougher to make a choice...... :roll eyes:...... just need time to read and learn more lar..... about Pentax system..... my usage range is are 17 to 80mm (for general use) and a short prime of 30/35mm for taking Potrait of my boy...... just not sure what Pentax can offer (which is in the value for $$$ range)..... unlike Nikon 17-55mm which is good but way out of budget and my usage does not justify it)

Few questions to ask though.....

1. how effective is the SR on K5... getting old and hand not stable..... even with 17-50mm or 35mm.... feel that my hand is shaking too much to get sharp pics.... :roll eyes:

2. how often you guys uses flash??? Now with K5, D7000 and 7D all having good ISO performance, do you still require flash?? Not talking about dark places.... but rather indoor shots?? That is another concern as I am not sure about Pentax/Metz flash lights?

Few questions to ask though.....

1. how effective is the SR on K5... getting old and hand not stable..... even with 17-50mm or 35mm.... feel that my hand is shaking too much to get sharp pics.... :roll eyes:

2. how often you guys uses flash??? Now with K5, D7000 and 7D all having good ISO performance, do you still require flash?? Not talking about dark places.... but rather indoor shots?? That is another concern as I am not sure about Pentax/Metz flash lights?
    1. at 17mm and 50mm, u hardly need any stabilisation on a bright day lah shutter speed can go > 1/200... i leave it on most of the time unless i'm using tripod. i'm indifferent to it. but i can go as low as 1/8 on 50mm if i hold my breath. ymmv. i think it also helps that pentax dslrs are relatively lighter so its less tiring to hold it.

2. depends what u want to achieve. the effect with flash and without flash is very different. there are some shots where it is better to bump up ISO (say, up to 3200?) and these newer models can certainly deliver relatively clean shots at that ISO. there are also some shots that can benefit from using a flash (i.e. u want to step down for more DOF).

there had always been complaints that pentax's p-ttl is not very accurate. i actually find it ok... sure, may get some misses when i bounce but i hasn't failed me catastrophically so far... i'm using an old metz 48. the newer model (metz 50) have better build quality (metal foot) and is worth a look. i find metz to be better value for money than the first party models. but some prefer first party cos controls are more straightforward. switches vs LCD screen.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    1. at 17mm and 50mm, u hardly need any stabilisation on a bright day lah shutter speed can go > 1/200... i leave it on most of the time unless i'm using tripod. i'm indifferent to it. but i can go as low as 1/8 on 50mm if i hold my breath. ymmv. i think it also helps that pentax dslrs are relatively lighter so its less tiring to hold it.

2. depends what u want to achieve. the effect with flash and without flash is very different. there are some shots where it is better to bump up ISO (say, up to 3200?) and these newer models can certainly deliver relatively clean shots at that ISO. there are also some shots that can benefit from using a flash (i.e. u want to step down for more DOF).

there had always been complaints that pentax's p-ttl is not very accurate. i actually find it ok... sure, may get some misses when i bounce but i hasn't failed me catastrophically so far... i'm using an old metz 48. the newer model (metz 50) have better build quality (metal foot) and is worth a look. i find metz to be better value for money than the first party models. but some prefer first party cos controls are more straightforward. switches vs LCD screen.
    I bloody agree with no.1 hahaha, kinda slacky and cannot imagine me carrying almost 2kg of body plus lens without shaking and sweating on pants plus very glued to their limited pancake lens
    K-3 Black, Sigma 70 F2.8, Tamron 90 f2.8, Silver DA 40 f2.8

haaaa thanks bro..... bright day outside I no worry.... its during those time when we use indoor.... even daytime, wont be as bright as outdoor... that is when the "challenge" come..... .... up ISO, afraid too noisy.... use flash, miscue sometime....

haaaa thanks bro..... bright day outside I no worry.... its during those time when we use indoor.... even daytime, wont be as bright as outdoor... that is when the "challenge" come..... .... up ISO, afraid too noisy.... use flash, miscue sometime....
    the new bodies u mentioned, up ISO no problem lah... won't be noise free but very usable straight out of camera. my bedroom is not very bright and i use it all the time to take photos of my baby.

i often have to use ISO3200, F 2-3.5, 1/50 and below at 50mm. i seldom shoot wide open at F1.4 or F2.8.

the new bodies u mentioned, up ISO no problem lah... won't be noise free but very usable straight out of camera. my bedroom is not very bright and i use it all the time to take photos of my baby.

i often have to use ISO3200, F 2-3.5, 1/50 and below at 50mm. i seldom shoot wide open at F1.4 or F2.8.

That's good to hear bro..... I usually take my boy in indoor setting.... most of the time "forced" to use flash as dont want to up ISO due to noise.... but flash sometime can give that "unnatural" look..... of course my skill or lack of it play a part too lar...

Btw, lets say I am looking at paring 2 lenses (max 3 lenses), which will be the most "value for $$$" setup for you guys..... need 1 prime at 30/35mm, one 17-50mmf2.8 range.... and throw in a metz flash.... what's the damage (to the heart and wallet)...
    Last edited by N-user; 8th January 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast