Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

Default Re: Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

Quote Originally Posted by clownpo09 View Post
    to be fair, if pentax will release a camera that will have very similar in specs to that of C & N at the same price, and still have the same support/item availability as right now, why the heck choose pentax? but if you already have an investment of lenses its understandable
    u are quite right. it would be suicide for pentax to do so and not just because of a less sophisticated supply chain. even if they flood the shelves with a hypothetical FF pentax camera tomorrow, pple would still prefer to buy from brands they are more familiar with.

i think the company had said as much through their many interviews, press releases, etc: they will only release FF if they have something that is not offered by the competition.

but be that as it may, if the first expectation of customers is that it must be "cheaper than C&N", i think its not a good position to be in... if pple think "better value", it could work, but cheap? oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    Pentax is pinoy lens is vietnam so will be expecting them to grow big first then say FF
    no link???

They are only concentrating on sonething then you suddenly come change their focus, I think you watch too much dog whisperer. Wake up from dreams and be realistic, pound for pound price for quality. You cant expect them to come out FF and sell you alot of super features but at k5 price
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

After having watched that last interview by PentaxForums with the Japanese development guy, i get the feeling that Pentax does not want to meet C or N head-on with an equivalent product. It seems Pentax's idea is always to do something different instead. So those eagerly awaiting FF & hoping to see something similar with a C or N offering, may be disappointed... or pleasantly surprised... but whatever it is, i do not think i'd expect a 5D or D-whatever-x type product coming from Pentax...

As an amateur pentax user still holding onto my k-x and 35/2.4 dearly (no intentions of changing and shooting actively) I am proud of this brand and the tight community that comes with it.

While we occasionally criticize the new products, We still hope for the best of this manufacturer, and hope they listen to what end users have to say, so that there could be improvement.

I'm comfortable with where pentax is heading and am fiercely loyal to this brand (despite admitting that k-01 is outright ugly). There is no need for pentax to mass market and sell out to the masses (then we will be another soulless sell-out)

So what if people tell me pentax is "ulu / lousy / unpopular / insert negativity"? It's like your girl friend, even if people say bad things about her, you will stick onto her because you are sure about her, right?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    why must pentax must sell a good camera at lelong prices? u'll happily pay more for a D7k instead of a K5 (and honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. both are good cameras.) and other users will pay so much more for a D800 (again, nothing wrong. some pple need / want FF and can pay) ... but u expect pentax to sell u a cheap FF... hmmm... something very wrong with the brand positioning here.i agree with FW on this... anything's possible in your dreams.
    No offence and ill intention on my post to the Pentaxian Bro... sorry if I done so.... but the only thing free here is dream mah... I also dream N sell D800 at K5 price....5DMK whatever at K5 price...... that goes to show Pentax sells quality stuff at very competitive price....

And I again stress that K5 with its limited lens (I only use K5 before lar).... is a damn good combination.... anyone looking at a DSLR.... must seriously consider it..... .... I still miss the shuttle sound..... damn....
    Last edited by N-user; 27th February 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    No offence and ill intention on my post to the Pentaxian Bro... sorry if I done so.... but the only thing free here is dream mah... I also dream N sell D800 at K5 price....5DMK whatever at K5 price
    ...... that goes to show Pentax sells quality stuff at very competitive price....

And I again stress that K5 with its limited lens (I only use K5 before lar).... is a damn good combination.... anyone looking at a DSLR.... must seriously consider it..... .... I still miss the shuttle sound..... damn....
    Purchase another K5 and join us for our monthly outings . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

No offence and ill intention on my post to the Pentaxian Bro... sorry if I done so.... but the only thing free here is dream mah... I also dream N sell D800 at K5 price....5DMK whatever at K5 price...... that goes to show Pentax sells quality stuff at very competitive price....

like i said earlier, i do not mean any criticism i just find it amusing every time i see "cheap", "FF" and "Pentax" mentioned in the same sentence.

sorry if i made u feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Purchase another K5 and join us for our monthly outings . . .
    hmm you know what.. I might just do that.... but not now.... got to save up first.... kekeke

hmm you know what.. I might just do that.... but not now.... got to save up first.... kekeke
    You should!!. Mus see you in next outing, even if you only have your Nikon for now . . . K5 can come later . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    like i said earlier, i do not mean any criticism i just find it amusing every time i see "cheap", "FF" and "Pentax" mentioned in the same sentence.

sorry if i made u feel uncomfortable.
    No worry bro.... just the way I put across, not meant to put down Pentax, but somehow, turn out not right... ... understand the feeling of Pentaxian Bro.... sorry to cause the unhappiness....

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    You should!!. Mus see you in next outing, even if you only have your Nikon for now . . . K5 can come later . . .
    As I am working shift work, cannot promise that I can go for the outing.... my shooting is like guerilla warfare.... anytime can find the chance, grab and go shoot for 2 to 3 hrs..... but will definitely try Bro... would like to meet the good bro of Pentax.... and learn from you guys..... I am still a BB learning to crawl in photography term.....

N-user, when u fall in love in pentax, u can change ur nick to P-user

i rmb you bought a K-5 for less than a week and sold it shortly after this. i dont consider this as really use before leh. keke.

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulChoc View Post
    i rmb you bought a K-5 for less than a week and sold it shortly after this. i dont consider this as really use before leh. keke.
    pple are free to buy, use, sell and do whatever they want with their equipment, and form opinions on their equipment

N-User found that other equipment suits his needs better and that's fine.

Pentax is a brand, not a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulChoc

Kekeke... Got touch touch and shoot for at least a week lar... no deep understanding but can still know its a damn good camera.... Heee

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    N-user, when u fall in love in pentax, u can change ur nick to P-user
    Over the years, jump here jump there..... If keep on changing nick sure tio ban.... Haaaa

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

pple are free to buy, use, sell and do whatever they want with their equipment, and form opinions on their equipment

N-User found that other equipment suits his needs better and that's fine.

Pentax is a brand, not a cult.
    Thank bro.... U are right very right... The N system suit my need better now, not because P is no good.... But really, very hard not to fall in love with K5.... Heeee

Thank bro.... U are right very right... The N system suit my need better now, not because P is no good.... But really, very hard not to fall in love with K5.... Heeee
    Chinese saying "Eating watermelon must eat on the bigger end but usually they do not see the smaller part as the sweetest" So N-user I be waiting for you to come back here muahahahaha, don't always bite on bigger end because you may not know when you gonna choke also
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulChoc View Post
    to interested buyers on my k-5, i cant reply if your pm box is full. thanks.

detritus: cant help but agree to wad u hv said.
    so fast....that thread is meant for me

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast