Thread: Calling all NTU and NIE students - MPE photography Competition

Default Calling all NTU and NIE students - MPE photography Competition

Dear NTU and NIE students,
    We have just put up the posters today to announce the MPE Photography Competitiion 2005. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are $1,000, $500 and $250 respectively. Please refer to the following website for information on themes, submission requirement, terms and conditions, etc.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/mpe/Admin/photocompetition/

Regards

Erm.... TEN pictures???
    That's a lot just for ONE submission.

Hmm, and for category 2 and 3, it seems like quite a hard subject for those not in MPE

10 pictures ... for 1 competition.. abit too much for this kind of prize n competition isn't it. Moreover, u need to find MPE lecturers n students to be subjects.. even harder... 5 cat.. but 1 prize..hmm

28th Jan closing somemore. Leaves us with 3 weeks to shoot MPE students in action when school reopens. Hmm..

TEN????

ten for a top prize of $1000 - it's ridiculous!

and stated open to NTU and NIE students but the theme is so inclined to MPE that it just discouraged me from participating, aside from the TEN photos required.

plus a tight deadline

Judging from the comments here, the more one should join since the chances of winning are higher! Haha..

Participants may use ANY digital camera.
    I only have film camera... Can't participate le...

Any digital camera, but it seems like you'll need 4megapix and above for the printouts.

I wouldn't mind giving up my copyrights for any pictures submitted if it's only one picture. But for this competition, they are asking for the rights to ALL pictures submitted, whether winning or not. This is a highly unusual requirement especially for 10 pictures per submission.

Maybe I'm picky, but this is a thinly disguised effort to canvass for stock photography.