Thread: deal

Default deal

Default Re: deal

A little unbalanced I would say. Take a while to locate subject.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Hi,

Which part do you think is unbalanced? Could we discuss it?

Also, in my photography I do explore alternatives that do not seem to be commonly accepted, especially on clubsnap (forum that is, sadly, full of bullies and abusers). My masters are Daido Moriyama, Araki and Decarava. I usually stay away from by-the-book composed photos that are abundant and not contributing anything new to fine arts. To use a comparison, Schoenberg vs. Mozart; majority of people can't take Schoenberg music but are pleased by Mozart. There is nothing wrong about it but it was Schoenberg who introduced much needed changes to classical music.

I am not saying here anything about quality of my art, this is to be judged in time, but about what my way is. My way is neither good nor bad, it just is. It stems from my way of seeing the world and I can't really help it. Catering for common taste has never been my intention and no matter how often I am spat on by some bullies here on clubsnap I will not change. By the way, this does not apply to you

Getting back to the photo, I thought quite a long time how to crop it. So this is composed exactly the way I envisaged it. Please don't think I'm being defensive here. I really appreciate your comment and I'd like to discuss it with you.

Thanks!

Hmm... Let's see...

I rather like the right side of the pic. The far near of the building line is actually quite interesting. However, I think somehow the vision are not being directed to the guy fast enough.
    The left side is a little "unbalancely" (Gosh, I know there's never such a term) dark.
    Since there's no leading lines to help the viewer to the man. Perhaps some vignetting effects around the photos to better focus the eyes towards the man can have a better effect?

Also, I can't really decide where's wrong but somehow I think it will be better if more building are show to better isolate and diminish the significance of the man.
    Like how small is the man in the vast sea of cold concrete building. Sneakily dealing something.

What do you think?
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Hmm... Let's see...

I rather like the right side of the pic. The far near of the building line is actually quite interesting. However, I think somehow the vision are not being directed to the guy fast enough.
    The left side is a little "unbalancely" (Gosh, I know there's never such a term) dark.
    Since there's no leading lines to help the viewer to the man. Perhaps some vignetting effects around the photos to better focus the eyes towards the man can have a better effect?

Also, I can't really decide where's wrong but somehow I think it will be better if more building are show to better isolate and diminish the significance of the man.
    Like how small is the man in the vast sea of cold concrete building. Sneakily dealing something.

What do you think?
    Good points here. I agree that you have to adjust your eyes to sort of notice the guy. Vignetting sounds like a good idea but it could make it a little bit cliche, hard to say. I will see how vignetting affects the picture

Yes, making the man smaller would convey the message better. Perhaps if I could get a higher vantage point it would help. It was shot in Tokyo from my hotel window and there was no time to change the position

I see your point about darker part of the image on the left. It somehow does not distract me but it's probably subjective