Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81316171819 LastLast

Thread: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Well... you may be correct... with the amount of 'self deleted' post here... I must admit that I could not find the post.... but never the less, SAW can't go.... can't stay... then what the h*ll is she suppose to do ??
    don't beat around the bush

Nonetheless you can take the whole h ell out of your time to think about it..

ok I will stop the meaningless quarrel here..

Well... you may be correct... with the amount of 'self deleted' post here... I must admit that I could not find the post.... but never the less, SAW can't go.... can't stay... then what the h*ll is she suppose to do ??
    I do agree on that.. is not that i agree with her action or whatsoever.. but i felt that we need to be fair to her as a 'human'..
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Apple's board of directors decided to oust Steven Jobs and place John Sculley in charge of Apple.
    What does John Sculley (formerly VP of PepsiCo selling soft drinks) know about making the right type of computers to sell?
    What happened to Apple under John Sculley?

It may still work if the person is willing to listen to good advice from capable subordinates. But that may or may not happen.

It was the trend at one time to purposely put a person who knows nothing about core business in charge of the top post.
    The corporate big wigs think it is "stylish". Wonder if Japan is willing to put a former sushi chef in charge their nuclear agency Tepco?

Chill people. Let us all enjoy these marvellous social awareness in public transport music videos.

YouTube Video ID No. Q1I5ES62BGQ

YouTube Video ID No. K5EY43EWH9A
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 9th April 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    boss...Singaporeans can never make up their minds. what to do?

relax, do our jobs properly and collect CPF when it's due
    Yeah. You better make sure she doesn't run CPF before you retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    LOL. i think she will never be asked to run anymore government-linked companies

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Apple's board of directors decided to oust Steven Jobs and place John Sculley in charge of Apple.
    What does John Sculley (formerly VP of PepsiCo selling soft drinks) know about making the right type of computers to sell?
    What happened to Apple under John Sculley?

It may still work if the person is willing to listen to good advice from capable subordinates. But that may or may not happen.

It was the trend at one time to purposely put a person who knows nothing about core business in charge of the top post.
    The corporate big wigs think it is "stylish". Wonder if Japan is willing to put a former sushi chef in charge their nuclear agency Tepco?
    Erm... you do know that it was Jobs who courted Sculley in the 1st place? With his famous: "you want to keep selling sugared water to kids, or do you want to change the world?" talk.
    And Jobs himself admits he too was to blame for almost destroying Apple, not just Sculley alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

Another best post

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    Erm... you do know that it was Jobs who courted Sculley in the 1st place? With his famous: "you want to keep selling sugared water to kids, or do you want to change the world?" talk.
    And Jobs himself admits he too was to blame for almost destroying Apple, not just Sculley alone.
    Yes. Shown in most of the videos on Steven Jobs. He asked Sculley to help manage the place, not take over his post. Because he knew Sculley did not have what it takes to lead a computer manufacturer. The silly Apple board sided with Sculley..for a while.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 10th April 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Ehh..what happened. Just now at 1800hrs, the N and S lines so damn packed. Needed to wait for 3 trains before could hop on (and still packed like sardines). Both directions.

Track Circuit down between YWT & KRJ southbound.... all trains are late be 30mins or more currently... looks like kena force to do OT again....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Track Circuit down between YWT & KRJ southbound.... all trains are late be 30mins or more currently... looks like kena force to do OT again....
    Wow...no joke man.

the start-stop train is really getting on my nerves...

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    the start-stop train is really getting on my nerves...

Since Dec... all Train Officers have endured day in day out of endless problem... from missing our rest or meals breaks... to force OT due to breakdowns... so, how do you think we feel after nearly 4mths of this... ??

Since Dec... all Train Officers have endured day in day out of endless problem... from missing our rest or meals breaks... to force OT due to breakdowns... so, how do you think we feel after nearly 4mths of this... ??
    no comments on that as everyone has their fair share of problems.

i'm just speaking from a passenger(now the public announcement system call us 'customers') POV.

What exactly is causing all these breakdowns? Maintenance issue? Operator issue? Pure bad luck?

Or need to pray to datok kong?
    No joke, my old man used to work on building the infamous Karak highway - infamous for ghost stories - but in reality infamous for being really difficult to build.
    Brand new machinery would break down for no apparent reason, people would suddenly fall ill etc.
    So the project manager, a Malay Muslim told everyone to take a break: he went to a mosque to pray while the mostly Chinese staff started making offerings to datok kong. And after that, everything went smooth.

no comments on that as everyone has their fair share of problems.

i'm just speaking from a passenger(now the public announcement system call us 'customers') POV.

Yeah... don't know which idiot came out with is 'Customer' instead of Passengers idea....

As to why all this is happening... the Court Hearing is on the 16th of Apr..... hopefully there will be no cover up for anyone and let those responsible kena big time....
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 10th April 2012 at 09:56 PM.

the term 'customers' actually provides more affirmation for the then 'passengers' to feel frustrated.

cause' 'customers' pay for a service and it's kinda fug up in the recent months.

no offence yeah.

the term 'customers' actually provides more affirmation for the then 'passengers' to feel frustrated.

cause' 'customers' pay for a service and it's kinda fug up in the recent months.

no offence yeah.

Well... to each, their poison....

I still very much prefer the term 'Passenger'... even on a budget flight... the pilot of the plane don't refer to us on the PA as 'customer'... or at least not on the flights I've been on...

i also prefer 'passenger', 'customer' on a train just don't sound right.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81316171819 LastLast