Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 365

Thread: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

  1. #181

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line



    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    this one is hilarious

    This hilarious classic has been adapted & recycled to death...

  2. #182

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    SMRT (Sorry Must Repair Train)

    LOL.......
    I just read somewhere ... SMRT = Singapore's Most Ridiculous Transport

  3. #183
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    This is the reality of NewSingapore where two security lapses are tolerated with just a token fine and rewarded with big fat bonuses.

    All this homeland security campaign are just hentak kaki cepat hentak, looks like moving but staying at the same place, universal round.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 23rd December 2011 at 09:29 AM.

  4. #184

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    i thought SMRT is ISO certified? what they audit?
    Objection !!!

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Miscue on Blog TV.

    The discussion is completely off the mark. All the Blog TV participants are to blame, not only SHT. The male presenter was too busy trying to interrupt other people when they were speaking. Causing them to lose their train of thought. I think the male presenter wanted to grab the limelight.

    Actually, during the SMRT fiasco announcements were made in English. Nobody had any problem making announcements in English.

    IIRC the elderly commuters were saying to the news reporter that they could not understand what was going on during the breakdown, because the SMRT announcements were only in English.
    So in fact the commuters were saying the problem was that there were no announcements in Malay, Indian and Chinese.

    But what's the fuss? Why is SHT accused of racism? He did not mean it, of course.
    If anything, from what I can observe, SHT was not fluent in English (though his Mandarin is powerful, as a former journalist) on the Blog TV episode.
    He was definitely not speaking the Queen's English.

    And (I think) local Indians speak better English than local Chinese, so the miscue remark was WoWo.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 24th December 2011 at 09:59 AM.

  6. #186
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i thought SMRT is ISO certified? what they audit?
    Paperwork.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh

    dunno but the following is true. Seriously I did not know we had a HR guy as COO in SMRT....
    Read on more about their management crew's former jobs. You'll be surprised to find all sorts of unrelated jobs

  8. #188

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Read on more about their management crew's former jobs. You'll be surprised to find all sorts of unrelated jobs
    it is clear that they doesn't want a person with a engineering background to seat in the management committee. the philosophy of A engineer is that he will solve any technical issue irregardless of cost and time. That is why Engineer is the lowest paid, underrated profession in the world

  9. #189

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    it is clear that they doesn't want a person with a engineering background to seat in the management committee. the philosophy of A engineer is that he will solve any technical issue irregardless of cost and time. That is why Engineer is the lowest paid, underrated profession in the world
    This idiosyncratic malaise is not confined to Singapore alone, the saddest part is that our greedy government wasted no time in learning the worst practices about corporate mis-governance (did i get this term right?) and twisted a lot of facts to benefit themselves. Look what Carly Fiorina did to HP ! Look what John Sculley did to Apple !

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Off-topic from thread:
    John Sculley failed not only because he did not understand the IT business at all. John Sculley ousted Steven Jobs. It was a dis-honourable thing to do.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 24th December 2011 at 01:24 PM.

  11. #191
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Off-topic from thread:
    John Sculley failed not only because he did not understand the IT business at all. John Sculley ousted Steven Jobs. It was a dis-honourable thing to do.
    John Sculley should have steered Apple to produce a fizzy drink called iCola.

  12. #192

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Off-topic from thread:
    in Japan, if you tell the Receptionist that you are the Technical Manager of certain Company, she will point you to a sofa and wait

    in contrast, if you present yourself as a Engineer, she will walk you to the sofa, sometimes u might get extra like hot-drinks / hot-towel

  13. #193
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    in contrast, if you present yourself as a Engineer, she will walk you to the sofa, sometimes u might get extra like hot-drinks / hot-towel
    After the hot-towel you'll get a hot blanket treatment?
    Last edited by Sion; 24th December 2011 at 05:55 PM.

  14. #194

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    This is the reality of NewSingapore where two security lapses are tolerated with just a token fine and rewarded with big fat bonuses.

    All this homeland security campaign are just hentak kaki cepat hentak, looks like moving but staying at the same place, universal round.
    Mas Selemat escape, 'tekan' the honest citizens to put up with extra security checks and inconvenience, 'tekan' NSF to go search for him in forests, drains and swamps.
    All that was needed was due diligence to go check on direct relatives houses.

    MRT breakdown, 'tekan' honest citizens again to waste money take cab, inconvenience of less/slower trains and put up with a cheap 'sorry' with no real action taken against management team.

    Floods.... hai... just admit 'weather has changed' can already.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 24th December 2011 at 06:31 PM.

  15. #195

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    In the spirit of photography,

    here is a pic of the SMRT CEO, at their D&D...


  16. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh
    In the spirit of photography,

    here is a pic of the SMRT CEO, at their D&D...
    Lolxxxxxxxxxxxx.

  17. #197

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    People will start to realise that there are times when pentax/sony etc are able to do a job as good as the canikons,
    looking beyond mere advertising .... :P do not always listen to salemen who just want to increase their profits :P

  18. #198

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    The problem all started when the Sr staffs were retrenched, resigned, retired and asked to leave. When she took over how many senior staff with years of experience and trained by experts from Japan, England and Hong Kong that did not agreed with her was removed and replaced with young people with paper qualifications and have not the slightest idea of how to run a train system. There these young management staff tried to impress her by backstabbing each other, come out with hairbrain ideas or quick fix solutions that did not sound in the long run. Well guess what after 10 years of this type of sh.it from a well oiled and smooth running system she ran it to the ground. Mark my words as long as she is in the helm surrounded by her clueless dogs there will be no improvment.
    That was the time I took a serious look at my retirement plan. Then came her waves of cost cutting measures, buying of cheap spares that looks good on paper but can't even last till the next round of preventive maintainance, reduce the manpower to all sections working at skeleton crew level. The last straw came when some of my junior staffs was not satisfied with the way they were graded and the amount they got compare to what their bosses got. They brough it up to the union and HR and they got the same reply " The door is always open". That was when I knew the sh.it has hit the ceiling and I took my earily retirment and joined my fellow former co-workers.
    Source: ex-SMRT staff on why SMRT breaks down......

  19. #199
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    Yes, a lot of difficulties were faced by our NSF when Mas Selamat cabut.

    A few years later, security lapses were just ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Mas Selemat escape, 'tekan' the honest citizens to put up with extra security checks and inconvenience, 'tekan' NSF to go search for him in forests, drains and swamps.
    All that was needed was due diligence to go check on direct relatives houses.

    MRT breakdown, 'tekan' honest citizens again to waste money take cab, inconvenience of less/slower trains and put up with a cheap 'sorry' with no real action taken against management team.

    Floods.... hai... just admit 'weather has changed' can already.

  20. #200
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Breakdown on North-South MRT Line

    "Don't worry about it.
    Blood will flow when the dust settles.
    The mother will be sacrificed to save the baby.
    Only fear can move the trains."

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •