Thread: help needed

Default help needed

I will taking photos of my student graduation. As one by one student get down the stage, they will be given number in running order starting from 0001 onwards according to the number on the camera.

Anyone can teach, guide or recommend software that can print the number on the photo for fast and easy collection of photos according to the number.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: help needed

Quote Originally Posted by 256mb View Post
    I will taking photos of my student graduation. As one by one student get down the stage, they will be given number in running order starting from 0001 onwards according to the number on the camera.

Anyone can teach, guide or recommend software that can print the number on the photo for fast and easy collection of photos according to the number.

Thanks.
    Can you ask them to hold a number plate?

i doubt you'll have enough time to do standard postediting. write their numbers on the back of the photo is what i would do. or label the photopaper itself. by the time the session is over and you have approx a hundred to a thousand photos to edit, everyone's gone
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Reset your camera file numbering. The first becomes DSC0001. Use a blank memory card for this sequence to separate it from other shots.

Most photos print the file numbers on the back.

do a google search of photoshop script to embed filename into the images,
    there are details instruction of how to modify the font type, size, color, and position.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by 256mb View Post

Thanks.
    Since the students are in a fixed sequence/order, just use two piece of photo slips, one for the student, another to attach to the photo. Put the printed photo and the slip in a clear plastic bag and arrange all the photos in order. The students then can just present the slip with the number upon collection. NUS grad ceremony has thousands of graduands and that's what they do.
    D3100 | 18-55 3.5-5.6 | 55-200 4-5.6 | 35 1.8
    Holga 135BC | Sprocket Rocket | BlackbirdFly